Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What would you do if your instructor was a trannsexual

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm curious how you think you would know if they were? It's not like you can tell with many people now a days and it's not something the driving instructor should feel like they have to tell their pupils when it doesn't affect their teaching
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimarshmallow)
    I'd make sure it was clear what pronoun they would prefer I use and carry on as normal. They're still people you know.
    ^This. There's nothing wrong with trans* people. As long as they were a good instructor, I'd be happy to learn from them.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    christ, when will this sort of ridiculous prejudice be discouraged the same as racism?

the person can't help it - it's the same as being a different colour.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahthegemini)
    And you associate with disgusting thugs because ... ?

I couldn't care less if my driving instructor was transexual or transvestite, I don't care about their private lives, if they're a good teacher, what more can you ask for?
    wouldn't call him a thug as he never puts what he says into action. He's similar to one of the characters in the inbetweener 'james' .
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by martin jol)
    christ, when will this sort of ridiculous prejudice be discouraged the same as racism?

the person can't help it - it's the same as being a different colour.
    So if you were stuck next to a middle aged transsexual dressed as a female with a deep voice like rick ross, in a car whilst learning how to drive you wouldn't act or feel any different compared to if your instructor was a heterosexual.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2_plus_X_equal_me)
    So if you were stuck next to a middle aged transsexual dressed as a female with a deep voice like rick ross, in a car whilst learning how to drive you wouldn't act or feel any different compared to if your instructor was a heterosexual.
    :facepalm: You are either an idiot, or confused, or both.
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    You know heterosexual isn't the opposite of transsexual right?
    Edit: See Emma-Ashley's fantastic post below this one.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    As she is female, how else would she be dressed? :rolleyes:

Heterosexual relates to sexual orientation
    Homosexual relates to sexual orientation
    Bisexual relates to sexual orientation
    Transsexual relates to gender!

Transsexuals can be heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual or asexual, just like any other human being.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amyshamblesxx)
    :facepalm: You are either an idiot, or confused, or both.
    Maybe he's neither. Maybe he just doesn't know? Maybe there is an issue of education rather than condemnation here?
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma-Ashley)
    As she is female, how else would she be dressed? :rolleyes:

Heterosexual relates to sexual orientation
    Homosexual relates to sexual orientation
    Bisexual relates to sexual orientation
    Transsexual relates to gender!

Transsexuals can be heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual or asexual, just like any other human being.
    To accompany your fantastic explanation:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Genderbread-2.1.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	236.5 KB 
ID:	146601
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's sad that in this day and age people would seriously consider not being around someone because of how they choose to identify themselves in terms of gender. Also, who cares if someone's gay, lesbian, straight, trans, gender-queer etc?! Wouldn't make any difference to me, might be careful with gender related words though.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't care, I had a male teacher that came back as a female when I moved up into year 9. Everyone got used to it and moved on. It's not a big deal.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimarshmallow)
    To accompany your fantastic explanation:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Genderbread-2.1.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	236.5 KB 
ID:	146601
    My only critique of this is that it says asexuals aren't attracted to anyone. Not quite true...
    • 137 followers

ReputationRep:
    Don't give a **** tbh. I would just wan't to have a good instructor :yy:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'd probably ask he/she/ze for help on my three point turns. I'm not too good at those.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    whilst i dont agree with their life choice for personal reasons i wouldnt hold it against them if they were a good teacher ... thatd be cutting off your nose to spite your face..
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'd ask them if they became a better driver when they became a man or vice versa on becoming female

Seriously though I wouldn't care so long as they were good at the job. I don't particularly understand transgenderism(?) as I've never really felt my gender, I just look down and :O I'm male. With that said if someone else says they've a different experience then I'll take their word for it.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    I honestly wouldnt do anything, and dont see what it is that would need doing!!.I am the student,they are the teacher teaching me to drive a car.Their gender is unimportant imo.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'd say "oh, you too?" and carry on my day as normal.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Who cares?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 13, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE results day

Waiting for your grades? Let off some steam in our results chat megathread

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered learning to drive

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.