The Student Room Group

Advanced Higher Music

Scroll to see replies

I think I got 28 or 29. Really quite annoyed cause we did a prelim LAST WEEK and I got 90% :/ I'm sure I got the guitar and bass bits wrong on the Queen one. I reckon I've got about 5/8 in the grid question but I'm so pleased that I got setting for the mass in the 1st essay question :biggrin: That made my day ha. I haven't done my practical yet - it's on the 22nd but I hope I do well :smile: Target's an A1 and I'm doing music next year so I want to do well!
Original post by jennieee94
yeah i definitely thought this was the hardest paper in the last 4/5 years seeing as i have done all the past papers from 2007 onwards and scored at least 28, nearly broke down in tears in the exam i thought it was that hard aha

Same:colondollar:
Original post by TheBambiHeart
I think I got 28 or 29. Really quite annoyed cause we did a prelim LAST WEEK and I got 90% :/ I'm sure I got the guitar and bass bits wrong on the Queen one. I reckon I've got about 5/8 in the grid question but I'm so pleased that I got setting for the mass in the 1st essay question :biggrin: That made my day ha. I haven't done my practical yet - it's on the 22nd but I hope I do well :smile: Target's an A1 and I'm doing music next year so I want to do well!

The first essay question was a mass?:eek:
I'm doing music next year so I want to do well!

Ooooh where are you going?
Reply 24
Can some make a list of the concepts they put in their essay questions? (If you can remember xD ) Thanks.
Original post by pinkpaper94
The first essay question was a mass?:eek:

It was a VERY modern setting. At least my teacher thought so and he does stuff like that every weekend. I think I just recognised it because I tried to listen to a lot of the mass so I recognised the words. I'm not that clued up with it though ha!

EDIT: It might have been Gloria. I'll have a wee look up :smile: Might be wrong though. Can't exactly remember haha.

EDIT AGAIN: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dC3kiya2GaM&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PLCC340F3081986098
:smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by christielovesyou
Ooooh where are you going?

Glasgow Uni :biggrin: Dead excited!
It was a VERY modern setting. At least my teacher thought so and he does stuff like that every weekend. I think I just recognised it because I tried to listen to a lot of the mass so I recognised the words. I'm not that clued up with it though ha!

EDIT: It might have been Gloria. I'll have a wee look up :smile: Might be wrong though. Can't exactly remember haha.

EDIT AGAIN: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dC3kiya2GaM&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PLCC340F3081986098
:smile:

I heard the word Gloria and thought mass but then I doubted myself lol.. argh
Glasgow Uni :biggrin: Dead excited!

Oooh, cool, I've got a friend going there for music too. I was offered an audition but I had my unconditional from Edinburgh by that point so I couldn't be bothered going. :tongue:

I had the biggest freak out ever this morning. On the We Are the Champions question, I did parts of it way before the actual question started, including writing the time signature. No idea why now, but I didn't look at the groupings, so I wrote 3/4. Now because I did this bit so far in advance, I forgot I'd done it at all, so I sat there for the whole three playings going "why have they used compound time groupings if it's 3/4? I would've thought Queen would know better! This so feels like 6/8!" because I forgot that the time signature was one of the questions, and thought that the SQA had printed it in the score.

Took me until this morning to realise that it was me who got it wrong. Absolutely kicking myself. It wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't picked up on the fact that it was compound time groupings DURING THE EXAM! :rolleyes: :angry:
Oooh, cool, I've got a friend going there for music too. I was offered an audition but I had my unconditional from Edinburgh by that point so I couldn't be bothered going. :tongue:

Ooh I got in there too but Glasgow's such a wonderful city and so close to my heart so it's the best choice for me :smile: I'm so glad to hear someone else is going there! The BMus course or MA? If it's the BMus at least I know SOMEONE is going :tongue: Haven't found anybody so far.

Aw don't worry about the compound time thing. Loads of people in my exam did that and by the sounds of it you've got loads of the paper right :smile: it's only one mark. I know it's annoying but it won't affect anything. But I do totally get why you're annoyed. I get like that too :/
Ooh I got in there too but Glasgow's such a wonderful city and so close to my heart so it's the best choice for me :smile: I'm so glad to hear someone else is going there! The BMus course or MA? If it's the BMus at least I know SOMEONE is going :tongue: Haven't found anybody so far.

She's doing the BMus. :smile: And she knows at least two others, so it's not going to be as empty as you think. :tongue:
She's doing the BMus. :smile: And she knows at least two others, so it's not going to be as empty as you think. :tongue:

Yay :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending