Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Sleep debt

Announcements Posted on
We're up for a Webby! Vote TSR to help us win. 10-04-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I was just wondering, do you have sleep debt? It's a term I use for when I sleep for longer on the weekends. Now I don't have that problem anymore because I wake up at six, but there was a time when I slept all the way until twelve.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I do, if I've spent the whole week staying up until 3am every day cramming for tests or finishing homework I should've done the week before. However if I go to bed at 11pm latest, I have no problem with waking up early in the morning.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Which is more important? Getting a good night's sleep or cramming for exams? Say the exam was tomorrow, for example.
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hcam)
    Which is more important? Getting a good night's sleep or cramming for exams? Say the exam was tomorrow, for example.
    Always risk to cut out any sleep
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have trouble catching up on my sleep, but always notice SUCH an improvement in my concentration etc. when I manage to get a near normal amount. If there's any possibleity of you getting a good nights rest, take it! Cramming wont benefit you if you're over-tired, trust me
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hcam)
    In that situation, I'd take the sleep definitely.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hcam)
    Sleep is always more important. The more sleep you get, the most stuff you will remember in the exam. Revision just before going to bed is actually the worst time to learn, you remember the least.

Another thing, is that if you are trying to understand a concept by cramming the night before, if you did not understand it after studying it for months, it isn't suddenly going to click in 5 minutes, and if it does, it will click in the exam too.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: May 6, 2012
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.