Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Still no student finance

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's been three weeks now since I was supposed to get student finance, and I've still had nothing. I called them up a couple of weeks ago, and they said my account had been blacklisted because a letter had gone undelivered. They checked my address, resent it and told me to sign it and send it back. I called back a few days later to ask what it was I was supposed to receive, and they said it was a declaration statement, seemingly sent in error. She said I wasn't supposed to get another - it's something they send at the start of each year as a prerequisite to any payments. She apologised, and reactivated my account for me.

According to what I was told, I would have to wait up to 72 hours, then my account would be reactivated and payments would be generated as they were supposed to. This was about 10 days ago. I also received the mentioned declaration a few days ago, signing and posting it on wednesday last week.

I'm starting to lose my patience now. I've been fined £30 for not paying my rent (which I obviously couldn't without student finance), meaning I've had to apply for an overdraft of £1200. I've also spent about £15 on calling credit just so I can sit on hold for ten minutes before speaking to someone who barely understands what I'm saying.

I'm also a little concerned regarding the payment of tuition fees now - the payment to my university was supposed to be made on the 2nd of May, and I've got a feeling that that won't have been made either. What could happen if they didn't get that money?

On a side note, do I have any grounds to claim for the money that they've cost me? I doubt it in all honesty - I'm still not sure I'll get the grant and loan - but it could be worth trying.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I dont understand... Is this your first time applying to student finance? e.g. ---? You're going to uni next year?

If so, they wont give you any money anyway until september time when term starts.

Meh,

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 9, 2012
New on TSR

What are your A-level predictions?

Join our AS and A2 results day chat thread

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.