The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2080
Original post by Oromis263
Playing around with some coding, and reading Alex's Adventures in Numberland in my breaks. :biggrin: Yourself, good sir?

Original post by Lakhvir.Singh
Playing Street Fighter 4! :P

How about you?

Reading the text highlights of the women's tennis. I can't wait for tomorrow's games! :gah:
Original post by knight9434
BCC, yeah I saw that on quite a few it's annoying but my unis are the same grades so if I don't get into one I wouldn't have got into the other!! :frown:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Oh :frown: are you feeling confident you've got the grades you need?
Original post by Groat
What's everyone up to this fine evening?

I got to the middle of Thieves Den in Spyro ETD and now I'm watching South Park.

:smile:
Original post by bethany18
Also, a lot of people on there seem to have been getting their results online, can anyone do this? Who's getting theirs online this year?

I'm getting my results online. I got this piece of paper from the exam officer at school that has the details I need to be able to sign in.
Originally Posted by bethany18<br />
Also, a lot of people on there seem to have been getting their results online, can anyone do this? Who's getting theirs online this year?
<br />
<br />
I'm getting my results online. I got this piece of paper from the exam officer at school that has the details I need to be able to sign in.

I'd smash the screen in anticipation... Not good :tongue:
I'm finding that having a job is a great distraction from panicking.

I'm working every day for the next 2 weeks and then I'm going to Latin summer school!! *YAY*

By the time I get back it's going to be the 4th August. I bet time will move soooo slowly after that point aha!

:sexface::sexface:
Reply 2086
Original post by sosotalk

I'm working every day for the next 2 weeks and then I'm going to Latin summer school!! *YAY*

By the time I get back it's going to be the 4th August. I bet time will move soooo slowly after that point aha!

I need a job.

Applied for a call centre, got an interview but I'm on holiday on the s*dding date :tongue:
Original post by wibletg
I need a job.

Applied for a call centre, got an interview but I'm on holiday on the s*dding date :tongue:

That's typical.

That happened with where I work now. They phoned my mum and told her that I had an interview and my mum said 'She's on holiday so she can't do it' and never told me :'(

Luckily I was asked back at the next round of interviews :biggrin:
Reply 2088
That's typical.

That happened with where I work now. They phoned my mum and told her that I had an interview and my mum said 'She's on holiday so she can't do it' and never told me :'(

Luckily I was asked back at the next round of interviews :biggrin:

I've emailed them asking for an alternative date, but we'll see :tongue:

I would have had a job as a admin for some game or another but they wanted someone more long term :rolleyes:
Original post by wibletg
I've emailed them asking for an alternative date, but we'll see :tongue:

I would have had a job as a admin for some game or another but they wanted someone more long term :rolleyes:

Good luck with getting an alternative date ^_^
Reply 2090

Jealous! Where do you work?

Part of me wants to work everyday, part of me doesn't. Unfortunately there isn't enough overtime to go around. :sad:
Original post by Groat
Jealous! Where do you work?

Part of me wants to work everyday, part of me doesn't. Unfortunately there isn't enough overtime to go around. :sad:

I work in Wales Millennium Centre. It's a 0 hour contract so some weeks it can be full time whereas others can just be a shift or two.

I'm also doing some admin work for Cardiff university on the side starting in two weeks. YAY :smile:

I think I'll be exhausted by the end of next week but at least it'll keep my mind off of the 16th!
Original post by Charlesworth

Ahh, you can do that? I need to do this, it would save so much hassle and awkwardness. I'm in the same situation as you: A*AA offer (but for Ox, the better version of Cambridge :wink: ) but I'm pretty sure I'm going to fail the offer so I don't really want to be there at results as everyone's expecting me to get the grades :s-smilie:
Just read through some of last years results day thread. Damm now im worried. Can't help but get sucked into it all, so much highs and lows. That'll be us in a month,whatever happens i genuinely hope we are all happy in September and studying what we want,where we want.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Reply 2094
I've become obsessed with reading last year's thread...

Am I the only one who still hasn't had their formal/prom yet? Seems everyone's already got theirs over and done with.

Anyway, should be good tomorrow. I get to see friends I haven't seen in a while and I will attempt to get high off helium again like last year...
Reply 2096
I work in Wales Millennium Centre. It's a 0 hour contract so some weeks it can be full time whereas others can just be a shift or two.

I'm also doing some admin work for Cardiff university on the side starting in two weeks. YAY :smile:

I think I'll be exhausted by the end of next week but at least it'll keep my mind off of the 16th!

Is the Millenium Centre the one with "Creu gwir fel gwydr o ffwrnais Awen"/"In these stones horizons sing" written on it?
Reply 2097
Original post by mahjongmagic
Am I the only one who still hasn't had their formal/prom yet? Seems everyone's already got theirs over and done with.

Anyway, should be good tomorrow. I get to see friends I haven't seen in a while and I will attempt to get high off helium again like last year...

Ours is tomorrow too.

What a pain in the a**e it was organising it :tongue:

We had to deal with T in the Park, 2 africa trips and a Uni summer school (PARTNERS).
Original post by codle
I've become obsessed with reading last year's thread...

Link please :biggrin:

:jiggy: :sexface:
can't decide if on results day i should: wake up at 6 to get my edexcel results (for 1 subject only lol), ring the college to see if ive got in, or go in to school and risk crying in front of everybody. (would check track but I hear cambridge are rubbish with that?)

Latest