The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ben Butler
These men targeted vulnerable white girls from broken families who in their eyes felt 'unloved'.

That doesn't quite square with what the judge said, does it?

He said that the convicted treated the girls

as though they were worthless and beyond respect.

and then

One of the factors leading to that was the fact that they were not part of your community or religion
Re: Rochdale grooming trial: Nine found guilty of child sex charges
Originally Posted by Ray Bradbury
"Mohammed Shafiq, chief executive of of the Ramadhan Foundation accused Pakistani community elders of "burying their heads in the sand" on the issue of on-street grooming.

"There is a significant problem for the British Pakistani community," he said.

"There should be no silence in addressing the issue of race as this is central to the actions of these criminals.

"They think that white teenage girls are worthless and can be abused without a second thought; it is this sort of behaviour that is bringing shame on our community."

Shafiq has nothing to hide. He regularly faces death threats for speaking out on this issue, so I know whos word I'll be taking on wether it is racist or not.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You got a lot of rep for this post I see. But that's not what he was saying last year.

http://www.channel4.com/news/ceop-wa...grooming-study

Mohammed Shafiq, Chief Executive of Muslim youth organisation the Ramadhan Foundation, said: "I welcome the report's finding that these crimes are not exclusively an Asian problem, CEOP's findings that 20 per cent of culprits are Asian, which means 80 per cent are not Asian, this is what we have been saying all along.

"We are disappointed that the media and Politicians seem to only focus on the Asian cases when we should be tackling all these criminals regardless of ethnicity or culture."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your quote was in June 2011, My quote was in May 2012

Here it is http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-17996245
The BNP and EDL have behaved disgustingly throughout this trial. They have used it to spread their racist propaganda by subverting to the stereotype that Asian men are at the forefront of a large majority of sex abuse cases, and that this was a racially targeted attack against white girls.

That is a load of rubbish. These men targeted vulnerable white girls from broken families who in their eyes felt 'unloved'. It is a UK wide problem and is not confined to areas with a high ethnic population such as Rochdale. It's a shame that most of the right wing press can't see this and nor can the racist thugs from BNP and EDL.

why is edl and bnp at the forefront of your rant?

also, bib, the judge disagrees with you there. I suspect he knows more about the case than you. Is he now a bnp/edl member?
Original post by Ray Bradbury

Your quote was in June 2011, My quote was in May 2012

Here it is http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-17996245

You should learn how to quote properly. It's only because I was following this thread that I saw it. Just hit the quote button.

I know it was from June 2011. That's why I said:

You got a lot of rep for this post I see. But that's not what he was saying last year.

In case you were wondering, this is when the media started the whole 'Asian/Muslim sex gangs' furore when the criminals under discussion in the thread were arrested/charged. Everyone else was screaming 'racist', and 'it was an isolated incident', etc.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by marcusfox
You should learn how to quote properly. It's only because I was following this thread that I saw it. Just hit the quote button.

I know it was from June 2011. That's why I said:

That quote from Mohammed Shafique doesn't suggest he changed his mind at all. He was simply saying two different things (shock horror). All cases of child abuse should be investigated regardless of race and yes, there is a specific problem among the Pakistani community as the crimes show. I don't know why you're sticking to this nonsense idea when it's already been debunked by me before, you can see him explain himself here.

In case you were wondering, this is when the media started the whole 'Asian/Muslim sex gangs' furore when the criminals under discussion in the thread were arrested/charged. Everyone else was screaming 'racist', and 'it was an isolated incident', ect.

This is just typical 'PC brigade' hysteria. When these stories were first reported, people latched onto it (especially the far right) in a vicious manner in an attempt to demonise the entire Pakistani/Muslim community and suggest all Muslims were prone to this. They even held rallies and smashed up random Muslim shops in retaliation. Hardly a muted response.
Reply 225
as a muslim i am embarased and all of the muslim community condems this DSGUSTING BEHAVIOUR

IF WE HAD SHARIA LAW THEY WOULD HAVE BEEN HANGED
Original post by Brutal Honesty
That quote from Mohammed Shafique doesn't suggest he changed his mind at all. He was simply saying two different things (shock horror). All cases of child abuse should be investigated regardless of race and yes, there is a specific problem among the Pakistani community as the crimes show. I don't know why you're sticking to this nonsense idea when it's already been debunked by me before, you can see him explain himself here.

