The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AkaJetson
I said 5.6% of arrests in that year. Which it clearly says there.
Also I never said Asians perform better than Whites.

From those stats:

White
People over 10 - 88.6%
Arrested - 76.9%

Black
People over 10 - 2.7%
Arrested - 8%

Asian
People over 10 - 5.6%
Arrested - 5.6%

Mixed
People over 10 - 1.4%
Arrested - 2.9%

Chinese and Other
People over 10 - 1.6%
Arrested - 1.5%

Blacks arrested 3.41 times more than whites
Asians arrested 1.15 times more than whites
Mixed arrested 2.38 times more than whites
Chinese arrested 1.08 times more than whites

Still third place.

7.1% of the prison population but 5.6% of arrests in 2009/10. This is clearly an improvement.

I'm not going to bother. Still more likely to go to prison.

Agreed, TSR seems far too disproportionately obsessed with Asians committing crimes.
http://www.justice.gov.uk/downloads/statistics/mojstats/stats-race-cjs-2010.pdf
Look on page 11, you'll see Asians were 5.6% of the population and were 5.6% of the arrests in that year. Yet all we do is get abuse on tsr lol.

It's not just tsr we get abuse from, we get it from everywhere
Original post by marcusfox
What are you supposed to do? Certainly not what a lot of people on TSR have been doing and denying that Asians are disproportionately represented in this type of offence and consequently that it is not a problem.

Oh yes, just for balance, excepting child grooming crimes, in relation to their proportion in this country, black people do commit more crimes than Asians do. Happy now?

You should look at the statistics posted by matey boy below your post. What they show is that every ethnic minority in this country is over represented in the prison population compared to white people. In fact Asians are in third place, behind black and mixed.

Okay cool, I know that it is mostly Asians doing this form of crime and I think it is sick. Awesome now what? You still going to bash me for being Pakistani? White people should stop being so racist to everyone and thinking that they're on a higher level than the rest of humanity.
Original post by Theoneoranro
Okay cool, I know that it is mostly Asians doing this form of crime and I think it is sick. Awesome now what? You still going to bash me for being Pakistani?

No, why would I? I have nothing against the vast majority of Pakistanis, or any other ethnic minority in Britain?

White people should stop being so racist to everyone and thinking that they're on a higher level than the rest of humanity

You know what's so ironic? One of the rapists on trial said something almost exactly like this.
(edited 11 years ago)
No, why would I? I have nothing against the vast majority of Pakistanis, or any other ethnic minority in Britain?

You know what's so ironic? One of the rapists on trial said something almost exactly like this.

Well the only difference is that i'm a quater white italian so I can say whatever the heck I want about my own race.
Reply 306
Original post by Cricnec
I've also come to notice that when rapists/grooming gangs arn't named you can pretty much guarantee that there Asian. A similar thing happens with Asian men who hang outside clubs pretending to be taxi drivers,which is also a problem. I honestly believe that any girl who gets into a taxi alone with an Asian driver (licensed or not) must be mental.

That is very different from my experience here in Amsterdam. On many of the occasions after I have visited a bar I have gone home in a taxi driven by a Pakistani man (and on the one occasion I was driven home by an Afghan man) I have never felt afraid or been assaulted. And over here the taxis do not even have barriers between the driver and the passenger like in London?

How come they don't make a law in the north of England to specify that there must always be a glass barrier between the taxi driver and the passenger to protect both parties (like how it is in London)? Also, why would these people pretend to be taxi drivers if they specifically wanted to speak to the women - surely it would make more sense just to go into the specific bar/club in question and speak to the women there?
Well the only difference is that i'm a quater white italian so I can say whatever the heck I want about my own race.

Funny, further up when AKAJetson said...

Look on page 11, you'll see Asians were 5.6% of the population and were 5.6% of the arrests in that year. Yet all we do is get abuse on tsr lol.

...you were Asian. As evidenced by your reply...

It's not just tsr we get abuse from, we get it from everywhere

Are you calling 1/4 white Italians and 3/4 Asians racist? Because that's 'your own race'.

