Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

B445 - Male Child Genital Mutilation Bill 2012

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Aye. Religious freedom should only be to the extent where you're not causing physical harm to other people.

These children may choose not to follow Judaism, and their circumcission would be something they'd grow to resent.

The practice of child-circumcission should be reserved for medical emergencies only.
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    Simply put it comes down to freedom of choice. I don't see how anyone can be against this. As for the Judaism argument. Its not the job of the state to pander to one religion or another.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'm pro- choice.

Just because your parents are of a certain religion does not mean you will follow the same one. I do not share the religion of my parents. I'm just happy they weren't jews, I like my penis how it is.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not that I have anything against it but

(Original post by tehFrance)
    My circumcision was the best thing to ever happen to me
    you must have lived an amazingly uninteresting life.

(Original post by Aj12)
    As for the Judaism argument. Its not the job of the state to pander to one religion or another.
    fwiw, the Jew-bashers might want to know that Muslims circumcise too.
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DynamicSyngery)
    Not that I have anything against it but

you must have lived an amazingly uninteresting life.

fwiw, the Jew-bashers might want to know that Muslims circumcise too.
    How am I bashing Jews? I just don't believe the state should pander to religion. Any religion, merely mentioned Judaism since it came up in this thread.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    How am I bashing Jews? I just don't believe the state should pander to religion. Any religion, merely mentioned Judaism since it came up in this thread.
    A lot of people don't want the state to pander to religion[s they don't like].

You may not be one of them of course.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by X_mark_the_spot)
    Agreed. Circumcised penises are preferable aesthetically, not to mention more hygienic. It isn't mutilation since it actually confers a benefit, unlike female genital mutilation which is performed strictly for the purpose of making sex more painful for women. What a silly idea for a bill, this decision is better left up to parents Child when he has reached the appropriate age of consent..
    Fixed for you.

Aye from me.
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    Agreed. Circumcised penises are preferable aesthetically, not to mention more hygienic. It isn't mutilation since it actually confers a benefit, unlike female genital mutilation which is performed strictly for the purpose of making sex more painful for women. What a silly idea for a bill, this decision is better left up to parents.
    Preferable aesthetically - Do you believe this is a universal truth? Why should your mum get to decide what's best for your sex life? Why do you think that the child should have no choice in the matter? Moreover, if men preferred women who had been mutilitated by their parents in some way, for example by foot binding, would this legitimise parents decisions to (in this case, literally) torture their children (even if it confers a benefit in terms of sexual selection)?

More hygienic - What sort of men do you know? o.O AFAIK everyone washes down there, this may have been a legitimate reason 100's of years ago, but not today.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The United Kingdom:

Leading the way in reversing the backward ways of Religion, one bill at a time.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Very good bill. Aye.
    • 34 followers

ReputationRep:
    My circumcision was the best thing to ever happen to me, I don't remember any of the supposed pain I should of had and it has not caused me (or anyone else I know) any mental scarring.

NO!
    :borat:
    • 26 followers

ReputationRep:
    Abstaining. :confused:

I may make up my mind by the time it gets to the Division Lobby.
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    Agreed. Circumcised penises are preferable aesthetically, not to mention more hygienic. It isn't mutilation since it actually confers a benefit.
    I hear you :yes:
    (Original post by Moleman1996)
    These children may choose not to follow Judaism, and their circumcission would be something they'd grow to resent.
    You cannot not follow Judaism, you are a Jew even if you don't take part in it religiously. What do you think self-hating Jews are?

Why would they resent being circumcised? I honestly don't understand why a bunch of gentiles are getting involved in this as you are not circumcised, you don't know what it is like, you don't know what pain we go through, you know jack **** about any of it and yet you want to make laws outlawing it.

**** that ****, gentiles should never ever get involved in Judaism or anything that is connected to Judaism!!!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Why would I joke about my circumcision? it really has been the best thing that has happened to me... and the ladies prefer it

Some women prefer it.

Circumcised people seem to love to claim that ALL do. It's kinda cute how this cultural preference is cool, but if I were to have a preference for mutilated vaginas, it wouldn't be cool.

lal. **** you guys and your warped relativism.

And the 'hygiene' argument is ****ing stupid. It only makes any sense if YOU NEVER WASH.

You cannot not follow Judaism, you are a Jew even if you don't take part in it religiously. What do you think self-hating Jews are?

Oh. Never mind. You're an idiot.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    This is a load of rubbish. If someone who's been circumcised as a baby and now doesn't want to be part of that religion said this then maybe I would agree but not with a group of athiests hating on Jews and Muslims
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperFantasticB)
    This is a load of rubbish. If someone who's been circumcised as a baby and now doesn't want to be part of that religion said this then maybe I would agree but not with a group of athiests hating on Jews and Muslims
    Ey? It's not really hating on Jews and Muslims, more that we shouldn't be allowing people to mutilate their child for the sake of a religion the child might not even follow.
    If an adult decides they want to be circumcised - fine, it's their body but they shouldn't get to chose for the child.
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by concubine)
    Oh. Never mind. You're an idiot.
    Jews are also a race of people, it is not just a religion. This bill is racist.
    (Original post by Alofleicester)
    Ey? It's not really hating on Jews and Muslims, more that we shouldn't be allowing people to mutilate their child for the sake of a religion the child might not even follow.
    If an adult decides they want to be circumcised - fine, it's their body but they shouldn't get to chose for the child.
    Again, what Jew isn't a Jew even if they don't follow Judaism? we have self-hating Jews for a reason as they are still Jews regardless so the argument of "oh no, the child might not even follow Judaism" is bull**** as they are still Jewish no matter what.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Jews are also a race of people, it is not just a religion. This bill is racist.
    Just because there's a stronger interrelation between Jews and 'race', doesn't mean that JEWS ARE A RACE.

Jews, specifically Jews that practice circumcision, are not a 'race', they're followers of a religion.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoryS)
    I'd just prefer not to see it, it doesn't affect my opinion on the matter.
    You said the picture was horrid. Why is it horrid? Well, it depicts the butchery and gore involved in genital mutilation. If you think it's horrid then do you think children should be unwillingly subjected to it?

Answering that question will determine your vote.

I'm still abstaining from this. I might have a more certain view when it comes to the MP vote.
    So you'll vote without making your views known? It's not exactly a mega cryptic issue that requires a vast length of deliberation.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Women's preference either way for circumcised or as nature intended is irrelevant.

(As a side note, it is not 'proven' that all women prefer de-snooded. Piffle plucked out of the air.)
Updated: May 15, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.