Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Is there an 'I'?

Announcements Posted on
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Or have you sometimes lost your sense of self? Apparently this happens when you're on LSD

But it could be induced just by thinking

Do you feel that the world is a just bunch of feelings, sounds, pictures all arising and passing away? And that there actually no 'I' or 'my' or 'self' but just an illusion of it? The feeling of 'me' of 'I' is just a neutral feeling that arises that we mistake to be the 'I' or the 'me'
    So whenever 'you' see an object, there's no you but only the seeing

There's even a term for it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ego_death

wish i could get my hands on some LSD
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think that drugs - certain drugs - can alter one's perceptions. This is not the same as 'losing one's ego' or 'I'. You are simply intoxicated in that state, and the experience of losing yourself is part of the experience of taking the drug.
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blacklistmember)
    wish i could get my hands on some LSD
    So do I
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I hope there is a government somewhere that comes to it's senses within my lifetime and regulates drugs so I can legally get my hands on some LSD.
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    The question is: What is an "I"?

In my point of view an "I" is a person with own skills and ideas which is separate from a group.
    An "I" have so much confidence in his own that it is living for itself. Some of them are genius, some of them are (an eccentric) artist, but there is a feature which is connect to all kinds of I: They are an ego. And some of them are walking alone all the time...

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 9, 2012
New on TSR

Exclusive Nick Clegg interview

Your questions answered by the deputy prime minister

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.