Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Would you vote Boris Johnson for PM?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I am quite a fan of Boris. I think not only has he good some clever ideas, but he is also one of those rare politicians that isn't incredibly dull. So I think he would make a good prime minister.

So I was wondering, if he did run for prime minister, would anyone actually vote for him?

Would you?
    • 46 followers

ReputationRep:
    If he became leader of the Tory party and had some credible policies it would definitely tempt me back into the fold. I wouldn't want him to run on a ticket of having an amnesty for illegal immigrants, that would be a definitely be a no- no for me.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    never.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I do have a soft spot for Boris, but naaaaaah
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    No.

Because he wouldn't be standing as an MP for York (North) and I'm not a member of the Conservative Party.

Hardly anybody would be. You know that's not how it works in this country, yes?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    Hardly anybody would be. You know that's not how it works in this country, yes?
    :ditto:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Even if I lived within the right constituency, I'd avoid it at all costs because he's a moron who gets by on charisma.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    No.

He comes across as charismatic and a nice chap but . . .

1) he's a tory

2) he's a bumbling bafoon

3) he's just some posh toff who doesn't know about normal people (although this true for many labour MPs these days)

4) he should become a comedian or tv presenter
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure we don't have to vote. Therefore, I will not vote for anyone except for the invisible man next to me. Mummy says he's my imagination, but I think she's crazy.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. I'm no Tory, but Boris is awesome.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Boris is the sort of person who's likeable enough to make everyone unite behind him, and so if he were Prime Minister he could actually get things done. Trying to do what you think is necessary to sort the country out, even if it turns out not to work, is far preferable to doing nothing because of dissent within your own party.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    No. However, he is massively funny.
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    No.

I highly doubt he'd run in my constituency, and I'd not vote for the Tories either.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    who thinks we should ban politicians from using rhetoric???
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    If we became a republic, he'd definitely be getting my vote for president.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    Amnesty for illegal immigrants and campaign for a living wage.

Sounds a refreshing change from most Tories...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Depends on who is on the other side. And naturally what Johnson's stances are, which could easily change from now till his running for PM.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    He is interesting candidate and i would like to read his profile at first, then i can think about to vote him.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annabelisme)
    I am quite a fan of Boris. I think not only has he good some clever ideas

... like what exactly?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    He says he stands for traditional Tory values but I think he'd go straight to the centre-right of politics if he became PM. We need a Conservative PM that actually stands for the right of the party. Consensus politics is awful.

As a member of the Conservative party I'll see who stands for the next leadership election before I decide.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 15, 2012
New on TSR

A-level results day

Is it about making your parents proud?

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.