The Student Room Group

Best laptop for architecture student?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I will enter BA Architecture next year and I would like to know what are the specs that would make my laptop/mac perform its best. I have tried to reach a conclusion but the egos are too big and you guys can't seem to go to the point. most of us just want to know what is the best specs,so that it won't make us feel like **** when it freezes in the middle of the project when you just spend a buck load of money on it. Can you guys just go straight to the point? thank you :smile: Cheers.
Original post by djca
I will enter BA Architecture next year and I would like to know what are the specs that would make my laptop/mac perform its best. I have tried to reach a conclusion but the egos are too big and you guys can't seem to go to the point. most of us just want to know what is the best specs,so that it won't make us feel like **** when it freezes in the middle of the project when you just spend a buck load of money on it. Can you guys just go straight to the point? thank you :smile: Cheers.

It's got nothing to do with 'ego' from anyone - let's summarise why this is a stupid question... The specs that allow your pc/mac to perform it's BEST are THE HIGHEST ONES AVAILABLE, there's no upper limit when it comes to common drain tasks like rendering or photoshopping a 2Gig file.

Cash is most people's limiting factor. So in that case, former students may tend to advise PCs over Mac as the programs are easier to pirate and the power-to-cost ratio is better (since graduating I'm also saving up for a sexy macbook). We also may advise paying the most attention to the graphics memory, at least a gig of non-integrated. An i7 would be nice too.

So since you're clueless at coming to conclusions you're best off going on Amazon's most popular laptop list and buying the highest spec one there you can live with yourself as affording for 4 years of use.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending