The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3100
Original post by NeverEatFish
:teeth: where is this?!

I'm possibly a bit it love with torchwood :mmm:

Cardiff Bay :smile:
Original post by madders94
I'm going to check Track first; I have this horrible fear that if I went and got the results I need, I'd be like "Yay I got in!" and then get home and find out I got rejected anyway :tongue: plus I want to go with my mom to get my results but I want my boyfriend (it feels weird saying "fiance" :tongue:) to be involved too, so I'll check track with him in the early morning and then go to get results with my mom :lol:

I Say "Partner"...we're not engaged but hes 10 years older than me and saying "boyfriend" feels weird :P

Aaaaah can't believe you're engaged, i've read your other posts on here so i know its not happening for a while but have you already started looking at your ideal type of dress and stuff?

I love my partner to death but i'd kick him in the face if he proposed lol!

I'm checking track first too just so i know what to expect, i have a horrible feeling i've been lumped with the morning shift at work so that'll either be a good distraction or a terrifying few hours of complete uncertainty about my future :P

edit: HOLY MOTHER OF GOD - my results day ticker has started ticking in days instead of months..that is scary :frown:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3102
Hi, could you add me please? I've an offer for NatSci - Firm, Trinity Hall Cambridge A*AAE, Insurance, Nottingham AAA or AABB. I've got an A* in maths, but I'm waiting for Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and (doesn't really count) General Studies. I've been lurking for a little while! Waiting for results day is dreadful. I've started learning Italian just to give me something to do!
Original post by NellyNoodles
It's up on this thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2059016&page=2&p=38589950#post38589950

Though, I am seriously none the wiser on how I've done. Damn them for being so subjective!!

That mark scheme is seriously the most frustrating thing ever.
It tells me NOTHINGGGGG. :mad:
But thankyou! :biggrin:
If 80/100 UMS was an A grade. What would you need out of 75 to get an A?
Original post by eemooz
Wait what? What exam boards do you do? :s-smilie:

Well I do edexcel economics Mathis and chem, and the mark scheme for economics and chem have been posted in the threads for the exams, and for Maths arsey already gives detailed solutions.. I think for a lot of edexcel exams mark schemes can now be found? Hope that info was helpful
Original post by SamCuPPles

I'm thinking around 60.
Original post by SamCuPPles

That's not really how it works. 80% UMS is always an A grade by definition, but the raw mark required to get that (out of 75 or 60 or whatever) will change a lot depending on the exam, year etc.
Reply 3108
Original post by Care-Free
I Say "Partner"...we're not engaged but hes 10 years older than me and saying "boyfriend" feels weird :P

Aaaaah can't believe you're engaged, i've read your other posts on here so i know its not happening for a while but have you already started looking at your ideal type of dress and stuff?

I love my partner to death but i'd kick him in the face if he proposed lol!

I'm checking track first too just so i know what to expect, i have a horrible feeling i've been lumped with the morning shift at work so that'll either be a good distraction or a terrifying few hours of complete uncertainty about my future :P

edit: HOLY MOTHER OF GOD - my results day ticker has started ticking in days instead of months..that is scary :frown:

I'm trying to force myself not to look at anything wedding-y because I know that by next week I'll have a folder on my computer full of pictures and links and things, and then I won't want to wait until after uni :tongue:

I've already told them I'm taking the day off from rehearsals for the musical I'm doing; if I do badly I've got a day to contact unis and cry, if I do well I'm going to a farm :biggrin:
Reply 3109
I am going to add people to the list, I'm just tired and stubborn and trying to get out of holiday mode (although most tourists who come here seem to believe we live on holiday judging by how slow they drive to admire the view whilst we have to get to appointments :mad: ). I want to go to the pub but I don't think it'll look too great if, five days into being 18, I go to the pub and start drinking at 9am :tongue:
Wow congratulations to the person who is engaged, you're making life changing decisions whilst waiting for results and I can't decide whether to buy football manager or GTA in the Steam sale.

Don't I feel silly. lol.
Original post by Agenda Suicide
Wow congratulations to the person who is engaged, you're making life changing decisions whilst waiting for results and I can't decide whether to buy football manager or GTA in the Steam sale.

Don't I feel silly. lol.

Gta:smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Track says it'll be open from 8am, yet people were able to log in at 6am last year, right?

Can you log in at 6am using the iPad app? :colone:

I feel awful by cheating the system, but - yeah, I don't really.
Good morning! :flower2:
Morning guys! How is everyone? :smile:
I'm awake ridiculously early compared to my normal 2pm holiday-wake-up time... I feel zombified :tongue:
under a month to go, and results day, where as little as a couple of marks could determine if i get into uni/which uni i get.....
Reply 3117
I am watching Jeremy Kyle.

What is wrong with me??? :sad:
Reply 3118
Original post by mahjongmagic
Don't the teachers know your results in some schools? I'm going to check first on Track but I'll use the teacher's reactions to me as a gauge of what grade I've got.

They'll probably know before we walk in, and our school post everybody's results on posters at the sides of the hall as well ¬¬
Reply 3119
Original post by Jamal B
They'll probably know before we walk in, and our school post everybody's results on posters at the sides of the hall as well ¬¬

I'd hate that... it'd be horrible to walk in and see people looking at your results before you even know them :eek: our college gives us them in envelopes, which I prefer because I intend to just grab and run :tongue:

Latest