The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Contacting King's Law IMPORTANT

Hey homies!

Problem: I'm international, applied to King's for LAW in 2006, wrote my LNAT a couple weeks ago.

So the deadline for int'l students is extended to June so I wrote the LNAT about early-mid feb, and by that time, I HAD NOT filled in my UCAS appl. number in the PEARSON VUE PROFILE. Once I wrote it, I BOOKED it home and filled it in FAST, and assumed that the results would get sent off to UCAS. King's emailed me a few days later saying that they NEED me to write the LNAT ASAP in order to evaluate me. I called PEARSON VUE and apparently the results HAD BEEN SENT OFF. I've emailed king's and told them this, TWICE, and I've called but only voicemail, and I've left a message. I'm so worried! My chances go down as time goes by if they haven't got my LNAT? Advice?
Reply 1
I think this should be alright, make sure you give King's your LNAT ID and such, so that they can match your application with the results they have received but possibly filed elsewhere.

I'm an International myself too, and still waiting from King's also. I originally scheduled to write the LNAT before the EU deadline, but missed it due to the problem of verification. I eventually took that in late Jan, hope they did get my results (but not the "No Show" one), coz they haven't asked me to write that :tongue:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Thanks Eva,

Yeah one thing I haven't done is give my LNAT ID to King's, but I did tick off King's College in the box on the PearsonVue profile, and I did supply my UCAS #. I can't get through to King's at all though, via email nor phone. It's so irritating. SOAS and King's are taking forever.

BTW, well done on your offers.
Reply 3
They should have got your LNAT ID, but to play safe, try again to bug them LOL. But King's are strange sometimes, they replied to my enquiry about LNAT difficulty in one day's time, while it also took them ages to answer some simple questions. And are you contacting their general enquiries or the Law admissions officer (I guess it's Shilpi Bibi)? Coz I'm wondering which way to contact them is faster...

BTW, why don't you apply to a few more uni's? Say those that need LNAT, coz it's like more expensive to write the test for only one :tongue:

Anyway, all the best to your applications! And hope we hope could hear from King's, SOAS and LNAT soon (yeah, we're both waiting from all these) :smile:
Reply 4
Yeah, Shilpi Bibi is the person I've been in light contact with. He/she (lol i'm not sure) has replied to one email from me, took a few days, but since that e-mail I've inquired about my LNAT (to make sure they've received it ) and about extracurricular activities (when I was unsure of where to put them on the UCAS form). I haven't received replies to either.

The reason I haven't applied to more than one LNAT uni is because I had applied to King's, UCL, LSE, Oxford, SOAS two years ago when I graduated high school, and my only successful ones were SOAS and King's. So basically I'm just getting on my knees now and begging them to take me one more time haha, I wasn't financially equipped at the time to go, but now I should be okay. So in the meantime I've been doing a degree in Int'l Relations in my hometown. My heart is set on London and King's would be my firm if it's successful - I'm pretty sure applying to all others would be a waste of time if I didn't get in the first round. C'est la vie, hah.
Reply 5
I just think after completing the IR degree, your application looks very different, but well, if your heart is set on King's, everything's fine then! And I'm a bit worried about arranging finances for the time being also, it was to my surprise that so many uni's are accepting me, but afterall I may still be staying in my hometown, hopefully for an LLB still. So that in some time, I may come over to the UK for postgrad courses :wink:
Reply 6
BTW, I have no idea in whether Shilpi Bibi is a he or she either LOL
Reply 7
eva*
I just think after completing the IR degree, your application looks very different, but well, if your heart is set on King's, everything's fine then! And I'm a bit worried about arranging finances for the time being also, it was to my surprise that so many uni's are accepting me, but afterall I may still be staying in my hometown, hopefully for an LLB still. So that in some time, I may come over to the UK for postgrad courses :wink:

What do you mean by different? Yeah, financing is harsh! London's so expensive coming from virtually anywhere! I'm sure you'll have no problem getting post-grad either.
Reply 8
I just thought your application will look stronger. By this time, I guess you would have an edge over we highschool people, because you're already graduating and academically proven. (UBC is real nice, eh?)

Well, as for financing, even I'm not opting for London (my heart is with Durham LOL), there'll be at least a 12000 pounds extra to spend per year in studying abroad when compared to staying home. wheww....
Reply 9
shilpi bibi is a she, i spoke to her on the phone

Latest