The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Brutal Honesty
Wait...that was satire? I just read the post again, still can't see it.

Satire doesn't usually come across well without a smiley, I guess I should have made it clearer by adding :rolleyes:.
Original post by marcusfox
Satire doesn't usually come across well without a smiley, I guess I should have made it clearer by adding :rolleyes:.

A smiley wouldn't have helped. I actually don't think satire is what you were aiming for because, again I can't see any satire there even after picturing all the smileys in the world after that post.
A smiley wouldn't have helped.

"Ooh look I've caught out an 'evil racist' on a technicality".

Fixed it for you.

Yeah, the last page or so has just been you wrigging through technicalities at whatever statistics and news articles I've posted, and for someone with such a rubbish rep, I've wasted far too much time on you.

OK you're right and I'm just a big ignorant racist. :rolleyes:

[Don't miss the smiley]
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by marcusfox
"Ooh look I've caught out an 'evil racist' on a technicality".

Fixed it for you.

Yeah, the last page or so has just been you wrigging through technicalities at whatever statistics and news articles I've posted, and for someone with such a rubbish rep, I've wasted far too much time on you.

OK you're right and I'm just a big ignorant racist. :rolleyes:

[Don't miss the smiley]

For someone your age you seem to be banging on about rep a lot. You'd have thought you'd have grown out of that by now. Your entire argument was based on hearsay and speculation about an ongoing case which we know little about. The sarcasm in your post is based on me apparently alleging you're racist? I haven't even hinted at such a thing, it's you who has brought it up maybe pre-empting something? You do seem to fancy yourself as a bit of a Mystic Meg afterall.
Original post by effofex
One was illegal. Most were not. It is not justified to correlate this kind of ciminality with the legality of immigration status.

In the interests of accuracy, two are due to be deported when their sentences end.
What can be said that hasn't already been said....disgusting indeed.
As for the poster claiming the girls were to blame: sure, the girls shouldn't have been out at midnight by themselves, there's no question about that really, but that IN NO WAY makes it okay for what these men did to them.
There's a social aspect here which does need to be looked at, i.e. why parents/children homes were allowing these kids out, or not reporting them when they had gone missing etc. Heck, the schools should have made investigations when these kids weren't attending...reports suggest that one girl went into school stinkingm of booze and looking dirty/grubby etc. as a result of the night's events. These signs should have been picked up on earlier.
As for the people who committed the crime: they should be locked up for life frankly, it is an outright danger that these sort of people exist on our streets. The most tragic part is there are probably more of these sort of groups out there.

It's just a shame more ethnic/religious groups are not collectively coming out to publicly condemn the actions of these men. It's to their misfortune, and keeping quiet only fuels hatred and leads to increased popularity of the likes of the BNP and EDL.
See the infuriating thing for me is that most of them are Muslims. It really vexes me how people like that are giving a bad name to my religion.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01h73bl/BBC_News_at_Six_09_05_2012/

16:20 on this link... what an awful thing for somebody to say.
Original post by Mr Dangermouse
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01h73bl/BBC_News_at_Six_09_05_2012/

16:20 on this link... what an awful thing for somebody to say.

Have you forgotten that you posted post number 99 of this thread and that we responded to it yesterday?
Original post by Good bloke
Have you forgotten that you posted post number 99 of this thread and that we responded to it yesterday?

I know, just wanted to post the video.
Oxford isn't London is it? If these men responsible are Pakistanis who are from London then you've got a point, if they Pakistanis from the north who've been doing this stuff in Oxford then you haven't and I'm right. Or it could be another race. They're still technically a minority when it comes to grooming although over-represented.

70% of british pakistanis are mirpur, most of these living in the north of england. mirpur is a backward area of pakistan. this is why it is them that does this and not punjabis etc...also why it occurs in the north, the dumping ground of pakistani immigrants and others.

Afghanistan? Well just look at the way they treat their women, not surprised this illegal immigrant (who slashed his wrists and threatened to slit a girls throat if she didnt have sex with him), was of this disgusting creed.

What are you trying to say, that its not a pakistani issue its a an issue with people in the north?
Disgusting idiots!
Oxford isn't London is it? If these men responsible are Pakistanis who are from London then you've got a point, if they Pakistanis from the north who've been doing this stuff in Oxford then you haven't and I'm right. Or it could be another race. They're still technically a minority when it comes to grooming although over-represented.

Lol. Oxford is an archetypal Southern English city (in which our nation's elite are educated).

Best thing about that story is that it might wake up the political class that this is going on nearby the dreaming spires of Brasenose College, and not just simply the dark satanic mills of Bradford and those beastly white working class types..
Original post by Cyanohydrin
the dreaming spires of Brasenose College,..

Ahem. Brasenose College doesn't have any spires, dreaming or otherwise.
Original post by Perseveranze
A judge today said nine men preyed on white girls as young as 13 for sex 'because they were not part of your community or religion' as he jailed them for a total of 77 years.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2141279/Rochdale-child-sex-trial-As-9-men-face-jail-grooming-girls-did-listen-victim.html#ixzz1uP2h97gm

The guy's clearly putting religion and race into it.

NO, the RAPISTS 'put' race and religion into it when they decided to target white girls. You are clearly an apologist for those scum.
Original post by kingsarecool
they targeted white girls because they saw them as easy targets because most white parents are loose with their kids plus some of the girls were very vulnerable.
Asian parents are more over protective with their kids and so therfore it would been to difficult for them to target them.

Racist.
Original post by Good bloke
Ahem. Brasenose College doesn't have any spires, dreaming or otherwise.

What's that in the background? A different college?
Reply 197
Original post by de_monies
That's where you're wrong. If they went to Pakistan, nothing would happen to them. At worst, they pay a "fine" ie: a bribe - besides Pakistan doesn't have Shariah law for the whole country, just Taliban administered areas. If they go to the Arab states, the religious police won't touch them because the Arab states have a very big class issue ie: if you're from the West, you're perceived to have more money, therefore a job etc....

Besides, if you happened to be say a person in the Arab states, and you happened to rape any one, it'd be that person who'd be executed

:s-smilie: Victims are not punished in Saudi Arabia. Biggest myth going around.
Original post by Florrick
:s-smilie: Victims are not punished in Saudi Arabia. Biggest myth going around.

Yes they are, if it is deemed they were immorally engaging in pre marital sex.

de monies is a muslim and a pakistani, why would they lie about what happens in an islamic supposed country when it actually makes the country look bad?
Why do all the threads on these matters keep getting deleted?

Latest

Trending

Trending