The Student Room Group

Splashing pedestrians?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by zara55
You find drivers ruthlessly abusing pedestrians funny?

LOL. Just because I thought that video was funny, doesn't mean you need to judge me. I'm with gbduo on this one, what you wrote was hilarious.
Reply 41
Sick that. Me and my mates did it to this old couple in wheelchairs and they got soaked. It was hillarious.
Original post by marcusfox
It's illegal.

Under section 3 of the Road Traffic Act 1988, it is an offence to perform a clear act of incompetence, selfishness, impatience or aggressiveness which causes inconvenience to other road users.

In other words, driving without due care and attention.

The Crown Prosecution Service specifically include: "driving through a puddle causing pedestrians to be splashed" in its description of this section of the act.

Yes, this is what I thought.

Wasn't there a woman who failed her driving test for splashing a pedestrian? She didn't stop and apologise to them, and that's what did it for her I think.

EDIT: Here it is: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/2705453/Woman-motorist-failed-driving-test-for-splashing-pedestrian.html
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Cumquat
Sick that. Me and my mates did it to this old couple in wheelchairs and they got soaked. It was hillarious.
It doesn't count on pushbikes.
Even with the stabilisers removed
If anyone did that to me and I ever saw them in their car again, say parked up, They'd be getting a bucket of water thrown INSIDE the car over them
Reply 45
Original post by 2_plus_X_equal_me

This is pretty similar to what my mate does on his motorcycle aprilla 125cc ( wrong spelling probz) he back fires his bike, causing anyone near by to flinch as it sounds like a drive by shooting.

My '56 Ford 103E does that when it gets warm in heavey traffic.
Not a desirable thing, though. One day it'll put a hole in the silencer!
Original post by JC.
My '56 Ford 103E does that when it gets warm in heavey traffic.
Not a desirable thing, though. One day it'll put a hole in the silencer!

the car alone would turn a few heads even without the backfire :colondollar:
I've been splashed plenty of times in my lifetime. Recently however a bus driver nearly splashed me, but my reactions were so quick I managed to jump out of the way in time.

Inconsiderate tossers, I only advocate splashing former bullies.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 48
Happened to me once, then the lights turned red. I had a right go at the driver who basically **** his pants, I actually thought he was going to cry.

Lesson learned, don't splash the 6'6" bloke when you're a weedy little runt in some ****ty corsa.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 49
Original post by Megaross
Happened to me once, then the lights turned red. I had a right go at the driver who basically **** his pants, I actually thought he was going to cry.

Lesson learned, don't splash the 6'6" bloke when you're a weedy little runt in some ****ty corsa.

Ha, wish I'd been there to see that. :smile:
I know its a rather BIG puddle but http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFR8fXSiMX0
No but I have been the pedestrian in that situation :angry:
Original post by gbduo
Trust an Audi driver! Mind you the kid does look a bit chavvy, meh i'm going with they are both as bad as each other, the chav shouldn't have been standing on street corners and the Audi driver shouldn't be such an Audi driver.

Hahaha, I just saw the second chav in the concealed by the water. What a nobbish thing to do, but it deep down, it is quite funny...

Oh so because you assume the guy is chavvy, it's ok? Idiot :rolleyes:
Reply 53
Original post by sarahthegemini
Oh so because you assume the guy is chavvy, it's ok? Idiot :rolleyes:

You see a puddle in front of you and car coming towards the puddle.

Do you

a) Stay where you are and wait to get drenched
b) Move away from the side of the road and not get drenched
c) Step out into moving traffic

Its not hard. So who is the idiot again, because I don't remember ever getting drenched by a puddle...
Original post by gbduo
You see a puddle in front of you and car coming towards the puddle.

Do you

a) Stay where you are and wait to get drenched
b) Move away from the side of the road and not get drenched
c) Step out into moving traffic

Its not hard. So who is the idiot again, because I don't remember ever getting drenched by a puddle...

You're the idiot, in fact perhaps idiot isn't the right word, you're just a narrow-minded jackass instead. Your entire post stunk of self-riteousness. You seemed to have sympathy til you noticed that (because he is wearing tracksuit bottoms) he is a chav and is therefore more deserving of being drenched than somebody that was dressed differently. Please grow up.
Reply 55
I have done it, but not on purpose but it kind of in a way looked that it could of been. To make sure the pedestrian realised I didnt, I got out of my car and apologised and offered to drive him back to his home to get dried off.

As an PP has said, it is illegal. If he wanted too- he could of taken note of my licence plate number and telephoned the police, I would do after all if I thought it was done purposefully to me.

I don't see how it is amusing personally. I know people who have been carrying laptops and expensive phones when it has been done to them and it has destroyed them.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 56
You're the idiot, in fact perhaps idiot isn't the right word, you're just a narrow-minded jackass instead. Your entire post stunk of self-riteousness. You seemed to have sympathy til you noticed that (because he is wearing tracksuit bottoms) he is a chav and is therefore more deserving of being drenched than somebody that was dressed differently. Please grow up.

How do we know that video isn't staged? It was very handy of them to have a camera there :wink:
Reply 57

At least I am smart enough to not get soaked by a puddle.

And yeh, I have reason enough to be self righteous, I don't think that daily attire should be baseball cap, tracksuit bottoms and standing on street corners next to a puddle is very bright (sounds chavvy) and I don't go around splashing pedestrians. However, I do find it quite humourous when pedestrians are dumb enough to stand so close to the road that they get soaked. I mean, what do you expect is going to happen?

The Audi driver was being a complete bellend as well. Why aren't you picking up on that stereotype I did? Is it because I iz picking on the poor one? Is that not as discriminatory? At least I picked on both parties equally without judgement. They are both idiots.

Don't worry, i will rest easy today knowing that you are looking out for pedestrians and drivers who ruthlessly splash pedestrians and will come to their rescue on your Mighty Fine High Horse. Quick, its raining out, you can't be on here, there are people to save!!

:rolleyes:

PS Take a joke.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by gbduo
At least I am smart enough to not get soaked by a puddle.

And yeh, I have reason enough to be self righteous, I don't think that daily attire should be baseball cap, tracksuit bottoms and standing on street corners next to a puddle is very bright (sounds chavvy) and I don't go around splashing pedestrians. However, I do find it quite humourous when pedestrians are dumb enough to stand so close to the road that they get soaked. I mean, what do you expect is going to happen?

The Audi driver was being a complete bellend as well. Why aren't you picking up on that stereotype I did? Is it because I iz picking on the poor one? Is that not as discriminatory? At least I picked on both parties equally without judgement. They are both idiots.

Don't worry, i will rest easy today knowing that you are looking out for pedestrians and drivers who ruthlessly splash pedestrians and will come to their rescue on your Mighty Fine High Horse. Quick, its raining out, you can't be on here, there are people to save!!

:rolleyes:

PS Take a joke.

Erm I didn't 'pick up' on the Audi driver insult because at first it wasn't relevant, I was commenting on the fact that you thought because the person was a chav it was somehow more amusing for him to get splashed. Dumbass. :rolleyes:

/end.
Reply 59
Erm I didn't 'pick up' on the Audi driver insult because at first it wasn't relevant, I was commenting on the fact that you thought because the person was a chav it was somehow more amusing for him to get splashed. Dumbass. :rolleyes:

/end.

Nope, never said it was more amusing because it was a chav, just said that it is hardly surprising that a chav is on street corners and dumb enough not to move away from impending splashing.

Like you, I suppose. Except, I don't think you are a chav, you are just a dumbass.

Quick Reply