The Student Room Group
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website

BEd Primary Education at University of Derby

Scroll to see replies

Original post by beccamxx
Probably not :frown: I would have i gone if i had already moved down there (we originally was going to move in on the 1st but were told we couldn't!). But because i wont already be in derby, i wont be able to get there, as its on a week day so my parents are at work :/

Are you going then? :smile:

Oh right, shame. Yes, i'm probably going to be going because I am able to get there. I'll be getting the bus there, like i will be everyday. I was considering driving, but found out in the long term a bus will work out ALOT cheaper! :smile:
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by Mikey-b182
Oh right, shame. Yes, i'm probably going to be going because I am able to get there. I'll be getting the bus there, like i will be everyday. I was considering driving, but found out in the long term a bus will work out ALOT cheaper! :smile:

Wow, that's surprising! I know a few people who are also going to be using public transport to get to uni (although not derby) and it works out more expensive- they just cant drive yet!
I had a look what it would cost me (baring in mind i only live about 45 mins - an hour away) in case i couldn't find a house, and it would cost £20 a day! Which i thought was expensive since my rent for the week is only £54!
Wow, that's surprising! I know a few people who are also going to be using public transport to get to uni (although not derby) and it works out more expensive- they just cant drive yet!
I had a look what it would cost me (baring in mind i only live about 45 mins - an hour away) in case i couldn't find a house, and it would cost £20 a day! Which i thought was expensive since my rent for the week is only £54!

Haha! Wow! That's ridiculous! For me it only works out at £2 a day there and back. Not bad i suppose. :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 23
Original post by Mikey-b182
Haha! Wow! That's ridiculous! For me it only works out at £2 a day there and back. Not bad i suppose. :smile:

£2.00 a day? do you not have to get two buses with you living in Burton? one to derby city centre and then one to the uni? I am just interested in this costing as i would assume it would have worked out more expensive?
Original post by lowe28
£2.00 a day? do you not have to get two buses with you living in Burton? one to derby city centre and then one to the uni? I am just interested in this costing as i would assume it would have worked out more expensive?

Yeah, there are 2 buses but the second, which is a shuttle bus to the uni is free :smile:
Reply 25
Think it's only free if you get the park and ride, I have to pay about £1.60 from Uni to town? Don't know about any free bus? :confused:
Reply 26
Helllooooo :smile:)
I'm applying for Primary Education in 2013 and University of Derby is one of my choices.. Just wondering if anyone on here studied the CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Childcare and Education (or equivilent) and managed to get a place? How is the University as a whole? Does anyone commute from the nearby areas (I live in the East Midlands). Thankkkkks :smile:)
Reply 27
The day starts off with an English, Maths and Science test, which basically tests your knowledge in the subjects.

Heyhey how goes your course?:smile: Do you mind if I ask what the tests entail, especially Maths - did it have algebra and graphs? If so, I need some srious revision :P did Science include all three of the main subjects, and did it include Environmental?
I got a conditional offer and will be studying here in September too! I didn't have an interview for it or anything! Will anybody be going to the open day on the 2nd Feb??
Original post by Amezz
Heyyy, I'm starting the BEd in September too!!! Nice to meet you! :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

hello i am planning on outting derby as my insurnce choice for Primary ed QTS.

How is the uni really with the course?
would u recommend it?
do they really care about you/ help you?
nd what are the timing for the day! how many times a week ??

Thankyou so much for ur help in advance :smile:
:biggrin:

Rosh

Quick Reply

Latest