Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Can't get into revision routine...

Announcements Posted on
What are your mock exam revision tips?! Share them with our year 10 & 11 students! 19-11-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Right,

My first year law exams are coming up within the next 2 weeks and I'm really struggling to revise. First semester was all coursework based and I had no problem doing this and ended up getting good grades. It has been a year since A-level exams and it's like I forget how to study for hours and cannot motivate myself to get into a revision routine...

Anyone else in the same problem? Any tips or advice?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Get a pen and make notes...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Booyah)
    Get a pen and make notes...
    Clever.

Can't into a routine though, plus I'm not sure whether it would be better to spend a whole day doing one module or revise bits of each module everyday.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cmca1)
    Clever.

Can't into a routine though, plus I'm not sure whether it would be better to spend a whole day doing one module or revise bits of each module everyday.
    I sit down and go over my entire chemistry biology and geology notes every 2 days and make notes of those notes... Repetition is key for me
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cmca1)
    Right,

My first year law exams are coming up within the next 2 weeks and I'm really struggling to revise. First semester was all coursework based and I had no problem doing this and ended up getting good grades. It has been a year since A-level exams and it's like I forget how to study for hours and cannot motivate myself to get into a revision routine...

Anyone else in the same problem? Any tips or advice?
    How to Effectively Study, Most people find studying a drag but if your going to do it you may as well do it right. Step 1 - Choose an enviroment to study where you will be free from distractions, Including phone calls, Television or other Interruptions. Step 2 - priorities your study materials so that the most important or hardest is finished first. Step 3 - Read your materials over once for basic comprehension, dont stress about remembering it all on the first read. Step 4 - Read the material again taking notes and summarizing the main ideas in your own words, Make new material stick by relating it to something you already know or care about (eg. Italian Food - Italian Art), context and emotion enhance our ability to remember. Step 5 - Use your senses to assist with learning, when possible dont just read but listen to lectures or podcasts and watch instructional videos, build a rich inderstanding of the material. Step 6 - Quiz yourself without the aid of any notes, write down your answers or speak them aloud, In other words rehearse for the test, take a nap or watch tv or have a break after a heavy study session to allow your brain time to rest, Studies have shown Napping after studying can help with recall. Step 7 - Test youself again and agian at different times of the day and week, this self-testing will reinforce your studies, so that when the real test arrives you'll be ready. Hope this Helped
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried making a timetable or something? If you write your schedule down, you're more likely to follow it than simply having it in your head.

I find that if you revise in different ways except 'taking notes' (ahem) is more productive. Be creative!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 8, 2012
New on TSR

A-level mocks revision

Chat about your study tips

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.