The Student Room Group

Maths exam IGCSE - HIGHER TIER - PAPER 3H AND PAPER 4H POST DISCUSSION.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Usually in maths of Edexcel IGCSE, an A is around 66% even this is the higher scale; it usually ranges from 62-64 on average years; so even if the exam is too hard the grade boundaries will cover it. Don't worry guys! If you're an average candidate you'll definitely get an A; however, A* is for those maths geniuses. But, we're happy with an A right?
Reply 21
Original post by rapdog
im not too sure man, im only 14 i might make some mistakes

What? You're only 14? How did you manage to do the exam so early? You must be really clever! I prefer you do the solutions. Your age says it all.
Reply 22
Original post by rapdog

Don't worry! Several people visit this forum, and they'll correct you on any wrong answer.
Reply 23
thanks! and yes, in our school we have an express set who give the exam a year early :smile:

and i dont think i can as i have another exam on the 16th (not maths ) and will probably be doing last minute revision
Reply 24
im sure plenty of people would be willing to volunteer if you post it as a thread on the maths forum
Original post by gabriel 41
What? You're only 14? How did you manage to do the exam so early?

Whats the usual age?
Reply 26
Original post by StUdEnTIGCSE
Whats the usual age?

The usual age is usually 16 to 17 years.
Reply 27
We need a volunteer. Anyone?
Reply 28
The usual age is usually 16 to 17 years.

No, it is usually 15 to 16 years!
Reply 29
Original post by rapdog
im sure plenty of people would be willing to volunteer if you post it as a thread on the maths forum

But this thread is in a maths forum! and so far no one has volunteered.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 30
Original post by Tentinator
No, it is usually 15 to 16 years!

Maybe in the UK, but in Africa, especially East Africa it's 16-18 years.
Well i can volunteer but... no time.
Reply 32
I'll do it
Reply 33
Original post by rapdog

Dont worry mate, ive been studying the maths a spec for a year and a half and just changed to maths b 5 months back..Those months were the worst times of my life...doing all those pastpaers and stuff!
Reply 34
Original post by XxRahulXx
I'll do it

Thanks man! Will try to upload it by 14 May, so that we can know the minimum mark we need in 4H in order to get the objective desired grade.
Reply 35
This is a reminder for everyone:
We shall NOT be discussing the maths exam or it's contents till the 12 of May 2012, after 4:30 AM (UK time). After 4:30 AM all discussion and exam content evaluation is perfectly legal.
Reply 36
Original post by XxRahulXx
I'll do it

that's the spirit!! you are the man of 2012
This is a reminder for everyone:
We shall NOT be discussing the maths exam or it's contents till the 12 of May 2012, after 4:30 AM (UK time). After 4:30 AM all discussion and exam content evaluation is perfectly legal.

Does that mean you take PM paper at 10.30 AM
Or is it an AM paper?
Reply 38
was i the only one who found the jan 2012 paper ridiculously hard? especially compared to all the previous papers, it seemed waaay too difficult :confused:
I found the jan 2012 ones ok, actually - i think the 2011 ones were harder... What last minute revision is everyone doing?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending