Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How ethnically diverse is rhul, how many black and mix race people are there?

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
Interview Discussion 30-01-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    How ethnically diverse is rhul, how many black and mix race people are there?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Does it matter?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheHansa)
    Does it matter?
    For a lot of my black friends it does. My friend lived in Cornwall for a few months and everyday/every other day somebody would ask to touch her hair or point at her. I do see where she is coming from when she asks.

But OP there are. It's London right?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheHansa)
    Does it matter?
    i am not racist, i am balck my self, and i am not even that kind of person who like to stay only with black people as many people do in my town, i like mixing with everyone, it was just a curiosity.....cos when i visited the uni i saw only one black guy there.....also hope people are not racist or something like that
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Liberty)
    For a lot of my black friends it does. My friend lived in Cornwall for a few months and everyday/every other day somebody would ask to touch her hair or point at her. I do see where she is coming from when she asks.

u've got the point before i moved to uk i used to live in Austria and it seemed to live in a zoo...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's London right?
    lolno
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oriental 40%
    White 40%
    Rest 20%

IMO
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    There are lots of internationals, particularly those of Asian descent, but there aren't that many black people, no. I think there were two black guys living in my block last year (so out of about 100-odd?) and no black girls. However, my black friends haven't encountered any racism (as far as I know) and they haven't had any problems making friends and feeling settled.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    not many, I havnt seen any black ppl in rhul, mostly there are white, 95%.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:

That happens to me. OP RHUL is in London (not sure how central it is) so there should be a handful, in most universities you will find yourself in a minority anyway.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chronic_fatigue)
    OP RHUL is in London
    still lolno
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deiidara)
    not many, I havnt seen any black ppl in rhul, mostly there are white, 95%.
    No way is it as high as 95% white.
    Yes majority white then chinese/japanese/korean etc asian then indian etc asian then some black students.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    As others have said, the majority are white (which is true at most universities), but that said RHUL is very ethnically diverse — there are a lot of Asian (mostly Chinese) and British Asian (mostly from London) people here. There aren't a huge number of black people, but it's not like you're going to get stared at. There's the Afro-Carribean Society if you want to meet other black people and network.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toastehmonstah)
    still lolno
    PRSM, haha.

I love it when people claim that Royal Holloway's in London...Makes me laugh and both die a little bit inside at the same time.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: May 10, 2012
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.