Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Getting Facebook only now? Strange?

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys.

Well for ages i was kind of a social introvert and didnt really want people to know that so didnt join facebook for ages. I want to get facebook now but worried that people will think its weird and think less of me for only getting one now and having few friends/photos and stuff on there. Is my anxiety unjustified or not?

Thanks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Why do you care what people think?

Do what the **** you wanna do.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, a lot of people nowadays get facebook. I had it but due to having to focus on GCSEs, de-activated it. I don't think anyone will, or should, think less of you. Millions of people join it everyday! Back when I was around 14, I didn't even have it but then a lot of my year group friends had it and it made me want to have it, but nobody ever thought less of me because I joined due to everyone I knew having it. If you want a facebook, have one. If somebody asks why you decided to make one now, say that at the time you didn't feel it was very relevant in your life, but now you do want it because you feel that it can be some use in your life and stuff.

My advice is, if you want it, get it. Don't pause to think because you're afraid of what others think. At the end of the day, it's your thought that matters
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isildur1)
    Why do you care what people think?

Do what the **** you wanna do.
    ofcourse i care about what people think. The people that i care about anyway.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    honestly, facebook isn't that great. Twitter is where it's at!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 'bob')
    Hey guys.

Well for ages i was kind of a social introvert and didnt really want people to know that so didnt join facebook for ages. I want to get facebook now but worried that people will think its weird and think less of me for only getting one now and having few friends/photos and stuff on there. Is my anxiety unjustified or not?

Thanks
    the people you care about shouldnt care how many photos or friends you have, they are more concerned with how many they themselves have. I thnink its actually quite cool to have an empty facebook, it COULD show you were having more of a life whilst others were sitting updating their status and liking pictures.
    Yes some people might think oh this guy had social problems or whatever, but so what? that shouldn't affect you, cos they arent going to tell you to your face or write it on your wall.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    DON'T DO IT! :naughty:

Facebook is evil.

(this is slightly hypocritical since I use facebook, but still).
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 'bob')
    Hey guys.

Thanks
    Quite simply people will not care.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Be like Nike and Just Do It. :P
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 'bob')
    ofcourse i care about what people think. The people that i care about anyway.
    So you care about random people on the internet? If not, ask the people you care about their thoughts on joining Facebook 'now' at whatever age you may be.

TBH, if you're 17 or 18 id say fair play, all youve missed out on is farmville and mob wars invites incessantly. and loads of x's and 'I luv u so much bbz' from one youth to another after knowing each other 2 weeks.
    If however youre in your 20's youve probably missed out on the ease of events at uni (assuming you went to uni) being organised and so on, and photos and such, but if you have a social life, who cares about facebook.
    • 36 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rorydaredking)
    So you care about random people on the internet? If not, ask the people you care about their thoughts on joining Facebook 'now' at whatever age you may be.

TBH, if you're 17 or 18 id say fair play, all youve missed out on is farmville and mob wars invites incessantly. and loads of x's and 'I luv u so much bbz' from one youth to another after knowing each other 2 weeks.
    If however youre in your 20's youve probably missed out on the ease of events at uni (assuming you went to uni) being organised and so on, and photos and such, but if you have a social life, who cares about facebook.
    :rofl: so true..

op just do it, no one cares, i only created one last yr, noone really was fussed bout it, so all good.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 8, 2012
New on TSR

A-level results day

Is it about making your parents proud?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.