The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
of course it is, why wouldn't it be?! god made all races equal, why shouldn't they date each other?! there's no biblical reasoning which suggests anything else
It is completeluy allowed, there is nothing in the Bible which says that you must date somebody of your own skin colour/culture / whatever. In fact, I know a lovely couple - he is black and African and she is white and English - who got married in December and have moved back out to Africa. They are very involved in the church and he often preaches.
Reply 3
Anonymous
What is the Christian view in inter-racial dating? Is it permitted?

I'm asking this as the Christian union at uni is running a six week course about sex and relationships god's way. However although they mention that dating non Christians is a bad idea, they don't mention anything on whether inter-racial dating is acceptable to Christians.

Oh my uni is doing that too I think... well i saw a few christian union posters about talking about sex :rolleyes:

I guess it would be accepted as long as both parties were christian? Thats just my though..
a girl i know is (white) christian and has been out with a couple of black boys. she broke up with one of them basically because he wasn't christian and felt that they were on different levels in terms of beliefs. she is now with a christian boy from the middle east.
Reply 5
mangomaz
Oh my uni is doing that too I think... well i saw a few christian union posters about talking about sex :rolleyes:

I guess it would be accepted as long as both parties were christian? Thats just my though..

lol, arrrgh i hate the cu at our uni. it makes me embarrassed to be a christian, and i distance myself as much from the cu as i possibly can!...they scare me :redface:
Reply 6
it really does not matter what colour your partner is/where they come from, if you're both christians then i'd say that's pretty great
Reply 7
Racist. :mad: You've gotta be a Southern baptist. God created everyone in his likeness from the black guy to the blue-eyed blond girl.
Reply 8
true.. race is not an issue to christianity (unless theseres some branch of christianity that doesnt which i am unaware of)... if that were the case, it wouldnt have been preached and spread across the globe.. remember i think christianity started somewhere near israel, and most of the preching and spreading of christianity was done by european concquerors.. such as the spaniards and all that stuff

if christianity was race specific, then you wouldnt be able to see black, eastern asians and all that stuff preching on your church... ( although i have never seen a priest who came somewhere from the middle east/ west asian )
i don't see any reason why christians should oppose it.
grace
lol, arrrgh i hate the cu at our uni. it makes me embarrassed to be a christian, and i distance myself as much from the cu as i possibly can!...they scare me :redface:

same her
minimo
Racist. :mad: You've gotta be a Southern baptist. God created everyone in his likeness from the black guy to the blue-eyed blond girl.

Can you not read? She was asking a question about Christian beliefs, not saying that she doesn't believe in interracial dating.
Reply 12
There is no restriction on this, and i think any biblical constructions that do encourage same-race relationships are fundamentally mistaken. I don't think it's Southern Baptism that informs this- rather redneck culture of which the denomination is a huge part.

I'd prefer to go out with Christian girls though, as they are likely to have decent morals.
Reply 13
I'm white and my boyfriend is black and a christian and we've been together 2 and a half years and he's never said anything to me, nor have his parents so I think there's no problem :smile:
Reply 14
Theres a difference between interracial relationships and interreligious relationships. I think the majority of wacky views will be about the latter, ie. the children have to be christians or muslims or whatever.
Reply 15
Christains are ment to respect people from different races and tret them like everyone else. THe parable of the good samaritan is an example of this. So as long as the person is christian theres no reson way they shouldnt have a relationship.
Reply 16
When I brought it up to other Christians, the scripture Galatians 3.28 ("in Christ there is no Jew or gentile, but rather all are one in him" ) was used in defense of interracial dating. In Christian dating books I've read, like Joshua Harris' "Boy Meets Girl," there's also the warning that if you decide to marry someone outside of your race you should prepare for the hardships that come with it.
All christians scare me, your all so fanatical. god this, god that, gets on my nerves, there is no god!!! Accept it and stop wasting your lives!!
Reply 18
At least if we're wrong we havent lost anything. If you're wrong then you've lost a lot.
Nope, cos i'm not wrong. The belief in a god is driven by a primitive mind trying to find order and reason in a harsh universe. There is no need for such medieval superstition in modern times. We no longer need the method of mass populous control that religion in all its forms offers as we have effective police forces.

Latest

Trending

Trending