Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How is 'The Voice' all about the voice?

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 47 followers

ReputationRep:
    The show has been branded as "all about the voice" and producing actual good singers but so far I've failed to find a distinct feature between The Voice and The X Factor which is what the BBC have been trying to convey.

Firstly, the blind auditions. Yes, the Judges don't chose people based on their image because all they hear is the voice. But the producers do, so the "it's all about the image" point is void. And as soon as the auditions finish, for the four judges it's no longer just about the voice.

Secondly, the battle stages. The judges are watching them, just like the X Factor. The judges will decide who out of both are capable of getting the most votes, for them to win later on. They will take into account their image, personality and their voice. Just like the X Factor.

And the live shows. The Judges are watching them, judging them exactly like they do on the X factor. The viewers vote in who they want to save.. both in the bottom two face the scrutiny of the judges.. oh.. again like the X Factor.. and then face elimination.

In terms of singing, I can't see any major difference. I think X Factor is much better in terms of the whole production, but they've tried to snub X Factor as having bad singers when in reality the only bad singers they have is the joke act Louie Walsh choses.. Wagner.. Jedward.. etc.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miracle Day)
    The show has been branded as "all about the voice" and producing actual good singers but so far I've failed to find a distinct feature between The Voice and The X Factor which is what the BBC have been trying to convey.

Firstly, the blind auditions. Yes, the Judges don't chose people based on their image because all they hear is the voice. But the producers do, so the "it's all about the image" point is void. And as soon as the auditions finish, for the four judges it's no longer just about the voice.

Secondly, the battle stages. The judges are watching them, just like the X Factor. The judges will decide who out of both are capable of getting the most votes, for them to win later on. They will take into account their image, personality and their voice. Just like the X Factor.

And the live shows. The Judges are watching them, judging them exactly like they do on the X factor. The viewers vote in who they want to save.. both in the bottom two face the scrutiny of the judges.. oh.. again like the X Factor.. and then face elimination.

In terms of singing, I can't see any major difference. I think X Factor is much better in terms of the whole production, but they've tried to snub X Factor as having bad singers when in reality the only bad singers they have is the joke act Louie Walsh choses.. Wagner.. Jedward.. etc.
    They shouldn't be allowed dancers etc. It becomes the x factor as soon as the battle rounds are over.
    • 47 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moleman1996)
    They shouldn't be allowed dancers etc. It becomes the x factor as soon as the battle rounds are over.
    Exacly. And the live shows are the most essential part of the show.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Completley agree! The singers are good, but so were the X Factor singers. The joke ones didnt come in for a few seasons anyway.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    One quote heard too many times on this show

"For me, it's all about the voice... I didn't like the dancers"

:confused:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yes! It is about image. The fat bloke was the first to get voted off in the live shows.

I also think they have already decided who they want to win, and the show is carefully constructed to make us vote for them, just like in X factor.
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's pretty obvious isn't it? It's a TV gameshow designed to entertain and erstwhile compete with profit-making rivals (I can't say that they themselves seek to profiteer as it's the BBC).

It's not designed to be a free, fair and balanced talent showcase, it's designed entertain us at home.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    i know! i've been thinking this the whole time! even when they did their turny around thing in their chairs it wasn't just about the voice because we heard all their sob stories and sometimes they said they didn't turn around because they thought the person would be old even though they had an amazing voice... and i remember danny going "oh no" a few times after he hadn't turned round and it turned out to be a really good looking girl or something... and i'm just going to go ahead and say it... toni (the woman with aloplecia) only has her wig off for the sympathy vote.

i really don't see a difference tbh... will.i.am (:love::love:), tyler, vince and ruth jones are the only reasons i'm watching tbh....
    • 47 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bellissima)
    i know! i've been thinking this the whole time! even when they did their turny around thing in their chairs it wasn't just about the voice because we heard all their sob stories and sometimes they said they didn't turn around because they thought the person would be old even though they had an amazing voice... and i remember danny going "oh no" a few times after he hadn't turned round and it turned out to be a really good looking girl or something... and i'm just going to go ahead and say it... toni (the woman with aloplecia) only has her wig off for the sympathy vote.

i really don't see a difference tbh... will.i.am (:love::love:), tyler, vince and ruth jones are the only reasons i'm watching tbh....
    Will.I.am is the most amazing person ever lol. and I fully agree, although the auditions were about the voice, the producers were there to scout for good looking people, and for personalities.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miracle Day)
    Will.I.am is the most amazing person ever lol. and I fully agree, although the auditions were about the voice, the producers were there to scout for good looking people, and for personalities.
    i think i'm a little bit in love with will.i.am.....

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: May 6, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki TV section

Quick link:

Unanswered TV threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.