The Student Room Group

how many people have unprotected sex with their partner ?

Scroll to see replies

Both been checked and I have the implant, so yeah we don't use condoms.
Original post by KTCI
I don't use condoms with the guy I'm seeing, but I have the coil (I had to have an STI check before it was put in, so I know I'm clean), and I asked him pretty much straight away if he had been checked (bad experience with last boyfriend), and he had been tested after his last girlfriend, so all is well. I would really prefer to have the implant, but the side effects were too brutal for my tastes!

What is the coil like compared to the implant?
Ive only had protected sex. Im 26 and when I get into my next relationship I would love to have sex without a condom, assuming she is "clean" and I am as well and we trust each other..

I'm actually afraid as I have quite a tight foreskin and I have bad thoughts of it ripping open when doing it bareback. It hurts a little bit with a condom on (but pain has gone down since I saw a girl a few months ago), so I cant imagine what its like without a condom :frown:
Yeah I don't use condoms. I have a mirena coil fitted and we have both been checked and are clean.

There seems to be, on this forum in particular, a lot of hysteria about getting pregnant while on the pill or long-term birth control. Sure, sometimes people mess up and forget to take their pill or something and get pregnant, but there's really no need to be on six different types of birth control, they are all very reliable if used correctly.
I wouldn't ever go unprotected 100% with anyone ever. I'm on the pill though. In a committed relationship I'm more than happy to forego condoms, in fact I prefer it without them.
I'm on the pill so we no longer use condoms, I think I hated them more than my boyfriend did.
Original post by KJ_the_crazy_chick
Me and my partner don't use condoms apart from anal sex. But I have the implant and have yearly STDs tests. Do not have sex without condoms unless you are on a form of contraception (i.e. implant, pill, coil, etc) and both of you have STD tests/are clean.

why do you use condoms for anal but nothing else if your both clean?
Original post by pinkangelgirl

I do the same.

To be absolutely brutal about it - I don't want poo-smelling cum to be dribbling outta my ass for the next half hour.

1. It's cleaner and tidier to use a condom. And there is a real issue of cleanliness and the back passage - that doesn't exist for the front, because the contents of my vagina are pleasant and smell neutral/nice.

2. The vagina is also looser so it sort of.. empties faster.

3. I'm used to stuff coming out of the front, whereas from the back this is feels a little too close to incontinence :s-smilie:

4. Last of all - rescue tissues can always be shoved between the labia where they cannot around the bumhole.

There.. sorry for the appaling crudeness and to any that I have totally put off anal forever (its okay with a condom!), but there's the answer to your question.
It's normal to stop using condoms if you're on some form of birth control (pill or hormone implant or whatever) and you know you're clean. It's much more fun as well.
Depends on the partner. Bareback feels better though so as long as everyone's clean and she is on the pill or something it's a gud'un.
Original post by pinkangelgirl

It reduces friction so it is easier and because it is less messy.
Reply 31
Original post by KJ_the_crazy_chick
What is the coil like compared to the implant?

I love it in comparison. I don't get the brutal mood swings anymore, I have regular periods again (with the implant I was bleeding pretty much non-stop for a year), I don't break out in spots or get migraines anymore ... tbh after having it put in, I have rarely needed to think about it being there, and all the hormonal side effects of the implant are finally gone! I have the copper IUD without hormones, because I have deduced that hormones send me crazy and had had enough.

The only downsides in my book are that my periods are a bit more painful (esp for the first few days), I have to check that the coil hasn't moved position every month or so, and while the implant was 99.9% effective, the coil is about 98%. It doesn't sound like much to complain about, but I REALLY hate the idea of getting pregnant! I also have to be extra careful about the history of people I sleep with while I have it in, since if I get an STI with the coil, the symptoms and presentation are much worse than without, but that doesn't really bother me.

So basically, if you can deal with the side-effects of the implant, or you're one of those lucky sods who doesn't get any side-effects, then I would choose the implant, but the coil is the way to go if you have problems with hormonal contraceptive and want something you don't have to take every day :smile:
Started out with condoms but that basically killed any chance of a sex life so I switched to the pill.
Original post by KTCI
I love it in comparison. I don't get the brutal mood swings anymore, I have regular periods again (with the implant I was bleeding pretty much non-stop for a year), I don't break out in spots or get migraines anymore ... tbh after having it put in, I have rarely needed to think about it being there, and all the hormonal side effects of the implant are finally gone! I have the copper IUD without hormones, because I have deduced that hormones send me crazy and had had enough.

The only downsides in my book are that my periods are a bit more painful (esp for the first few days), I have to check that the coil hasn't moved position every month or so, and while the implant was 99.9% effective, the coil is about 98%. It doesn't sound like much to complain about, but I REALLY hate the idea of getting pregnant! I also have to be extra careful about the history of people I sleep with while I have it in, since if I get an STI with the coil, the symptoms and presentation are much worse than without, but that doesn't really bother me.

So basically, if you can deal with the side-effects of the implant, or you're one of those lucky sods who doesn't get any side-effects, then I would choose the implant, but the coil is the way to go if you have problems with hormonal contraceptive and want something you don't have to take every day :smile:

Sounds great. I cannot wait to have regular periods without them lasting for ages. :smile:
Reply 34
I've been with my partner 3.5yrs and we've only been having sex without a condom for the last 7/8 months. Neither of us would have been ready for a baby so we stuck with 2 methods. Now we're getting married next year and I have the implant so if I get pregnant it won't be the end of the world. I say unless you're ready to potentially fall pregnant, stick with 2 methods :wink:
Reply 35
Bareback! If you trust them then whats the problem???
Interesting. I always use protection with my dates and mistresses. Eventually, despite the initial pleas, the girls are the ones who want to dispense with the rubbers.

As some remember, in a recent moment of weakness I almost capitulated to my current cutie's desire for a hard bareback ride. But I'm clear headed again and have, and will, resist her blandishments.
Reply 37
Original post by Anonymous
:frown: Unfortuntaly I do, with random guys from nights out. I have an implant so i know im deffos not going to get pregnant so using a condom is even less appealing :/ I started having sex without a condom so now having sex with just seems like **** in comparison.

Sigh, need to take an sti check - im dreading it.

Wahey!

I bet you go to replica in Sheffield.
Original post by Ali xo
Bareback! If you trust them then whats the problem???

They could have a STD that they didn't know about (HIV, Hep, etc) which could cause serious health problems for you - e.g. infertility. Plus if they are female there is always a small chance they could be on no contraception at all and they could get pregnant.

So if you are going to go bareback - make sure both of you are clean from STDs and make sure any female partners are on contraception such as the pill, coil, implant, etc so they do not get pregnant.
I have, even though I'm not on the pill or anything at all. Makes me wonder why I'm still not pregnant :mmm:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending