Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Scariest films you have ever seen?

Announcements Posted on
Become part of the Welcome Squad! Apply here! 28-10-2014
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Drag me to Hell. It had me jumping all over the place when I saw it at the cinema.

The least scary film I've ever watched has to be Paranormal Activity. I nearly fell asleep watching it.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    I find silent hill scary.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Paranormal activity's the only one that's remotely scary, since it takes place in a believable setting and one I can relate to. I am not scared by anything set over 30 years ago, partly because if it was made back then it will have awful special effects, and partly because I just end up laughing at most of it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Serbian film...i'm not even sure why I watched it in all honesty.
    Dead Silence = I cant even...
    Misery......that woman D:

Human centipede...are you joking?...it was hilarious :L
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philbert)
    Are you talking about the Groke? I can't post pictures atm, but that sh*t gave me nightmares for weeks.

To a lesser degree, yeah, but was mostly thinking about Hattifatteners.

(Original post by Copperknickers)
    Paranormal activity's the only one that's remotely scary, since it takes place in a believable setting and one I can relate to. I am not scared by anything set over 30 years ago, partly because if it was made back then it will have awful special effects, and partly because I just end up laughing at most of it.

Me and my GF at the time, who scares easily, both found Paranormal Activity funny. It's not remotely scary. It's the kinda 'horror' film that gets over hyped by the general film going public and that's about it.

And given your statement regarding special effects, your opinion is basically objectively wrong.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm not trying to sound like some immune, macho-man but I've watched so many horror films/thrillers films that they rarely scare me at all now..

When I was younger I used to be scared of a bit in The Exorcist and I always used to have nightmares of Jason Voorhees, Freddie Kruegor and Mike Myers chasing me around a maze and I always had a hoover as a weapon for some reason..
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've never jumped as much as when I watched The Strangers.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MancBoy)
    I would go with...

Rosemary's Baby (especially the last 15 mins)
    The Shining (Jack Nicholson...enough said)
    Rec (The last bit was freaky deaky!)
    Misery (crazy, scary lady!)

There is more but I cant think of any. What are yours?
    Rec was a good'un. The sequel was a let down though - got quite predictable. Have you seen the third?

Insidious wasn't particularly scary as a whole, but it does have a few jumpy parts. This one still gets me once in a while.

• 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Rosemary's Baby - the best AND scariest film I've seen.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone seen Wallace and Gromit: Curse of the Wererabbit? I think they banned it in the UK but you can still find it on some Russian Video-Stream Sites..
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lovefoxxx_93)
    I've never jumped as much as when I watched The Strangers.
    Yeah I'd agree, The Strangers was most probably the last 'scary' film I watched. The music was creepy as hell! Just the way they did it in general, like the knocking on the door etc..
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    the strangers was shocking
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dukekaki)
    I was told "The Exorcist" was a scary film....... and my mother particularly said the head-spinning part was most scary, but I laughed out during that part of the movie.
    Agreed, I laughed through pretty much the whole film APART from the spider walk down the stairs. Seriously freaky **** right there, that moment's still with me.

Last 10 mins of REC is very intense.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The Simpsons Tree House Of Horror **** on Sky1. Gets me well shook at times.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Insidious absolutely terrified me mainly because the kid gets haunted when sleeping.
    The exorcist was pretty scary.
    The Ring was pretty scary as well.

I'm quite the scaredy cat at movies :P
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    The Exorcist.

After being desensitised by gratuitous gorno-style horror, 'The Exorcist' remains the only film that has the ability to phase me these days.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The Lion King. Definately.
    I mean, a telking meerkat? How ridiculous is that?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aleksandr%20meerkat.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	13.1 KB 
ID:	146396
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's probably pathetic but I still can't get through the Grudge films,despite knowing exactly whats in them.The Serbian Film freaked me out a lot.I saw http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0384806/ when I was 15 and it really scared me,especially as it is based on truth and the house still exists in America.And the whole 'catch em kill em' mantra was stuck in my head for ages afterwards.Not especially great late at night when your brain seems to be unable to do anything but replay those scenes.I haven't seen the Ring but apparently it's of a similar vein to the Grudge.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    When I was 5 (all thanks to my then teenaged uncle) I sat through about half an hour of the original "Nightmare on Elm Street." I slept in my parents bed for years afterwards!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Misery. That woman is frightening.

As for the hype over the Exorcist, what a load of bull. I just don't see it myself, not scary at all. Slashers don't bother me either, I find the psychological/ supernatural things more creepy.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 4, 2012
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Join the TSR Halloween party...if you dare!

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki film section

Quick link:

Unanswered film threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.