Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

AQA A2 Accounting - Help!!

Announcements Posted on
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I am trying to get geared up for next month's A2 AQA Accounting exam, and am wondering:

a) is anybody else on TSR taking it?

b) What are they finding easy/hard?

and, most importantly,

c) CAN ANYBODY DO A CASH FLOW STATEMENT PROPERLY!!

Please HELP!! I just cannot get my poor little-big-head around those darn Cash Flow Statements!! Any tips or shortcuts? :confused:

Thanks and Good Luck in advance to you all (on both revision and any exams you invariably have!!)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simonbellringer)
    I am trying to get geared up for next month's A2 AQA Accounting exam, and am wondering:

a) is anybody else on TSR taking it?

b) What are they finding easy/hard?

and, most importantly,

c) CAN ANYBODY DO A CASH FLOW STATEMENT PROPERLY!!

Please HELP!! I just cannot get my poor little-big-head around those darn Cash Flow Statements!! Any tips or shortcuts? :confused:

Thanks and Good Luck in advance to you all (on both revision and any exams you invariably have!!)
    Hey I am doing AQA next month ACCN3 which includes the cash flow statement questions. It took a while to learn the template but once you have learnt that it is just simply putting in the number! You should be fine
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sanjj)
    Hey I am doing AQA next month ACCN3 which includes the cash flow statement questions. It took a while to learn the template but once you have learnt that it is just simply putting in the number! You should be fine
    "Should be fine..." FAmous last words!! Having said that, I have got 70%, 70% and 70% in ACCN 1, 2 and 4; (got a D for ACCN1 originally and retook in January, thought I'd seriously screwed it but still got a B!! But somehow contrived to get a B first time for the two harder units!! Illogical; why am I doing accounting with logic like mine?!?!) :confused:

Am now doing anything I can to get that magic 70% again!! I have something of a reputation...

Yes, ACCN3 is the exam next month!! Love Incomplete Records and Partnerships, seriously hate Cash Flows and Statements of Movements of Non-Current Assets (or whatever the darned things are called!!)

Any help with shortcuts/tips for helping learn the template of the dreaded CFS's appreciated!! :ahee:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    OMG.....i'm on the same page as u, seriously badly wanna do well in these papers
    Cash-Flow statements, can be sometimes really really gay

The other annoying thing is that there arent that many past papers in Accounting. So even worse
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajurin224)
    OMG.....i'm on the same page as u, seriously badly wanna do well in these papers
    Cash-Flow statements, can be sometimes really really gay

The other annoying thing is that there arent that many past papers in Accounting. So even worse
    Glad to see I am not alone!!! Yes, I think "gay" is about the best word you could use here!!

You know wha? Screw reviosion, lets just improvise!!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 24, 2012
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Spooky tales from this year's fright night

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.