The Student Room Group

As Level ICT exam

Scroll to see replies

how did everyone find the exam ? /: !
Really easy actually, I think the grade boundaries are going to be ridiculously high.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by THEEIGTHWONDER
Really easy actually, I think the grade boundaries are going to be ridiculously high.

i dont think so.... :/ they have always stayed stably at about 60% for an A
Reply 43
Original post by THEEIGTHWONDER

What exam board did you do ?? I did OCR and found the exam quite good although i find it really hard to tell how well i have done
Original post by _holly_
What exam board did you do ?? I did OCR and found the exam quite good although i find it really hard to tell how well i have done

i did ocr i didnt find it THAT good plus we were only expecting one essay :/
Reply 45
I think the grade boundary will drop for the OCR ICT exam, there where some right nasty questions in there. I feel I got around a C/B which isn't good enough. Hopefully the boundaries drop and I can pick up and A, as my coursework is currently at an A.
Did it with OCR, not challenging at all. Would be absolutely kicking myself If I didn't get 100%!

Reply 47
The only thing I struggled with was the 16 mark one with the website design. Although the concept was easy, I couldn't help but feel I hadn't written, or made enough points to be worth 16 marks. Other than that it was really easy! :biggrin:

^ That was for AQA INFO1 btw XD
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 48
I found the OCR exam quite easy, best 11 mark questions ever!
I was happy not to get any questions on the laws but i'm not too sure on my mark for the "Natural Language Interface" and the question about the Plotter. My theory teacher didn't even teach us about plotters!
Reply 49
Original post by sahajkaur
i did ocr i didnt find it THAT good plus we were only expecting one essay :/

I was totally expecting it!! + the first one was an explain question not a discuss question so you didn't need to do advantages, disadvantages etc .. I made that mistake last time so I made sure I didn't do it again! :tongue:
Reply 50
Original post by James3110
I was totally expecting it!! + the first one was an explain question not a discuss question so you didn't need to do advantages, disadvantages etc .. I made that mistake last time so I made sure I didn't do it again! :tongue:

:eek: What were we supposed to write?! Just harmful things, not the good side?!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 51
Original post by sahajkaur
1NF: data is atomic, no repeating fields, primary key
2NF: 1NF and all non key items can be found out used the entire primary key (to remove dependencies on partial keys :smile: )
3NF: 2NF and all non key items are fully dependent on the primary key :smile: (like school code and name doesn't depend on student ID so that is made into a different table)

Ugh, should've looked at TSR before my exam.
Reply 52
Original post by al0
:eek: What were we supposed to write?! Just harmful things, not the good side?!

Unfortunately yes I think so .. The question was EXPLAIN how the internet could harm teenagers wasn't it? But I don't think it would matter too much .. On the Jan 2012 paper there were two 11 mark questions aswell and OCR said : "It appeared that some candidates looked at the number of marks available, the number of lines and decided to answer in a discussion style. Whilst this did not preclude them from obtaining marks, it did make it more difficult."
Reply 53
Ur all dumb ict is not valued haha
Reply 54
Mmmm doing computing which would rape urr itsy bitty course
Reply 55
Oh yes u need it for computer science not ICT
im taking this a year early so quite the cockiness guys 'i'll be kicking myself if I didn't get 100%' get over yourself. We weren't taught the theory at all really and we were told there would only be one essay question this year as they changed the spec so I wasn't expecting it all but yeah seems like i was the only one who feels like theyve cocked it up :/
Original post by Ben_K
I think the grade boundary will drop for the OCR ICT exam, there where some right nasty questions in there. I feel I got around a C/B which isn't good enough. Hopefully the boundaries drop and I can pick up and A, as my coursework is currently at an A.

I feel that exam had stuff in it I wasn't prepared, so questions were easy and also looking through markschemes they're always so subjective as for the same questions different markschemes from different years have different answers so how are you supposed to predict the examiner's mind but hey ho I did my best :smile:
Original post by atti.08
OCR is silly because they put in questions that's not on the syllabus? I've never learnt about the advantages of a graphic library. The words graphic library aren't even in the OCR ICT book which I think is pointless. I honestly think child hating people work at OCR :redface:

Exactly! The book supposedly 'written by senior examiners' has nothing useful in it! The only reason I knew the answer was because I googled it :angry: I hate OCR because the mark schemes change so much, it's really not fair. None of the acts came up which I prepared thoroughly. Also our centre got sent a notice saying the exam had been updated to only have one 11 mark essay in it :frown:
Reply 59
Abandon ship after AS.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending