The Student Room Group

Studying an IR/related masters in the UK

Hi,

I recently completed an IR honours degree in New Zealand and am wanting to complete a (self-funded) taught masters in the UK. Basically I want to know...

What schools do I have a chance of getting into? I managed a first, with grades for my four honours year papers being A, A, A- and B+. Ideally I would prefer to end up either in or close to London as I have friends and family there.

Are there still likely to be places at some decent schools for 2012/13 or shall I wait another year and try and gain some work experience?

I'm pretty naive about the whole thing so any guidance is much appreciated!
Admissions are still on, if u manage to complete an online application within a day..u have a chance of getting into a decent univ...I myself are clueless about reputations and simply following the ranking tables...

Times Univ Ranking 2012
Guardian Univ League tables 2012
Reply 2
I think that SOAS and King's College IR degrees are still open for applications. UCL has some great IR-related programmes and these are still open too. LSE and Oxbridge are closed however.
I think that is worth applying asap as the aformentioned three Universities still open to applications are excellent institutions.
Original post by MarcoPolari

Wait another year and do your homework on the best options. It's a hell of a lot of money and a big chance to take on a last minute, rushed job. You are getting into the territory (time period) where there is a reason universities still have places..........
Reply 4
Thanks for the responses everyone. I've had applications for KCL and UCL ready, just waiting for my transcripts to come through (hopefully today or tomorrow). I don't think Oxbridge or LSE are realistic for me, so it doesn't really matter that they've closed. I'm just kind of testing the waters at this stage, if I don't have any luck I will make a more concentrated effort for 2013/14. Thanks again!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending