Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

2D vs 3D movies

Announcements Posted on
  • View Poll Results: Do you typically see 2D or 3D movies?
    2D
    82.35%
    3D
    1.96%
    Depends on the movie
    15.69%

• 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys;

You know most movies are coming out in 3D now right, I just want to know your view on 3D movies compared to 2D movies.
    I don't think movie technology is good enough yet to make a substantial income currently and as such, typically go and see 2D movies. Although, I have seen 2 movies that was good in 3D which are Beowolf and Avatar (James Cameron version).

So, if there is a movie out and you have a choice of seeing it in 2D or 3D, which would you chose and why?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    3D can suck my dick.

I hate that so many people buy into this stupid gimmick and perpetuate its existence.
    • 205 followers

ReputationRep:
    2D. 3D just gives me a headache and I can't enjoy the film. My dad bought a 3D Tv and it's decent but in the cinema I'd much prefer 2D.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my LT18i
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    3D films just give me a headache. If i go see them I have to watch it without the glasses, and so it's just like watching a fuzzy film. I need to get round to buying Hank Green's 2D glasses: what a great idea.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Gotta be 2D for me
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    The only good film that i have seen in 3D is Avatar, but you'd expect that, considering the cost of the film.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    3D just seems more like faddy **** like it was in the early 80s.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was all for 3D going in to watching Avatar at IMAX a couple of years ago. Admittedly it was enjoyable enough, but since then my love for 3D has plumetted. Every single experience has been annoying. 3D is darker, headache inducing, annoying and gimicky. I would actually pay extra to watch 2D!

IMAX 2D is the way forward-- giant screens whilst retaining resolution and better sound creates a more immersive experience. IMAX looks awesome on those wide landscape shots (TDK was awesome).
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    I get headaches watching 3D.... Plus it is just too damn expensive at the cinema

Gotta be 2D for me
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Most films I've seen using 3D haven't used it well.
    It depends on the film for me - if they put out a film in 3D, and after watching it I feel it's been a plus to the film, then that's cool.

I don't really get headaches from it but I couldn't watch in 3D for more than one film.

It's a bit silly to say 3D films are better than 2D ones or vice-versa imo.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    3D movies are overrated, but there are some pretty awesome movies like "Avatar" that are worthwhile to be watched in 3D. Hoping "The Hobbit" (in theaters, December 2012) will be an epic movie and change the 3D industry. But for now, 2D is still better than 3D.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've gained nothing from watching 3D over 2D.

2D is perfectly fine and usually substantially cheaper too.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    hahaha 3D has absolutely no votes
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    The only good film in 3D is Avatar. The others were just poo! Also I hate how the glasses makes the film a shade darker.

I'd much prefer it if they had HD screens. That would be amaze.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'd see a 3D film, only if it was filmed in 3D, not horrifically converted like Alice in Wonderland or Deathly Hallows part 2 and if it was something I felt could benefit from 3D. Otherwise 2D all the way.
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    I prefer 3D but can't justify the cost. Hubby prefers 2D. We pretty much always go to see films in 2D therefore.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    2D
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    3D is merely paying a lot of money to get a headache (well for me anyway). I'll pick 2D any time.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I can't see 3D (wonky eye.) Out of around 8 people I would voluntarily go to the cinema with, 1 other can't see it, 2 say they get headaches and the remainder hate it.

Still can't understand how it is getting so popular.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 21, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE results day

Waiting for your grades? Let off some steam in our results chat megathread

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki film section

Quick link:

Unanswered film threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.