This is just typical 'PC brigade' hysteria. When these stories were first reported, people latched onto it (especially the far right) in a vicious manner in an attempt to demonise the entire Pakistani/Muslim community and suggest all Muslims were prone to this. They even held rallies and smashed up random Muslim shops in retaliation. Hardly a muted response.

that wasnt the far right it was local kids. They are sick of their friends and family being groomed and treated/seen as scum by a lot of people in their own country and home town.
Original post by badcheesecrispy
that wasnt the far right it was local kids. They are sick of their friends and family being groomed and treated/seen as scum by a lot of people in their own country and home town.

It was the wrong shop. Also these girls were from care homes, their own parents don't care about them, when they get raped by their (white) boyfriends they don't care about them. They only care about them because the perpetrators were brown and the victims white.
It was the wrong shop. Also these girls were from care homes, their own parents don't care about them, when they get raped by their (white) boyfriends they don't care about them. They only care about them because the perpetrators were brown and the victims white.

where does it say they were raped by white boyfriends? You sound very stupid here aswell as uninformed :rolleyes:

oh and they wernt all from care homes, infact i think most of them wernt. 'dysfunctional family' doesnt mean no family and it also doesnt mean a family that doesnt care about or love a person.
also, someone spending time in care doesnt mean under any circumstances their parents dont love them or care about them. I knew a girl who was out of control behaviour wise and her mum couldnt cope put her in care for 3 months to teach her a lesson, she went home after that and everything sorted out. Her mum saw her all the time whilst she was there.

of course, there are kids in care who arnt in this situation and have no parents.
People rape and traffic young girls ruining their lives...what do? Stick them in a room for a few years. Justice is it not?

They would be dead by now in pakistan. But lets not talk about that, because death for people who commit such acts is soo cruel! They have rights didn't cha know?

Edit: to the guy i quoted sorry dunno why i did that, meant to create a whole new post :s-smilie:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by badcheesecrispy
where does it say they were raped by white boyfriends? You sound very stupid here aswell as uninformed :rolleyes:

oh and they wernt all from care homes, infact i think most of them wernt. 'dysfunctional family' doesnt mean no family and it also doesnt mean a family that doesnt care about or love a person.

Do you know nothing about rape? 1 in 4 women have been raped/sexually assaulted and the majority have been carried out by their boyfriend/husband. Why no-one cares about this is beyond me. Oh no wait, it's because you can't slag off Pakistanis this way.
Original post by DarkTitan
People rape and traffic young girls ruining their lives...what do? Stick them in a room for a few years. Justice is it not?

They would be dead by now in pakistan. But lets not talk about that, because death for people who commit such acts is soo cruel! They have rights didn't cha know?

They have received long sentences, death is too easy. Hard labour for life.
The BNP and EDL have behaved disgustingly throughout this trial. They have used it to spread their racist propaganda by subverting to the stereotype that Asian men are at the forefront of a large majority of sex abuse cases, and that this was a racially targeted attack against white girls.

That is a load of rubbish. These men targeted vulnerable white girls from broken families who in their eyes felt 'unloved'. It is a UK wide problem and is not confined to areas with a high ethnic population such as Rochdale. It's a shame that most of the right wing press can't see this and nor can the racist thugs from BNP and EDL.

Better than what UAF have been doing.
Do you know nothing about rape? 1 in 4 women have been raped/sexually assaulted and the majority have been carried out by their boyfriend/husband. Why no-one cares about this is beyond me. Oh no wait, it's because you can't slag off Pakistanis this way.

we arnt discussing rape statistics or rape in general we're discussing on street grooming of young white girls, and the protests against this particular case.
They have received long sentences, death is too easy. Hard labour for life.

Long sentences? People value their lives more and think twice if they know it's easily lost. All this shows is if wait a few years and you can be released on good behaviour. Justice indeed
Reply 236

Have a listen.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b011jrhf

You're right. It is being neglected.
Original post by shaksmo
disgusting indeed!

Original post by Endodontics
Disgusting indeed!

Original post by Fynch101
disgusting indeed!!!!!!

Original post by Reform
Disgusting indeed!!!!!!!!!

indeed.

does 1 in 4 women somehow mean 1 in 4 teenage white girls in northern (heavily pakistani populated :wink:) deprived areas?
According to muslims, if you believe that Allah is the only God and that Mohammad was the true prophet then you're a Muslim. So yes, these are Muslims :smile:
and racist ones at that.
and peadophiles, too.
and evil.
and they look like creeps.
:mad:

Latest