The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Finding a job???

Hi!

I have an important question...

I am going to put Edinburgh as my firm choice. However, I an EU student from a new EU country and I will HAVE TO find a part-time job to maintain myself (especially because of those ridiciously high accommodation prices), otherwise I will have to drop out.

So the question is simple - how easy/difficult is it to find a part-time job whilst studying in Edinburgh and how much can I earn/week?

Thanks...
Reply 1
Theres plenty of jobs around, particularly in bars, restaurants and shops...i'm not sure of the wages but i guess they start around £5 an hour. The wage per week will depend on the hours you do.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
OK, thanks very much - what about jobs that the University offers?
Reply 3
I don't know..i'm at one of the other universities in edinburgh...the university should have some sort of job centre on site, where it will advertise local vacancies including the univeristy ones. (At least my university, Queen Margaret University college does, and we're only very small compared to the big uni of edinburgh!).
I know several people (1st years) that work as bar staff in the unions... but i don't know how competitive the jobs are or how much they get paid etc.
Reply 5
Thanks for your reply...

Latest

Trending

Trending