I think it's very strange how you can be white when you want to call 'your own race' racist, and Asian when it comes to 'taking abuse'.
(edited 11 years ago)
It's interesting how people like to pick up on race in cases like these- ''oh my god, some disgusting bastards raped a girl...and ****, they're [insert race here]! Should have known..."

People should try focusing on the actual crime committed as opposed to the ethnicity of the perpetrator. If anything, you're detracting from the harm they've caused and somewhat alleviating their responsibility by applying it to the fact they're Asian, Black, White, and so on. In other words, making out like it's expected.

It's disgusting regardless of ethnicity. Bringing race into it is really ****ing stupid in my opinion...as I said before, if anything, you're just making the actions more 'acceptable' for certain ethnic groups.

Accept the fact that the actions are horrendous and the crimes committed are on a horrific level...no need to minimise it by bringing in the skin colour.

Also, just as a last comment...I'm white and lived most of my life in South Africa so I don't make these comments out of ignorance. I'm just well aware that people love to blame ethnic groups as opposed to the actions of one vile perpetrator.
(edited 11 years ago)
Funny, further up when AKAJetson said...

...you were Asian. As evidenced by your reply...

Are you calling 1/4 white Italians and 3/4 Asians racist? Because that's 'your own race'.

I think it's very strange how you can be white when you want to call 'your own race' racist, and Asian when it comes to 'taking abuse'.

I am asian. My grandma is italian, my mum is half italian half pakistani and my dad is pakistani. So i'm more asian than white but i'm still a bit white. Understand now? And I think you'll find a lot of people criticise their own race. I criticise things about pakistanis and I do the same for whites but I don't do it to a race that is not associated with me because it is unfair and offensive. You need to learn to do the same and show respect. I also think Pakistanis are too racist and too conservative aswell. Infact in the end of the day I think the majority of humans are barbaric and racist.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 310
Original post by Ray Bradbury
"Mohammed Shafiq, chief executive of of the Ramadhan Foundation accused Pakistani community elders of "burying their heads in the sand" on the issue of on-street grooming.

"There is a significant problem for the British Pakistani community," he said.

"There should be no silence in addressing the issue of race as this is central to the actions of these criminals.

"They think that white teenage girls are worthless and can be abused without a second thought; it is this sort of behaviour that is bringing shame on our community."

Shafiq has nothing to hide. He regularly faces death threats for speaking out on this issue, so I know whos word I'll be taking on wether it is racist or not.

Ahuuum, notice that he has to ignore the teachings and examples of muhamad in order to claim those things.

But of course its the religious duty required of all muslims to practice al taqqiya (lying) to disguise islams teachings, history and agenda when muslims are not in sufficient numbers to get away with carrying out the intolerant and murderous commands of islam.
Original post by badcheesecrispy
yes, because I as a white am the MAJORITY by 86% in this country, something you keep choosing to ignore

edit: if you go to say china or west africa, will the majority of sex offenders be white there too? Answered your own question there

Well , i could point you to the direction of Thailand, cambodia,vietnam and the numerous white british men ( a tiny minority over there) arressted for child sex crimes
then offer names such as Malcolm Henry Payne Robert Alexander Horsman, Norman Wallis, David Taylor, Paul Cornelius Jones, Alan Charles Mawson, Roderick William Robinson, Sean McMahon, obviously Paul Francis Gad ('Gary Giltter')

Its a massive probelm it seems for East asian countries, if you ask them a lot bigger issue of british paedephilles of white europeann ethnicity than anything else, certainly a bigger problem than we have with pakistanis here.
All these names were found in barely 2 minutes looking on google
What? The source I was using made no mention of differentiating South Asian by Indian, Pakistani or any other group, and certainly not as specific as picking out occupations in the Irish section of the population.

We are not trying to judge people on their ethnicity. We are not trying to judge you on yours.

We are simply pointing out that certain ethnicities are over represented in the statistics when it comes to this parcticular crime. Almost 15 times, in fact.

Do you not think that there may be certain religious and/or cultural aspects to these crimes that have so far been ignored, or silenced by the cries of 'racism' and 'islamophobia'?

