Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Uni romance struggle

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me or does university feel lonely sometimes? I don't know why because I have met the loveliest friends and enjoy every minute being here but everyone seems to be in a relationship! I only know one girl who's not in a relationship at the moment.

I admit I've had my share of drunken antics with guys but everyone knows its one thing and that's that, but I can't help but feel like everyone else is in a relationship bar me.

Anyone else feel like that?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Really? I find that really surprising! I mean, I get the idea a lot of couples break up before uni (due to distance) and if not before, after a few months when the couple realise it doesn't work (with the obvious exceptions). Maybe you're just friends with the a lot of people who like to be in relationships?

I'm not at uni yet, so come to think of it, I can't answer your question, but maybe people are forming relationships to stop themselves from becoming lonely, or they're in a new place and are meeting new people and have just been lucky early on?

Less relevantly I seem to inconveniently be single whenever all my friends aren't and be in a relationship when everyone is off being single. Means double dates have never really been something I've done. :/
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's surprised me too. Besides one guy in my house being engaged (which is too early, he's 20), I was the only one in a relationship and the distance was a pain, our personalities had changed so we broke up within a month or so of me getting to university. Now everyone is in a relationship I feel a bit left out!

It is probably loneliness I guess, I often wonder if the idea of having a man is nicer than actually having one! Haha. I mean

That always tends to happen. But double dates usually end in disaster, well at least in my experience. The first double date I went on, the guy tried hitting on me infront of his girlfriend, so awkward.

Also being in a relationship is kind of restricting on nights out, the girls have to seriously watch what they're doing Whereas I don't haha

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 7, 2012
New on TSR

A-level results day

Is it about making your parents proud?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.