The Student Room Group

Sociology OCR A2 -'Crime + Deviance' and 'Social inequality + difference' (G673+G674)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by imasupercoolgeek
i havent even checked research methods at all to be honest :frown: it's just mental knowledge aha

Well my teacher predicts it will be quantitative methods and possibly content analysis !!
Original post by SD12
Well my teacher predicts it will be quantitative methods and possibly content analysis !!

does he get them right lol? and content analysis for 20 or 15?
Reply 82
wat are the possible methods in quantitave methods? questionnaires and structured interviews and wat else?

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Reply 83
Original post by xoxSami
Hi all, just wanted to thank whoever started this post! I really needed it :smile:

Also i was wondering, has any1 actually discussed in class what might possibly come up for the G674 exam on Tuesday? I'm SO under confident after my exam on Friday :-(

xoxo

Hi my teacher said possibly changing class structure?
Reply 84
I'm worried about how I'm going to answer the 1st and 2nd questions D:
Reply 85
thanks so much that looks so useful!

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Reply 86
Somebody define content analysis for me please.
Reply 87
Original post by aptkoolaid

Content anaylsis:
Statistical exercise that involves categorises some aspect or quality of people's behaviour and counting the number of times the behaviour occurs
:smile:
Reply 88
Original post by aptkoolaid

Content anaylsis:
Statistical exercise that involves categorises some aspect or quality of people's behaviour and counting the number of times the behaviour occurs
Reply 89
Original post by BRajoo
Content anaylsis:

Thank you!
Reply 90
Original post by imasupercoolgeek
does he get them right lol? and content analysis for 20 or 15?

Haha yeah she is pretty good at predicting what will come up, she said she think it be age and/or gender, and quantitative methods being either content analysis or statistical data- official stats! But I'd look over other quantitative methods too.. And possible read over qualitative if I have time ! I have to learn all of age today and methods :frown: stressinnggg!!!
Original post by SD12
Haha yeah she is pretty good at predicting what will come up, she said she think it be age and/or gender, and quantitative methods being either content analysis or statistical data- official stats! But I'd look over other quantitative methods too.. And possible read over qualitative if I have time ! I have to learn all of age today and methods :frown: stressinnggg!!!

Ahh quantitative methods?! Damn. I haven't even touched that bit yet.. :mad: And dont worry age is only a small section, not much to learn compared with other dimensions!
And yeah samee i'm stressingg soo much !!!
Reply 92
Original post by CraziiFreak
Ahh quantitative methods?! Damn. I haven't even touched that bit yet.. :mad: And dont worry age is only a small section, not much to learn compared with other dimensions!
And yeah samee i'm stressingg soo much !!!

I'm hoping that gender will come up .. Along as gender comes up i think il be ok ! And don't worry I haven't looked at methods yet, nor age ! Got a looong day ahead of me !!
Original post by SD12
I'm hoping that gender will come up .. Along as gender comes up i think il be ok ! And don't worry I haven't looked at methods yet, nor age ! Got a looong day ahead of me !!

I'm revising gender right now. :smile: but i just cant stand feminist views.. they are so .. irritating !
And indeed, a long day ahead. i just hope i use it wisely. I was gonna go school.. but then i'm thinking 'teachers aren't any help what so ever!' so i guess it's just me, music and sociology for today.
Reply 94
are people pretty confident that quantitative methods is going to come up. i left research methods till the end so i have to do condensed cramming. what are the methods that i should look at? :s
Reply 95
Hey, I was wondering if anyone had key names for each section?

So for gender a couple of key sociologists? and the same for class, ethnicity and age?

Thanks
Original post by CraziiFreak
I'm revising gender right now. :smile: but i just cant stand feminist views.. they are so .. irritating !
And indeed, a long day ahead. i just hope i use it wisely. I was gonna go school.. but then i'm thinking 'teachers aren't any help what so ever!' so i guess it's just me, music and sociology for today.

I KNOW! There are so many different feminists! If there was age and gender, I will pick age because it's so much shorter!

Right, I've done gender and age (40 marks), I need to look at disadvantages (age and gender, 20 marks) and research methods!!

Me, music, energy drinks and sociology books aha!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I really hope gender and/ age comes up now, I've barely touched ethnicity, class and changes in the class structure! So nervous! :frown:
Reply 98
Guys do you think they will set tricky questions like the evidence of men or young disadvantages??I am absolutely stuck on how to structure these...:s-smilie:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 99
So from what I can tell we're all expecting Quantitative methods, Age and maybe Gender? :redface: Oh man, I'm bricking it. I have a Geography exam in the morning as well :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending