The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Anonymous
Nope, cos i'm not wrong. The belief in a god is driven by a primitive mind trying to find order and reason in a harsh universe. There is no need for such medieval superstition in modern times. We no longer need the method of mass populous control that religion in all its forms offers as we have effective police forces.

Quit dragging this thread through the mud. Go to D&D.
troll
Anonymous
Nope, cos i'm not wrong. The belief in a god is driven by a primitive mind trying to find order and reason in a harsh universe. There is no need for such medieval superstition in modern times. We no longer need the method of mass populous control that religion in all its forms offers as we have effective police forces.

As much as I agree with what you're trying to say, this isn't really the right place. *points to D&D*
Reply 22
Anonymous
What is the Christian view in inter-racial dating? Is it permitted?

I'm asking this as the Christian union at uni is running a six week course about sex and relationships god's way. However although they mention that dating non Christians is a bad idea, they don't mention anything on whether inter-racial dating is acceptable to Christians.

iner faith dating is wrong according to catholicism, but i dont know about other denoms.

interracial dating however is totally ok - the parable of the good BLACK samaritan, etc. i think theres quotes in the bible that support this.
because there is no race that is christian - anyone, black/white/other ca n be christian.

i myself am not white, and neither are many of my people who are devout catholics in mexico. africa has a large number of strict christians who are black, and obviously the west has alot of white christians
Reply 23
cambridgemuscle
There is no restriction on this, and i think any biblical constructions that do encourage same-race relationships are fundamentally mistaken. I don't think it's Southern Baptism that informs this- rather redneck culture of which the denomination is a huge part.

I'd prefer to go out with Christian girls though, as they are likely to have decent morals.

are you christian?
Reply 24
Catholics make me giggle.
Reply 25
Beigel
At least if we're wrong we havent lost anything. If you're wrong then you've lost a lot.

Yes, that's an admirable reason to follow a faith, 'just in case'
Well I'm a black Christian and I've never dated anyone of my race before. Not that I don't want to or anything, just that the opportunity has never really come up. For me it doesn't matter what race my partner is. All I require that we can share a common bond when it comes on to faith.
Reply 27
Anonymous
What is the Christian view in inter-racial dating? Is it permitted?

I'm asking this as the Christian union at uni is running a six week course about sex and relationships god's way. However although they mention that dating non Christians is a bad idea, they don't mention anything on whether inter-racial dating is acceptable to Christians.

Yes, Jesus hates it! :rolleyes: God said in the Old Testament that such people should be stoned to death! :rolleyes:

There's nothing in the Bible which forbids it, so I doubt Christians in general would have a problem with it.
shinytoy
iner faith dating is wrong according to catholicism

Can you show me from the holy text with book chapter and verse?
shinytoy
iner faith dating is wrong according to catholicism, but i dont know about other denoms.

interracial dating however is totally ok - the parable of the good BLACK samaritan, etc. i think theres quotes in the bible that support this.
because there is no race that is christian - anyone, black/white/other ca n be christian.

i myself am not white, and neither are many of my people who are devout catholics in mexico. africa has a large number of strict christians who are black, and obviously the west has alot of white christians

ermmm shinytoy go and read your catechism and come back and get a good argument **goes to sleep until shinytoy does so**
Reply 30
Redsapphire2000
All I require that we can share a common bond when it comes on to faith.

well said :yy:

Latest

Trending

Trending