The Student Room Group

As Level ICT exam

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by atti.08
We did coding but the teacher gave us the coding. We also had all the formulas on the database. I think my teacher made it easy :wink: ours was about futuretastic amusement park or something. Zappo the wonder phone roller coaster :wink:

LOL that's where it's different you see .. my teacher was so annoying and didn't help at all when we did it last year! Some people who redid their cw this year from january - deadline day all got 80 marks cos he helped so much :\ At least it sounds fun! We had to do it about a boring school haha
Reply 121
Original post by atti.08
It was, we had to find suitable pictures for a brain ride. :biggrin: we got to fix our coursework for the little marks we might of missed. Are we cheating? :biggrin: haha we overtook this thread :smile:

You are slightly but I won't tell :teehee: Oh well !! xD When did you do gcse ict?
Reply 122
Original post by atti.08
Good haha. :wink: last year! :biggrin: they lost my units so a week before they had to be handed in I had to do it all over again. :frown:

My teacher lost my AS work lol(all of it) and then told me the day before it was due :\ Are you in year 11 or 12?
Original post by GreenLantern1
OH yes mate. You have a whole coursework module and we have 2 exams so it is harder on AQA. Eerybody knows that. So if I am getting 100%s in Year 11 you lot have got issues. And I have done the exam and I looked at the OCR one online as someone put it up and it was really quite easy (especially compared to your past papers and AQA) so you lot have got it easy. Now **** off I don't talk to ignorant little children.

I wasn't being condescending you **** I was explaining that just because a lot of the people on here are better than you and aim higher and they can easily get an A so aim for 100% you do't need to disregard it simply because it is out of your wildest dreams!

Good Luck with your result

......a failed result that is hehe

This is what I mean you little pussy hole that unless you do the exam you cant know about its difficulty. Just looking through it isnt enough and for your information 'mate' I wouldnt be so condescending if I were you because you don't know where everyone is headed. I love how you have the right to assume you're 'better than me' just because youre getting 100% on a pissy little unit I dont even know. I am actually predicted all A*s and I normally do get 100% just not in this subject. So you need to get a life and stop being such a cocky prick. I hope you have fun with your Us with amount of cockiness youre showing. ****ing dick
OH yes mate. You have a whole coursework module and we have 2 exams so it is harder on AQA. Eerybody knows that. So if I am getting 100%s in Year 11 you lot have got issues. And I have done the exam and I looked at the OCR one online as someone put it up and it was really quite easy (especially compared to your past papers and AQA) so you lot have got it easy. Now **** off I don't talk to ignorant little children.

I wasn't being condescending you **** I was explaining that just because a lot of the people on here are better than you and aim higher and they can easily get an A so aim for 100% you do't need to disregard it simply because it is out of your wildest dreams!

Good Luck with your result

......a failed result that is hehe

You have issues mate such a little prick. I bet she's actually smarter than you. Little faggots like you make the world a bad place
Reply 125
Original post by atti.08
If that happened to me I would take them to court ;D I'm in year 12 :smile: if I could go back to gcse now I would ace them :biggrin:

Even worse my ICT teacher was my form tutor lool -_- I would probably think that aswell when i'm in your position! :biggrin:
Hhaa just noticed Green Lanterns been banned. Lol! That's what ya get you little ****. Anyway good luck for results day everyone :biggrin: Do you know if we get our UMS/raw mark with our result or do we have to wait til we go back to school for our teachers to tell us? I've heard claims about both but when i did maths early last year I only got a grade (but that was a GCSE so might be different for A level). Anyone got any ideas?!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 127
Oooh good luck with your INFO1.

INFO2 I personally find easier as it is just theory and reckon I should get an A in this exam (hopefully 100%) but as long as it is 90+ really.

You started past papers yet?

We have been doing a lot of past papers for Info2 this past two weeks :smile:
I just need to work on learning all terminology and working on that last essay question.
Reply 128
Original post by atti.08
We did websites for the small one, we had to do coding but the teacher gave us it. We also had all the formulas on the database. I think my teacher made it easy :wink: ours was about futuretastic amusement park or something. Zappo the wonder phone roller coaster :wink:

I did that one too, but our teachers weren't allowed to help us AT ALL. Why are my school's teachers so frustrating! Not telling us our coursework grades, helping us with the coursework or giving us extra time to get extra marks. (Rant over)
Reply 129
Original post by atti.08
Hahaha! We got told everything and just the annotation needed to be done by us. Lucky meee ;D do you not even know the numbers you got for the coursework?

We were told nothing, absolutely nothing. We just had to get on with the coursework ourselves and figure it all out.
Original post by al0
We were told nothing, absolutely nothing. We just had to get on with the coursework ourselves and figure it all out.

Is it bad that we were given 'similar but different'(as our teacher called it) feedback on our cw? So we could make changes before we handed it in? Haha
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by atti.08
I did similar but different too! :biggrin:

Haha :biggrin: we got taught all the skills like that too! And sorted out any problems :wink:
Reply 132
Original post by atti.08
I did similar but different too! :biggrin:

Same here haha !! :biggrin:
Original post by atti.08
Woo :biggrin: my teacher told me the answers to that as well ahahah. The database similar but different went belly up and I kinda messed up the form and the formulas it was a disaster looll. That's when i thought I had no hope in ICT :biggrin:

our teacher made THE WORST similar but different EVER -_- haha yeah databases was defo harder :biggrin: did you get full marks then? with all the extensive tweeking i thought i would have but no avail unfortunately :frown:
Original post by atti.08
We had the best! It was almost exactly the same for the spreadsheet task, formulas and everything but the teacher made it into a CD shop lol :') nooo I didn't get full marks because he only let us tweak the 1 or 2 mark things like if you did the wrong screenshot or missed out something in your annotation :smile: but if you were couple marks off an A, he'd let you get to an A then he wouldn't let you make it better lol :smile: he was sick of us ;D

It was sooo bad! Ours was making it us as he went along. We were like errr...what the **** are you doing :L haha we had no idea for the query -_- how did you do?
Original post by atti.08
How did I do overall on the coursework? I got 68 I wasn't allowed to make it better :s-smilie: what about you?:smile:

yeah :smile: wow well done! and he got me to tweak so many things so i was like yes full marks :L but i got 71 which im still really happy about :biggrin:
Original post by JOftw
We have been doing a lot of past papers for Info2 this past two weeks :smile:
I just need to work on learning all terminology and working on that last essay question.

Is this for Aqa? Because I done the info 2 on Monday. I thought it went well, I understood the questions but I'm not sure if I answered them very well. I really really really hope I do well!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 137
Reading about all these high marks for the coursework, is making me worried lol How much help did you get for the coursework?? Anyone?

Reply 138
Original post by atti.08
I got help with the modelling part, like creating the spreadsheet/website/database. But I didn't have help with the annotation :smile: and i did get to make it a few marks higher after the mark scheme came in, what about you?

I didn't really get help we just used similar but different... Everytime I asked for help, my teacher told me to search it up :s-smilie: and if someone else tried to help me I would get shouted at :frown:

Original post by Yolofied
I didn't really get help we just used similar but different... Everytime I asked for help, my teacher told me to search it up :s-smilie: and if someone else tried to help me I would get shouted at :frown:

awww i feel so sorry for you! we were like spoon fed!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending