Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Walking Dead

Announcements Posted on
Vote for your favourite games from Q4 in TSR's Game of the Year Awards! 28-11-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone played The Walking Dead game? Only the first episode is available at the moment. I think they're going to be released on a monthly basis, probably.

I grabbed the PC version and my overall impression is that it's really well done, though.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Throughly impressed with it. Although Telltales previous efforts have differed in quality drastically from one episode to the next, I am hopeful that they'll be able to keep the quality high with this series
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't look like it follows TWD storyline so just piggybacking off of the brand name.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I enjoyed the first episode, still a bit sore that Jurassic Park isn't coming out for X360 in Europe, despite the reviews I would still have bought it.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Played the demo and thought it was dull as dishwater. Heres hoping the full game is more challenging than that was.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    The dates for the other episodes:

■ Episode 2: Starved for Help - May 30th, 2012
    ■ Episode 3: Long Road Ahead - June 25th, 2012
    ■ Episode 4: Around Every Corner - July 27th, 2012
    ■ Episode 5: No Time Left - August 29th, 2012
    • 58 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by internetguru)
    Doesn't look like it follows TWD storyline so just piggybacking off of the brand name.
    The games are made with the blessing of the original creator and are to be considered canon, unlike the TV show.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I really enjoyed Episode 1. I love Narrative Games. Sucks that we have to wait 20 more days till Episode 2 :'(
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ManBeast)
    I enjoyed the first episode, still a bit sore that Jurassic Park isn't coming out for X360 in Europe, despite the reviews I would still have bought it.
    Get it for PC, doesn't take a gaming PC to run it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Some random guy)
    Get it for PC, doesn't take a gaming PC to run it.
    I might do that. Last time I checked on the Mac steam store it was full-price...wonder if the free game code I got when my original pre-order was cancelled by TT will still work?

Edit: Holy ****, my code was still valid and allowed me to download the full season free of charge! Yaaaay
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ManBeast)
    I might do that. Last time I checked on the Mac steam store it was full-price...wonder if the free game code I got when my original pre-order was cancelled by TT will still work?
    I have no idea what you're talking about, sorry.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Some random guy)
    I have no idea what you're talking about, sorry.
    I pre-ordered Jurassic Park from Telltale, but then it got delayed so they refunded all the orders and gave everyone a code to download any game for free. I thought the code would only let me download one episode and I had forgotten all about it.

Anyway, free $30 game.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Saw this thread pretty late, but I really enjoyed the first episode.

I've been looking for some solid release dates for the second and according to what I've seen, it should have been released by now? And I can't find anything online to counter the release dates I've seen (similar to the ones posted above). I'm seriously checking pretty much every day!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LonelySoul193)
    Saw this thread pretty late, but I really enjoyed the first episode.

I've been looking for some solid release dates for the second and according to what I've seen, it should have been released by now? And I can't find anything online to counter the release dates I've seen (similar to the ones posted above). I'm seriously checking pretty much every day!
    I'm in the exact same predicament . Telltale were meant to have it finished but they're still working on it. Hopefully it comes out this month. I really wish they finished all the episodes before releasing the first one :sigh:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nephilim)
    I'm in the exact same predicament . Telltale were meant to have it finished but they're still working on it. Hopefully it comes out this month. I really wish they finished all the episodes before releasing the first one :sigh:
    Yeah I'm excited about the series in general so it's annoying that they're missing the release dates: I mean, monthly is hardly ideal as it is really.
    And I doubt there will be any form of compensation...

Goodness, I'm beginning to sound like an awful moan
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm kinda new to this so I was just wondering, what style of game is this? like, first person, third person, bird's eye view, etc?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anythingoo1)
    Hey, I'm kinda new to this so I was just wondering, what style of game is this? like, first person, third person, bird's eye view, etc?
    It's third person where you interact with certain objects and people. It's a very narrative-focused game (with dialogue choices).
    • 11444 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SacredPhoenix)
    Has anyone played The Walking Dead game? Only the first episode is available at the moment. I think they're going to be released on a monthly basis, probably.

I grabbed the PC version and my overall impression is that it's really well done, though.
    I'm thinking of getting it now on the PS3... I love zombies! Is it definitely worth it?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    id say its worth it as i love the walking dead, more about interaction with people rather than fighting the zombies though.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone downloaded episode 2? Oh wait, I have a PS3 and can't but everyone else can. I'm really annoyed now, episode 2 was meant to come in June, it didn't and now it's not on the EU PSN store :sigh:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: January 11, 2013
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.