Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Liebowitz Social Anxiety Scale

Announcements Posted on

I took this and scored 100. I have been diagnosed with social anxiety. I was wondering how this fared with other people who may or may not have social anxiety?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I just took it and apparently scored 135. Although it is subjective. Last time I did it I scored 129 apparently, but that would make sense because I'm finding it more difficult than usual at the moment. I have social anxiety, so yes.

100 certainly sounds like a high score, although obviously there are difficulties with questionnaires and self-reports etc. Has the person who diagnosed you offered you any help for your social anxiety?
    • 62 followers

ReputationRep:
    I scored 30.
    • 26 followers

ReputationRep:
    I got 119 and have been diagnosed with both avoidant personality disorder as well as social anxiety in the past.

Just reading some of those situations made me feel anxious. :afraid:
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:

• 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I got 57 and I have never considered I might have social phobia, although I do have an acute fear of being the centre of attention in a formal setting eg. giving a presentation. And some things like writing in front of people and phone calls make me nervous. But I've never had problems making or keeping friends and can enjoy things like parties so I've never considered my nervousness a social problem as such.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I got 97. The questions about strangers didn't bother me. I'm good at chatting to people I know I'll never see again, because if they judge me it won't affect me. An acquittance on the other hand.. they know enough about me to judge me and use it against me. :afraid: I always think they're thinking bad things about me.

Entering a room when everyone is sat down.. for some reason that terrifies me.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    56 (fear) + 52 (avoidance) = 108
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    86. I probably do have social anxiety, but it doesn't affect my life at all, not anymore anyway.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was diagnosed years ago with social anxiety and haven't changed since then and I only scored in the 20s of this scale... Though I've never been convinced that I do have social anxiety.

I have terrible panic attacks if I've to go anywhere on public transport without my parents. Though I'm utterly fine if I drive somewhere. But I think this is partly/mostly to do with my motion sickness.
    If I have some sort of social event which involves me going to someone else's house or a place I haven't really been to before/never been to before then I lose my appetite and feel physically ill for around a week leading up to the event. As of late my feelings of illness have tended to continue throughout the event ie. at recent parties.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Wow, I only got 12? And I'm not even that much on an extrovert (not really an introvert either). I wonder how much introversion correlates with social anxiety.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    120 :/

I've been diagnosed with general anxiety disorder, but I've had SA for a very long time now.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 20, 2012
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Spooky tales from this year's fright night

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.