The Student Room Group

Wasting my time?

Hi,

I'm currently approaching the end of my first year at university studying Theatre.
I intend to get my PGCE after graduating to then be able to teach post 16 Drama as I believe I could do a great job.

For a while now I've been interested in Meteorology and Climate Science after researching the two, however this newly found interest is all very new to me. I left school without any qualifications, going to a college to gain I.T, Maths and English GCSE before then studying A Level Theatre to access university.

I'm thinking about taking up a couple of GCSE's with ICS in Chemistry and Physics during my second year of university. I'm currently fantasising over the idea of eventually completing A level Maths and Physics or Chemistry to then study Meteorology and Climate Science at university level when I'm much older which would pave way for me to perhaps then become a Climatologist (for example).

I'm wondering whether I'm speaking crap or not. If I undertake these GCSE's (see how I do), but decide that actually I don't want to pursue Science and Maths, will these GCSE's prove worthless (as I'll already have a degree in Theatre) when searching for employment in the job market?

All things aside I'm not entirely sure what I want to do when I'm older, hence this thread. I'm unsure if these GCSE's can help me become more versatile in the job market if I decide not to undertake them at A Level..

Thank you for reading

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending