Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

IB history question

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've been revising for my IB history exam and i'm reading everywhere that we have to include historians and/or schools of thought. I'm legitimately freaking out because my teacher had never mentioned them before to us. How should I go about this? what kind of historians/schools of thought can i learn from now (until friday) to help me. Please please offer as much as you can i cannot tell you how scared i am right now
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maryam.a)
    I've been revising for my IB history exam and i'm reading everywhere that we have to include historians and/or schools of thought. I'm legitimately freaking out because my teacher had never mentioned them before to us. How should I go about this? what kind of historians/schools of thought can i learn from now (until friday) to help me. Please please offer as much as you can i cannot tell you how scared i am right now
    Seriously don't worry about it, it's not part of the marking criteria. As long as you argue logically with facts to back up your arguments you'll do well. You only have around 40 mins per essay if I remember right, so there's not realistically time to fit all that in.

I know it's scary as hell with History. I convinced myself I didn't know enough and crammed like crazy. In the end I didn't even get the essays I wanted - had to answer a question on Hitler which we hadn't studied. I still got a 7 though.

I'd just recommend reading random past questions then spending 5 minutes jotting down an outline of how you'd answer them. Remember it's important to relate back to the question at the end of each paragraph and dispute the terms of the question if you can. Pretend you're a barrister in court trying to shoot down an assumption made by the opposition.

Feel free to PM me if you'd like any advice.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    What's the topic?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Why do people even bother posting without saying the topic they're doing? How do they expect us to help?

Idiots.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, im in dire need of help. I have physics HL on thursday and friday, and friday i have the history HL paper 1 and 2. How can i study? i know its a stupid question, but any hints would be useful. my thoughts are since i got a 7 on mocks in history, i should focus more on the physics. whats ure ideas?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mazb94)
    Hey guys, im in dire need of help. I have physics HL on thursday and friday, and friday i have the history HL paper 1 and 2. How can i study? i know its a stupid question, but any hints would be useful. my thoughts are since i got a 7 on mocks in history, i should focus more on the physics. whats ure ideas?
    well... I do SL physics and HL history... So i can understand what you are going through. Kind of, but i know IB HL physics in much harder than SL.
    If i were you, i would focus on Physics paper 3 cuz that is probably the hardest one. History paper 1 and 2 are basically SL material. You dont need it in as much depth as in HL papers (luckily we have the weekend for that).
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    well, actually our teacher says that you kind of need it too... but dont worry not in that much detailed. I learnt a couple of general quotes that i can use for almost ANY essay.
    My topics are 21st century wars - causes... effects and authoritarian states... here are a couple of quotes that you can use

"wars may be started by a single incident but they are never caused by a single incident" (Frank MCDonough)

"THe outbreak of the First world war is ont of the most controversial and debated subjects in history. The Historic debate is intensely affected by the urge to know who is primarily responsible"

231- War Guilt Clause
    Article X - League of Nations

YOU CAN EVEN PARAPHRASE. like, for example, Fischer believes that Germany was the cause of the First and second world war but Ritter doesn't agree.

it takes around 10 mins to memorize. You will be fine.
    ooo!!! and statistics also count as historiography! ^_^

GOOD LUCK!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 8, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.