The Student Room Group

Swapping dirty underwear for cash. What is your opinion?

http://www.studentbeans.com/student-money/a/how-to-swap-your-unwashed-student-undies-for-cash2553.html

Before I bumped into this article I had heard that people used to do this years ago by posting ads in papers and always found it hilarious and totally gross.

My personal opinion on the subject of the article is that I'd be comfortable doing this with socks but maybe not so comfortable doing it with dirty knickers... I certainly don't think it's immoral. After all... where there is a demand there will be a supplier and it's not like it's hurting anyone or putting you at risk in the same way as prostitution because you wouldn't ever meet that person...

Hmmm...

What do you guys think?

Have any of you done this before? If so, what was your experience/what are your experiences and how much did/do you charge?

If you havn't done it before, Would you do it? If so, how much do you think you would charge?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I've heard of it being done by girls who basically want free, new underwear every day. Some nutter pays them £x and sends them the clothes, they wear it once, seal it in a jiffy bag and post it off. They don't ever have to wash knickers/tights/stockings again.

When I worked at an online hosiery place, there were a few regular orders made by one person for despatch to someone completely different. Some places now do secret gifts on forums attached to online shops.
.. who on earth would buy those?

Someone with a dirt fetish?
Reply 3
Original post by Clip
I've heard of it being done by girls who basically want free, new underwear every day. Some nutter pays them £x and sends them the clothes, they wear it once, seal it in a jiffy bag and post it off. They don't ever have to wash knickers/tights/stockings again.

When I worked at an online hosiery place, there were a few regular orders made by one person for despatch to someone completely different. Some places now do secret gifts on forums attached to online shops.

But would you do it?
No thanks, I'll pass.
Reply 5
reminds of a vending machine in tokyo selling used girls panties ... very strange but hey moneys money right?
mmmmmm scratch and sniff ..... yes please!!!
Reply 7
nashty

Original post by hannahchan

the pheromones help the man
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by hannahchan

You never heard of the term 'knicker sniffer'?

I've also seen an ad asking for women's used tampons :/
Reply 9
Original post by Clip
Some nutter

In no way does having a fetish make someone a nutter.
eww thats gross... some strange people out there. but it sounds like easy money, so why not... it's not like the person wearing them is the gross one. i would however set up an anonymous PO box where they would send the clean stuff because they sound creepy and i wouldn't want them knowing my personal info... they might stalk me or get obsessed or something...
I wouldn't buy knickers dirty, but I do think receiving some from a girlfriend is quite sexy. Maybe if she put them in my pocket or something as I'm leaving. Sexy.

It's not that bad.

It's the fact you don't know this person that I find strange.
Reply 12
Original post by Pheylan
In no way does having a fetish make someone a nutter.

Actually, I disagree.

It all depends upon degree.

Some people have extreme fetishes - and I consider them to be nutters.

Some people have fetishes of lesser degrees - and what they do is of no interest to me.

Having a leg or nylon interest - that's kind of mainstream. Getting one's wife or girlfriend to dress up in a particular way...that's up to them. Wearing unusual clothes yourself - do what you like.

However, from my own point of view - employing a stranger to give you their soiled underwear does make you a nutter. I'm not saying it's harmful. I'm not saying it's dangerous. But I have the right to call them nutters.
Original post by Bellissima
eww thats gross... some strange people out there. but it sounds like easy money, so why not... it's not like the person wearing them is the gross one. i would however set up an anonymous PO box where they would send the clean stuff because they sound creepy and i wouldn't want them knowing my personal info... they might stalk me or get obsessed or something...

Yeah if I was going to do it I don't know if I'd accept the clean underwear from them.. I'd probably just go out and buy a variety of cheap underwear myself, take pictures (obviously faceless) and list them as separate items and then see what kind is most popular I guess. I think the tampon selling thing is way OTT though.. apart from the ick factor I think it seems a bit dodgy to be posting blood samples to random strangers when considering the evidential value of blood if found at a crime scene for instance...
This is probably one of the few threads on TSR, ever, to outrage, disgust and make curious at the same time. I'm so confused.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Clip
However, from my own point of view - employing a stranger to give you their soiled underwear does make you a nutter. I'm not saying it's harmful. I'm not saying it's dangerous. But I have the right to call them nutters.

When you word it like that... :biggrin:

It's not really normal though is it? You don't even know what they look like. You could be inhaling the pungent genital odour of someone you would find repulsive if you saw them in real life.
Reply 16
Original post by Clip

An interesting concept.

If your problem is not money but that you can't be bothered to do laundry, then M & S Shwopping is what you need - they take your undies and you just buy new ones. Every day presumably.

http://social.marksandspencer.com/shwopping/
Reply 17
Sure. It wouldn't do me any harm.

Although, I've replied similarly in threads not unlike this before and been prepositioned on PM :colondollar:
Reply 18
What if it's really a man pretending to be a woman, wearing the dirty underwear then sending it off? Or what if it's just someone you'd find incredibly unattractive and sweaty who doesn't wash themselves at all or properly? What if it's someone who doesn't clean their arse properly after going to the loo :confused: Is THAT what makes it so exciting?
Original post by mel0n
What if it's really a man pretending to be a woman, wearing the dirty underwear then sending it off? Or what if it's just someone you'd find incredibly unattractive and sweaty who doesn't wash themselves at all or properly? What if it's someone who doesn't clean their arse properly after going to the loo :confused: Is THAT what makes it so exciting?

It must be the element of surprise... not knowing what you'll actually get when you open your tightly sealed package hahahahaha.