I said to you if you look into crime figures for 'asians' and pull them apart i can bet you that indian, sri lankan nepalese etc will fall well below national and proprtional average for offending and below white british ethnicity too. effectively you are trying to compare a tiny ethnic group like 'White british' to a massively diverse one 'Asian' which covers a land space and source popualtion of nearly a million times - works for the bnp who like skewed statistics so they and try get some political capital out of it
Okay cool, I know that it is mostly Asians doing this form of crime and I think it is sick. Awesome now what? You still going to bash me for being Pakistani? White people should stop being so racist to everyone and thinking that they're on a higher level than the rest of humanity.

You've already been pwned in this one, but your statement is highly hypocritical and ironic. No one has bashed you or anyone for being a pakistani, they have also pointed out of course not all pakistanis are involved in this.

You however, have said 'white people should stop....'- clearly generalizing all white people as being racist. Shows your own racism there.
I am asian. My grandma is italian, my mum is half italian half pakistani and my dad is pakistani. So i'm more asian than white but i'm still a bit white. Understand now? And I think you'll find a lot of people criticise their own race. I criticise things about pakistanis and I do the same for whites but I don't do it to a race that is not associated with me because it is unfair and offensive. You need to learn to do the same and show respect. I also think Pakistanis are too racist and too conservative aswell. Infact in the end of the day I think the majority of humans are barbaric and racist.

So now a person can only be critical of their own race, yet if you are lucky enough to be say half combodian 1/4 north korean, you can critisize both?

Seriously, you are embarrassing yourself.
Its disgusting. Its their cultural values that are too blame, in my opinion. The Pakistani men involved in these sort of crimes hold onto primitive, backward views on women that they have brought over from some desolate village in Pakistan.
So now a person can only be critical of their own race, yet if you are lucky enough to be say half combodian 1/4 north korean, you can critisize both?

Seriously, you are embarrassing yourself.

Yes you can. You're white so you can criticise your own race. I'm 1/4 white so I have the licence to criticise white people as well as Pakistanis, get over it. If you were mixed race you could do the same thing.

I am not racist for criticising the white race because racism is when you despise a race and since I have white in me I obviously don't. BTW you've been generalising Pakistanis this whole thread so isn't that racist?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by I-Am-A-Tripod
Well , i could point you to the direction of Thailand, cambodia,vietnam and the numerous white british men ( a tiny minority over there) arressted for child sex crimes
then offer names such as Malcolm Henry Payne Robert Alexander Horsman, Norman Wallis, David Taylor, Paul Cornelius Jones, Alan Charles Mawson, Roderick William Robinson, Sean McMahon, obviously Paul Francis Gad ('Gary Giltter')

Its a massive probelm it seems for East asian countries, if you ask them a lot bigger issue of british paedephilles of white europeann ethnicity than anything else, certainly a bigger problem than we have with pakistanis here.
All these names were found in barely 2 minutes looking on google

we arnt discussing this though, stop diverting the question which was would the majority of sex offenders be white in a non white majority country like cambodia or africa. Obviously the answer is no, so white people arnt more likely to be a sex offender than anyone else.

Also you are referring to tourism you idiot not loads of brits actually moving to these places.
Yes you can. You're white so you can criticise your own race. I'm 1/4 white so I have the licence to criticise white people as well as Pakistanis, get over it. If you were mixed race you could do the same thing.

I am not racist for criticising the white race because racism is when you dispise a race and since I have white in me I obviously don't. BTW you've been generalising Pakistanis this whole thread so isn't that racist?

No, it doesnt work like that. In this country you critisize who you want, critisism isnt racism.

Just because you have white in you doesnt mean that at all. I'd say you are 3/4 asian so are pretty much asian. You are more asian than white, so no you arnt white and according to you dont have the right to critisize white people.

As I said, you generalized white people by saying they are all racist and think they are better than everyone else, yet you were complaining people were doing that to pakistanis, when no one has.
we arnt discussing this though, stop diverting the question which was would the majority of sex offenders be white in a non white majority country like cambodia or africa. Obviously the answer is no, so white people arnt more likely to be a sex offender than anyone else.

Also you are referring to tourism you idiot not loads of brits actually moving to these places.

Yeh, nice strawman. Thailand is a non white majority country dimwit

Dont like facts all of a sudden?
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending