Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it wrong for Christians to get a tatoo? what are your opinions?

Announcements Posted on
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Transcendence)
    If you want to look like an idiot, yes, a tattoo is a brilliant idea.

I'm sure most christians are not idiots, so I think it would be wrong in most of their opinions.
    how sure?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think it's fine! Let's say you got a cross tattooed on your wrist or something. If you ever think you're doing something against your religion I guess you'd look at your cross and maybe think twice.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkyQT)
    True Christians take the bible word for word. You can't just pick and chose.
    Yeah, but if you wear jeans and cotton t-shirt, you are picking and choosing, because in the bible is says you can't wear two different types of cloth....
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SnoochToTheBooch)
    how sure?
    ~1%
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamito)
    I think it's fine! Let's say you got a cross tattooed on your wrist or something. If you ever think you're doing something against your religion I guess you'd look at your cross and maybe think twice.
    Or you'd look at it and wonder why you were so stupid as to have had it done. "Was I drunk? What was I thinking? It won't come off."
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    lol
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soph(:)
    Seriously, who takes the Bible word for word
    Yeah I'm just saying that the Bible says not to. So therefore I guess it is wrong for Christians to get one based on that surely? I'm not saying whether I agree with it or not, just looking at it from that viewpoint.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    If you want to look like an idiot, yes, a tattoo is a brilliant idea.

I'm sure most christians are not idiots, so I think it would be wrong in most of their opinions.
    Why should people consider your opinion when considering a tattoo?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh that's ridiculous live a little! If you take everything literally what kind of a life is that (i'm not specifically on about tattos)
    A life i would like to live :/
    Your entitled to your own opinions, taste and choice of lifestyle.
    And so am i
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agenda Suicide)
    Yeah. 11th commandment states:
    "Thou shall not get a tat on any place on thine body."
    But does Apostles 15 not also say 'and yea, Elijah went to Canaan and got himself some sweet ink of like, a dragon or something, and the Lord was verily pleased.'
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    On a serious note, Coptic (Egyptian) Christians all get a small cross tattooed on their wrists as part of their confirmations. So I think they're cool.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retrodiction)
    Why should people consider your opinion when considering a tattoo?
    Why should they consider their own opinion? Mine is just as valid.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yes you can! I would consider myself Christian yet I haven't stepped into a church in ages as long as you have morals and are a good person it's fine. I can also say that I know nobody that takes the bible word for word!
    Is there much point in being associated with the Christian faith then?
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    well your opinion is just as valid as someone elses but when someone is considering doing something themselves their opinion is going to be more important to them than yours...
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boba)
    well your opinion is just as valid as someone elses but when someone is considering doing something themselves their opinion is going to be more important to them than yours...
    People who self-harm are usually considered mentally ill.
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ACollins)
    Yes it is wrong. Leviticus 19:28 - 'Do not cut your bodies for the dead, and do not mark your skin with tattoos. I am the Lord.'
    The Bible actually says tattoo?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Valid in the sense that it exists, but an individual's decision-making process isn't going to factor in the opinion of somebody who has no relevance to their lives.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retrodiction)
    Valid in the sense that it exists, but an individual's decision-making process isn't going to factor in the opinion of somebody who has no relevance to their lives.
    See above post.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    People who self-harm are usually considered mentally ill.
    usually, but thats more to do with the reasons they are doing it and the mental state the person is then relieved to be in once it is found out not the fact that they are physically harmed. for example lots of people self harm because they find it to be some sort of "release" the fact that they need to go to the extreemes of hurting themselfs to do that suggests there is something seriously wrong to make them feel that bad that they can't deal with the feelings without a physical outlet. Or they might enjoy the pain which again suggests something wrong. Whereas a tattoo is for the ascetic outcome and any harm is an unfortunate nessesity to get there is not the actual point.

Most women have their ears pierced and thats technically self harm if you class tattooing to be would you consider them to be mentally ill.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    I like how previous kings got tattoos despite them being the head of the church lol.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 9, 2012
New on TSR

Exclusive Nick Clegg interview

Your questions answered by the deputy prime minister

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.