The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SpongebobSquarepan
Absolute scum. Imagine the uproar if a white person did this in a muslim dominated country. There would be chopped of heads everywhere.

That's where you're wrong. If they went to Pakistan, nothing would happen to them. At worst, they pay a "fine" ie: a bribe - besides Pakistan doesn't have Shariah law for the whole country, just Taliban administered areas. If they go to the Arab states, the religious police won't touch them because the Arab states have a very big class issue ie: if you're from the West, you're perceived to have more money, therefore a job etc....

Besides, if you happened to be say a person in the Arab states, and you happened to rape any one, it'd be that person who'd be executed
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by im so academic
Deport them all. Let Saudi Arabia or whatever deal with them.

You're username is so ironic now
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 122
Original post by tamimi
Preparation of a minor with intention of sex. E.g. Arranging a meeting with an underage person with the intention of sex.

Example scenario: An adult arranges a meeting with a minor via a chat room with the intention of having sex with the minor (It's the same charge with or without consent of sex).

ADD: Good Bloke beat me to it. 2 Posts above.

Why do these minors keep agreeing to meet up with strangers on the internet for sex? :confused:
Original post by Perseveranze
Nvm, just double checked, It's talking about the initial case, the girls testimony wasn't considered credible (according to the Jury).

I guess that's why they won't take exaggerations as an option this time round.

I think it was wrong for him to blame a whole race for the actions of a few.

No, it was the British Pakistan head of prosecution who declared it not credible.
Original post by Perseveranze
A judge today said nine men preyed on white girls as young as 13 for sex 'because they were not part of your community or religion' as he jailed them for a total of 77 years.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2141279/Rochdale-child-sex-trial-As-9-men-face-jail-grooming-girls-did-listen-victim.html#ixzz1uP2h97gm

The guy's clearly putting religion and race into it.

Why are you so bigoted, ill informed and half witted?

He said that because its true, a British Pakistani himself had admitted it (not just one either), no one blamed a whole race they all said the Pakistani community need to speak up instead of burying their heads in the sand to protect their so called 'honour' which after this story is going to be practically non existant to the majority of the GBP. BBC News had an Iman and another pakistani origin man telling the community they condemn these actions.

I know you are meant/want to be an islamic martyr (although you give Islam an awful name), but you are very ignorant and deliberately blind if you cannot see this is an issue that needs to be tackled.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Zeffy
Funny really, Nick Griffin highlighted the ongoing grooming of underage girls for sex by Pakistani men years ago and was called a racist for it and vilified in the media.

Unsurprisingly, it turns out Mr Griffin was correct.

Thats the evil dragon in the room that is political correctness. See the BBC still referring to the BNP as 'far right', and portraying it as similar creed to a terrorist organisation.

Morons.
Original post by Zeffy
Funny really, Nick Griffin highlighted the ongoing grooming of underage girls for sex by Pakistani men years ago and was called a racist for it and vilified in the media.

Unsurprisingly, it turns out Mr Griffin was correct.

A stopped clock shows the right time twice a day...

IMO it's not so much griffin being right as the establishment being wrong... the word on the street was that pakistani men in some areas of britain were operating rape gangs and trafficking rings for years, but because the people complaining about it were members of the the much maligned white working class it was written off as ignorant racism.

The lesson should be don't jump to conclusions based on preconcieved biasses over people being members of a 'victim group' or a 'victimiser group'. anyone could be telling you the truth and you won't know until you stop howling them down for 'racism' and actually investigate.
it is being reported in the foreign press that this gang had over 600 victims!

http://www.corriere.it/esteri/12_maggio_09/retata-gran-bretagna-gruppo-stupratori-centri-accoglienza_3cf0eb20-99a4-11e1-85ab-3c2c8bfb44fd.shtml

the site is in italian, you need to use google translator

why is this fact not being reported in the UK press
(edited 11 years ago)
Mohammed Sajid, 35, of Rochdale, was sentenced to 12 years for rape, six years for conspiracy, one year for trafficking and six years, all concurrent, for sexual activity with a child.
Known as 'Saj', he would regularly ply victims with alcohol before having sex with them at his flat, where groups of men would gather and 'pass around' the girls. He will be deported back to Pakistan following the conclusion of his sentence.

Illegal immigrant Hamid Safi, 22, of no fixed address, was jailed for four years for conspiracy and one year, concurrently, for trafficking.
He sneaked into the UK on a lorry in 2008 and claimed to have fled Afghanistan because his uncle was murdered by the Taliban. He was released from a detention centre in Birmingham in March 2009 when he moved to Rochdale.
Safi will be deported back to Afghanistan following his sentence.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2141279/Rochdale-child-sex-trial-As-9-men-face-jail-grooming-girls-did-listen-victim.html#ixzz1uP2h97gm

Possibly the best news to come out of this disgusting story!!!!!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 129
Original post by Stefan1991
Why do these minors keep agreeing to meet up with strangers on the internet for sex? :confused:

Quite frankly it's simply a sociological/psychological issue. The victims were described as "From broken homes".

Victims would probably be seeking abode in a stranger as a family figure because the biological family was incapable of providing them with their needs.

Well, that's just one theory..
Reply 130
Original post by tamimi
Quite frankly it's simply a sociological/psychological issue. The victims were described as "From broken homes".

Victims would probably be seeking abode in a stranger as a family figure because the biological family was incapable of providing them with their needs.

So these strangers were satisfying their sociological/psychological needs?
Original post by badcheesecrispy
Mohammed Sajid, 35, of Rochdale, was sentenced to 12 years for rape, six years for conspiracy, one year for trafficking and six years, all concurrent, for sexual activity with a child.
Known as 'Saj', he would regularly ply victims with alcohol before having sex with them at his flat, where groups of men would gather and 'pass around' the girls. He will be deported back to Pakistan following the conclusion of his sentence.

Illegal immigrant Hamid Safi, 22, of no fixed address, was jailed for four years for conspiracy and one year, concurrently, for trafficking.
He sneaked into the UK on a lorry in 2008 and claimed to have fled Afghanistan because his uncle was murdered by the Taliban. He was released from a detention centre in Birmingham in March 2009 when he moved to Rochdale.
Safi will be deported back to Afghanistan following his sentence.

Possibly the best news to come out of this disgusting story!!!!!

I can't see them being deported, they will argue that it would be against their human rights:angry:
Reply 132
Original post by Stefan1991
So these strangers were satisfying their sociological/psychological needs?

I expect that the youngster thought they might.

Another side of the coin was mentioned in court according to news sources that the victims were smothered with "gifts and money". So that was also a factor I expect.

Child grooming as a whole is different in each case. But the general formula is that the predator would find a niche in the victim's needs and promise to fulfil it by some method.

If you're interested in this sort of sociology, read more about Abraham Maslow's papers on aspiration and essential needs of the modern human.
Search "Maslow's hierarchy of needs" and go from there.
its way more common than people even realise or care to notice

parents - monitor your daughters more closely, that really is the only way of trying to prevent this. i promise you.
Thats the evil dragon in the room that is political correctness. See the BBC still referring to the BNP as 'far right', and portraying it as similar creed to a terrorist organisation.

Morons.

But the BNP IS far right socially. They're only left wing economically. Imo, a country can not progress without at least a slightly right wing view of economics. Left wing economically would mean subsidising things that just aren't economical, making sure that the "working man" gets paid the same as the "professional man" etc... whereas extreme right wing social views would mean things like deporting people just because they are different, stirring hatred, causing segregation etc...

Imo, a country moves forwards a lot better when you have some right wing economics and at least some central view socially
Why are you so bigoted, ill informed and half witted?

The irony of this statement :biggrin:

He said that because its true, a British Pakistani himself had admitted it (not just one either), no one blamed a whole race they all said the Pakistani community need to speak up instead of burying their heads in the sand to protect their so called 'honour' which after this story is going to be practically non existant to the majority of the GBP. BBC News had an Iman and another pakistani origin man telling the community they condemn these actions.

So you admit the judge did bring race/religion into it? That's all this was about, please learn to read a post before making yourself look stupid and misquoting it.

I know you are meant/want to be an islamic martyr (although you give Islam an awful name), but you are very ignorant and deliberately blind if you cannot see this is an issue that needs to be tackled.

I don't think you quite understand what an Islamic martyr is. I doubt you'd have the basic intellect to. As for ignorance and blindness, again, the irony of this is telling.

The issue as I've stated is that

a) People are generalizing, out of ignorance and bigotted motivation.

b) The girls and the few people involved are both to blame. The girls could easily (even at 13) have said "no" to getting into a strange, unknown man's car. It's common sense.
(edited 11 years ago)
My stepdad is from Jordan (Moved here with his parents when he was a kid) and is a Muslim. He was telling me that this is more a Pakistani/Afghan thing than specifically Muslim. Arab Muslims in Britain tend to be from a more educated backgrounds while the Pakistani ones aren't. They're mostly farmers from real backward areas.
Labour MP for Rochdale, Simon Danczuk, said he has had to throw Asian men out of his office for the way they have spoken about young white girls.
'There is a culture that exists, I believe, within the Asian community,' he told BBC Radio 5 Live.
'There is no doubt about it, race is a key factor in this. Time after time research suggests that this is an issue in the Asian community and there is a small group of Asian men who have a particular view about young white girls that is completely unacceptable.
'We have had people coming into my surgery to make representations. The way have spoken about white girls has been so unacceptable that I have practically had to throw them out.
'They have made derogatory comments about young white girls that I have not heard made by other men. This is not a one off case.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2141740/Rochdale-child-sex-trial-Police-fears-branded-racist-left-grooming-gang-free-abuse-teenage-girls-years-says-Labour-MP.html#ixzz1uPXW6q6Z
Original post by tamimi

Balls. I'm from a normal nuclear family and have in the past looked for sexual encounters online.
No, it was the British Pakistan head of prosecution who declared it not credible.

Mancunian Matters
Nazir Afzal, chief crown prosecutor for the North West, said: "In relation to that victim I can understand her concerns. I do more than that, I regret those concerns and I would apologise to her personally.

"I recognise the lawyer who dealt with the decision back in 2008 formed a view about whether a jury would believe her. I take a different view."

In July 2009 a CPS lawyer decided not to charge the two men because he thought a jury would not find her ‘credible’ despite police finding three separate samples of Hassan’s DNA in her underwear.

The police also failed to appeal against this decision and girls continued to be abused by the gang until more allegations came to light in 2010.

The botched inquiry is being investigated by the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC).

Mr Afzal said the decision not to proceed occurred before his arrival in the region, however after taking up his post he reviewed the case and decided to overturn the ‘wrong’ as he believed the victim was ‘entirely credible’.

Idiocy befalls idiots.

Latest

Trending

Trending