The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 1
A TV.

Didn't think I'd want one, but now it's been really useful. Obviously not for educational purposes! :p:
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
I wasnt meaning educational anyway so ur ok! Lol!:rolleyes:
Reply 3
This may sound stupid, but i forgot my driving license and didn't have any ID for a couple of weeks
Don't forget an electrical extension thing - especially if you are in older accomodation because you might only have one socket in your room
Reply 5
Little stuff in the kitchen like a baking tray (I know, I'm stupid), oven gloves, tin opener and things. Oh yeah, and I forgot my little wheely case thing, which was a pain when I wanted to go home during first term as I had to cram it all into my backpack.

Also, psch, Durham isn't that far! My bf is at Durham uni and we commute on the trains to see each other at least three or four times a term, only three hours! :p:
1987 Naomi
Is there anything you forgot to bring or never thought of bringing but then realised it would be really useful? Random questions i know but i dont want to have to make lots of trips home cos i live in Durham which is a fair distance from Lancaster!:pepsi: :hmmmm:

Depends on how culinary you are, but the first thing I bought from ASDA was a George Foreman 'Lean, Mean, Fat Reducing Grilling Machine'!

It's been a godsend.
Reply 7
YES!! I've got one of those grills! A day doesnt go by where i havent used it, i'd definitely invest in one of those!! x
Reply 8
and a toastie maker! A saving grace for someone as lazy as me when it comes to cooking etc!

also remember all the bits of paperwork that they send you- you never know what you might need and it can be a real pain if you leave a vital bit at home!
Reply 9
I wouldnt have thought of any of those. Thanks!

Latest

Trending

Trending