The Student Room Group

First year grades for summer internship?

Which banks ask for your actual first year grades when applying for a summer internship? From what I've heard it varies but only a minority of banks ask for them and some just ask for your 'predicted' grade.
Reply 1
Original post by hotshot45
Which banks ask for your actual first year grades when applying for a summer internship? From what I've heard it varies but only a minority of banks ask for them and some just ask for your 'predicted' grade.

I applied to most of the banks and literally none want to know your first year grades at uni. They are only mainly interested in what grade you are predicted to graduate with.
Reply 2
Original post by student222
I applied to most of the banks and literally none want to know your first year grades at uni. They are only mainly interested in what grade you are predicted to graduate with.

There is some upside though, you can add the average grade you achieved and if you have an epic blend of academic excellence/ECs/WE then it's like an extra selling point I guess on you CV.
Reply 3
Original post by TomasK
There is some upside though, you can add the average grade you achieved and if you have an epic blend of academic excellence/ECs/WE then it's like an extra selling point I guess on you CV.

ye you're right. I didn't need to and managed to get a place, but I'm sure it does add strength to your application. With a ridiculous amount of competition it probably will help. But as was asked...they don't require you to put it in your application.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending