Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why are so many British people supporting Bayern over Chelsea?

Announcements Posted on
    • 84 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think my avatar says it all :sexface:
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kopite493)
    yes you do

the only team in your league you should want success for is your own, and quite frankly using other countries as an example is ridiculous they should follow are example its our sport after all...

how to put this if you saw two people holding onto the edge of a building you know one of them and hate there guts but you have only really heard of the other one so cant form an opinion on the matter you obviously save the one you dont know right?
    'It's our sport'. :lolwut:

It ceased being 'our' sport somewhere between losing 6-3 to Hungary, watching Brazil win five World Cups, losing to the USA, hiring Fabio Capello and playing the world's worst ever match of football against Algeria.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aquinas)
    Because Chelsea are the antithesis of what many football fans believe a club should be and stand for, that's why.
    Hell, even as a Chelsea fan I agree with this...:erm:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    One reason I'm routing for Bayern. I predicted they'd win the competition. My satisfaction in being correct far outweighs my desire for an English side to win the Champion's League.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    United supporter here, hoping Bayern win of course.

You want your team to be the best in the world, if they aren't? You want them to be the best in Europe, if they aren't again? You want to be the best in England. I could not stand Chelsea winning the Champions League, or any other English side, because I want United to be winning it. I don't get angry at fans of other English clubs for feeling this way, because I totally understand why they would want United to lose.

I wanted Chelsea to beat Liverpool in the FA Cup, because I hate Liverpool (obviously) more than Chelsea - that's the way you pick which team you support. Bayern lost to us in '99, they deserve a chance to win it this time

Also, Chelsea do not deserve to be in the final. Barca outclassed them and were unlucky, Chelsea are in no way the second best team in Europe - they just got lucky!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HeyyImRyan)
    United supporter here, hoping Bayern win of course.

You want your team to be the best in the world, if they aren't? You want them to be the best in Europe, if they aren't again? You want to be the best in England. I could not stand Chelsea winning the Champions League, or any other English side, because I want United to be winning it. I don't get angry at fans of other English clubs for feeling this way, because I totally understand why they would want United to lose. !
    But is the Champions League winner really the best team in Europe? Can you really say a team finishing 6th in their league is the best in Europe? It's a knockout competition, teams can luck it out and get to the final and even win it on occasion. The same happens in the English cups.

I don't think many people would argue against Barcelona being better than Chelsea, yet Chelsea beat them. Just like not many would argue Blackburn are better than Man U, yet Blackburn beat them.

The Champions League contains the best teams in Europe but the best team doesn't always win it. Unlike national leagues.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm a Forest fan. A Midlander.

Don't want to see a London club win it. Especially not a London club thats run the way Chelsea are by Abramovic.

(Original post by such_a_lady)
    I think my avatar says it all :sexface:
    Kinky.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Plastic club that got to the final by playing anti-football against Barca, claiming a tactical masterclass when in fact they were just incredibly lucky.

You won't hear a peep from the Chelsea fans in Munich seeing as their plastic flags won't be provided. No doubt they will boo Bayern as well being the classy club they are.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Welsh. I will be supporting Germany at the Euros too. Why? Because their team is awesome and full of quality talent. Bayern also have a quality history unlike the plastic Chelsea, their terrible chants and terrible plastic flags. Enough of a reason. Sickening to see any plastic team made of money win anything, especially something like this. Also it's not like they are playing like Barcelona and playing quality football now is it!? COME ON BAYERN.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm a QPR fan.
    I hate Chelsea from the bottom of my heart.

I don't care about this "want British clubs to win" rubbish, I will be supporting Bayern through and through for this game.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    because they hate john terry
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I think it is because football rivalry is much greater in england than in germany to be honest. Furthermore people dont agree on how chelski got successful since they brought sucess *man city as swell*
    • 39 followers

ReputationRep:
    Because the thought of John ****ing Terry lifting the Champions League trophy makes me sick.

Plus it would deny either Spurs or Newcastle a Champions League place. Nice to freshen things up every now and then.

(Original post by Gob Bluth)
    Welsh. I will be supporting Germany at the Euros too. Why? Because their team is awesome and full of quality talent. Bayern also have a quality history unlike the plastic Chelsea, their terrible chants and terrible plastic flags. Enough of a reason.
    What chants? :laugh: All i ever hear is ''Chowsea, Chowsea, Chowsea''
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Bayern have no debt, have low ticket prices and play in an extremely competitive and vibrant league which isn't populated with loads of billionaire owners. They earned their way to the top.

They're like the anti-Chelsea in many respects. Oh and no one likes John Terry.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Because the thought of John ****ing Terry lifting the Champions League trophy makes me sick.

Plus it would deny either Spurs or Newcastle a Champions League place. Nice to freshen things up every now and then.

What chants? :laugh: All i ever hear is ''Chowsea, Chowsea, Chowsea''
    That's what i mean by their terrible chants. :laugh: Guess i shouldn't have used the plural
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ManchesterUnited7_)
    I think it is because football rivalry is much greater in england than in germany to be honest. Furthermore people dont agree on how chelski got successful since they brought sucess *man city as swell*
    Chelesea were the third most successful English club behind Manchester United and Arsenal, in the five to ten years before Abramovich, with two FA Cups and a Cup Winners Cup. They had recent success and a good foundation. The Abramovich money certainly helped to turn them into title challengers and regular Champions League qualifiers (and contenders) but to suggest they had no success prior to the money is untrue.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HeyyImRyan)
    I wanted Chelsea to beat Liverpool in the FA Cup, because I hate Liverpool (obviously) more than Chelsea - that's the way you pick which team you support. Bayern lost to us in '99, they deserve a chance to win it this time

Also, Chelsea do not deserve to be in the final. Barca outclassed them and were unlucky, Chelsea are in no way the second best team in Europe - they just got lucky!
    They did win it. Two years later in 2001. It's a completely different team now so I don't see what relevance 1999 has (or that, as they lost the final, they somehow deserve to win one).

(Original post by Dorito)
    Plastic club that got to the final by playing anti-football against Barca, claiming a tactical masterclass when in fact they were just incredibly lucky.

You won't hear a peep from the Chelsea fans in Munich seeing as their plastic flags won't be provided. No doubt they will boo Bayern as well being the classy club they are.
    Defending is not anti-football. It is an important part of the game.

Diving and simulation, however, is and Barcelona have been as guilty of this as almost anyone.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    If Newcastle finish 4th i'll be supporting Bayern. If they finish 3rd/5th i'll be supporting Chelsea.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal Fan, I can't stand Chelsea. So I want them to lose, and to lose badly
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    Arsenal Fan, I can't stand Chelsea. So I want them to lose, and to lose badly
    Arsenal fan from Birmingham?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 12, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.