The Student Room Group

Do you sleep with your socks on or off?

Scroll to see replies

Off.

Strangely, it's the only time you'll catch me without socks, stockings or tights on. I've a medical condition where my veins are too narrow so my feet/hands are almost constantly ice cold. I wear slipper socks even in the middle of summer (if I'm not wearing shoes) because regular ankle socks just aren't enough to keep me warm. However, for bed, I take them off. I wear as little as possible in bed while still remaining somewhat decent in case someone storms into my room while I'm asleep and I've happened to toss the duvet off (hey, it happens!).
Reply 121
Off. I have to let my feet breathe.
Off. I don't want to upset my feetsies :P
I sleep completely naked, so obviously no socks. Only exception to this is if I'm really poorly and having one of those awful moments where you just cannot get warm and you're there FREEEEEZING whilst everybody else is telling you it's warm - you know, like when you have a temperature. In this instance I sleep with very fluffy warm pyjamas on, AND a dressing gown, and fluffy bed-socks, and about 10 blankets.
Sometimes my feet are cold when I first get into bed so I feel obliged to leave them, but they never last long! I must kick them off in my sleep or something because they always end up like by my face in the morning.
Reply 125
On, always.
Reply 126
On when it's freezing cold and off when it's warm.
Reply 127
I tend to get in bed/fall asleep with them on. But then take them off sometime in the night.
Reply 128
I leave em on during winter and off during summer. I'm adaptable!
Off! I can barely stand them during the day :biggrin:
Reply 130
I take them off. When I don't take them off feel like I am going bed fully clothed.
Reply 131
Socks on. My feet get cold really easily.
Usually with socks on because my feet are always really cold no matter what I do. Bad circulation or something...
Off. Unless it's really cold, but then I'll wear a new pair of socks just for the night. Usually my super-fluffy ones :h:
(edited 11 years ago)
on all year round. i even sleep in slippers when its cold.

iv even used my laptop charger warm square bit to warm the bottom of my bed to avoid the iceblock toes tho

:/
Reply 135
Go to bed with them on and then after like 10 minutes take them off, feels totally awesome :biggrin:
Reply 136
If I'm ill, the former. If not, the latter.
off so my feet don't get sweaty lol. but if its really cold - like sometimes in uni accomodation, i sleep with them on
Original post by Melody_May
on all year round. i even sleep in slippers when its cold.

iv even used my laptop charger warm square bit to warm the bottom of my bed to avoid the iceblock toes tho

:/

I've done that too XD I usually leave my overheating laptop on my bed before I get in and it makes it nice and warm ;D
Reply 139
Go to bed with socks on and then take them off after a bit because it feels good

Quick Reply

Latest