The Student Room Group

Just-Eat.co.uk

Has anyone used Just-Eat.co.uk before?

I would be interested to know what your experience was like - mine has been shocking.... signed up 3 hours ago....payment declined twice...contacted support...was told payment was taken twice by mistake but no order was placed....they said they would give me a voucher for one payment and refund the second....now they say no payment was taken at all....

Thanks a lot Just-Eat - 3 hours later and I'm still hungry...should be eating chow mein by now!

Scroll to see replies

I've used it twice.

First time - no problems. We placed the order. The take away called up to confirm it. The order was delivered and everything was yummy lol. :smile:

Second time - waste of time. The order was confirmed by JustEat but nothing turned up in the time selected. We rang the take away and they said they hadn't received any order. So, we had to place the order with them directly and go and collect it [which was a bit of a hassle, as we had all had quite a lot of alcohol - we ended up getting a taxi]. It took us around 3 hours to get something to eat lol. :redface:
Reply 2
Have ordered about 10 times in my life from them and had great service. I think you've just been unlucky and they don't seem to be very accommodating of you.
Reply 3
I use Just Eat all the time (only way to get takeaways at Uni lol ), and each time, I have always had great service. I think you're just in Unluckyville bro.
Reply 4
I've used it more than 15 times, great service, great choice of food outlets. I think if you're living near or on Uni campus then you're bound to get great service with the amount of students ordering food. Website itself is very easy to use and tells you clearly whether or not you're order has reached the restaurant (you'll have to wait for about 2mins after ordering max) and you'll get two emails.
Reply 5
Used it atleast 20 times lol

Never had any bad experiences paying or with the site or anything like that, bar one time where i refreshed whilst order was going through and ended up ordering twice because of it, but the place i ordered from rang me up and asked about it thus cancelled one of them.
Reply 6
I've used Just-Eat lots of times and I've never had any problems.Payments have always gone through fine for me and my food is always delivered at my preferred time.Really cannot complain about the service I've received to be honest.
Reply 7
I always click pay on delivery just in case they don't turn up :smile: Never had a problem though.
Reply 8
I've used it once and it was great, food came in about 20 minutes max
Reply 9
I've used it loads of times and rarely had problems.

You've probs been unlucky :frown:
Used it once. The take away wasn't that good but that's obviously nothing to do with Just Eat.
I've used it plenty of times had one bad experience when the order came around 50mins late.
Used it loads of times and never really had any problems at all.
Reply 13
Interesting!

Maybe I was just unlucky...but they don't seem to have great reviews on websites like Trust Pilot...

Perhaps I'll give it another go down the line at some point.

In their defence, the customer service rep was very polite and apologetic...albeit borderline useless due to not having necessary authority...
Reply 14
I've used it around 5 times. Never had any problems :smile:
Used it an absolute ton, no issues.
Reply 16
Making orders online near to closing time is a bit iffy so might be best to ring the takeaway directly.
Been fine when i've used it. There are some real dodgy places listed on there though so be careful who you order off.
I've never ordered from them, but I do like to use them to read reviews for takeaways (I'm obsessed with reviews)

I've just ordered a chinese from hungryhouse.co.uk though which is basically the same.

I think these kinds of places are great for ordering food where using your card would be difficult, and seeingg a full menu without actually pickin one up, but I'm slightly worried as to what'll happen if some of m food is out of stock or whatever; what will happen?!
I've never ordered from them, but I do like to use them to read reviews for takeaways (I'm obsessed with reviews)

I've just ordered a chinese from hungryhouse.co.uk though which is basically the same.

I think these kinds of places are great for ordering food where using your card would be difficult, and seeingg a full menu without actually pickin one up, but I'm slightly worried as to what'll happen if some of m food is out of stock or whatever; what will happen?!

Quick Reply

Latest