The Student Room Group

US forced to admit Yemen 'Al Qaeda bomber' was actually a CIA operative

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Stefan1991
:facepalm: Someone needs to revise the English language. If you are a foreigner and English is your 2nd or 3rd language, I'm sorry.

Osama's son was murdered (as well as many others) therefore, his family was murdered. Just because some of his family still survive does not detract from the fact that his family was murdered.

Oh dear :lol:.

The only person that needs "to revise the English language" is you mate!

Original post by Pads
And what you need to learn is that the context of the sentence changes a words meaning.

"His family was murdered" suggests all his family were murdered(also you should of used were instead of was.

"Part of his family were murdered" would of been better English and what you should of said.

*Credit to Pads for taking the time to respond to a complete buffoon of a post.

Oh and: Family- "A group of people united in criminal activity".

Fits very nicely indeed :cool: :rofl:.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 41
Original post by Pads
And what you need to learn is that the context of the sentence changes a words meaning.

"His family was murdered" suggests all his family were murdered(also you should of used were instead of was.

"Part of his family were murdered" would of been better English and what you should of said.

Also about conspiracies, one reason I don't believe most of them is it would be so hard to hide all the tracks. Explained in this bbc article today about lone gunmen - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-17996498 . When there are a lot of people working on something there is intelligence to see but for one person it can be easy to hide your intentions.

It seems pointless to spend so much time arguing semantics. It seems people have an inability and unwillingness to tackle the real questions at hand, and would rather avoid them and nitpick with the meanings of words.

"Family" can refer to one or more people from a familial group. Therefore it is not incorrect to say someone's family was murdered. If you say their family wasn't murdered, then you are ignoring the fact that a member of their family was murdered. It would be a logical contradiction.

1. Osama's son was family
2. Osama's son was murdered
Therefore: Osama's family was murdered

1. Osama's son was family
2. Osama's son was murdered
Therefore: Osama's family wasn't murdered
= invalid argument.

This would be even less pointless if it wasn't true that a lot of Osama's family actually has been murdered by the US, just not all on the same night.

If you don't believe conspiracies can exist how do you explain huge operations with vast amounts of people running for many years uncovered such as Operation Gladio? COINTELPRO? MK ULTRA? Operation Mockingbird? Operation Monarch? Operation Ajax? US/UK/Aus Complicitness media blackout and cover up of the Indonesian genocide in East Timor? CIA torture, black prisons and rendition? What about when the Tuskegee Syphilis Study secretly experimented on hundreds of US citizens and purposefully injected people with syphilis? The Iran-Contra scandals? Do these historical events not exist to you?

There have been countless conspiracies just carried out by the CIA which were kept secret until decades later. What makes you so sure that the CIA is a reformed benevolent agency who'd never do anything like that again?

The only reason why there are so many conspiracy theories in the first place historians say is because of so many high-level prominent conspiracies have been undertaken and uncovered since the 1960s.

Read: Knight, Peter (2003) Conspiracy theories in American history: an encyclopaedia
Reply 42
Original post by VeniViciVidi
No, the CIA forms part of the government apparatus to exercise state-sanctioned use of force. Being allied to a government doesn't preclude you from being a terrorist neither

How is that not an obvious glaring contradiction to you? What's the difference.

Palestine is not recognized as a state but as a territory. Hence, they are labelled a terrorist organization as they do not have a mandate for the use of force.

Is not recognised by whom? The State of Palestine is recognised by 130 of the 193 member states of the United Nations. So it is the small minority who do not recognise it.

Algeria, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, North Korea, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Lebanon, Saudi Arabia, Syria, United Arab Emirates, Yemen, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Pakistan
Brunei, Malaysia, Indonesia, Kosovo, Bolivia, Chad etc 33 UN member states in total do not recognise Israel as a state, only 160 UN states recognise Israel, so do you consider Israeli war crimes and terrorism "terrorist" actions?

Hamas is the elected government of Gaza, but you still consider it terrorist organisation. Is that not another contradiction on your part?

There has been no evidence relating to false-flag operations in the United States security framework.

Really? :lolwut: I invite you to do some research as there is a long and well-documented history of the CIA engaging in false-flag terrorism. Again I'll mention Operation Gladio, Operation Ajax and Operation Condor as a few examples.
Reply 43
Original post by thisisnew
Not sure how you have the effort to even acknowledge these unrelenting conspiracy nuts. Ran out of that a long time ago :frown:

Please enlighten me to what "conspiracy theory" are you talking about?

Or are you just one of those people who throws around the words "conspiracy theorist" to attempt to delegitimise anyone who doesn't share the same views? Even if they don't mention any type of conspiracy theory at all and only point out documented facts?

It must be that the conspiracy theory is in your mind. How else can you imagine a conspiracy theory merely from someone presenting news articles and documented facts? If you read the facts and then start thinking they suggest a conspiracy, that is your interpretation, not mine.
Reply 44
Original post by The_Last_Melon
It is quite rare for the US to be forced to do anything nowadays. They are the only remaining superpower.

Usually when the truth becomes too obvious to obscure, people are forced to admit snippets of information they originally would have not liked to. That way public interest is sated and the masses can be distracted by something else.

That's why limited hangouts are so popular as a public relations device.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limited_hangout
Reply 45
Original post by f1mad
Oh dear :lol:.

The only person that needs "to revise the English language" is you mate!

Good one :rolleyes: Especially coming from someone who doesn't know what the word "family" means.

Original post by f1mad

*Credit to Pads for taking the time to respond to a complete buffoon of a post.

Oh and: Family- "A group of people united in criminal activity".

Fits very nicely indeed :cool: :rofl:.

Buffoon of a post? You haven't made a single intelligent contribution yet, all you did was fail to understand the word "family" and throw around the words "conspiracy theorists" as if that means something, because you haven't got an argument. Then you accuse people of being criminals, with no evidence! :rolleyes:

Then you scoffed at the idea that the CIA has ever engaged in terrorism, when it's one of the most well-documented historical facts of the 20th century. Who looks like an idiot now? :smile:

You can't respond intelligently, because you don't have anything intelligent to say. You'll just attempt to ridicule something you don't understand because it doesn't conform to your sheltered world-view. Please educate yourself before embarrassing yourself further, I hope you take this as a valuable lesson.
Reply 46
It's "you're" a massive terrorist. Not "your". And it's "defended", not "defeneded" whatever that means.
Also it's not "Quatada". No such person exists. It's "Qatada".

Anyway, where am I defending anyone? :confused: Are you getting a bit confused with another thread?
Not sure how you managed to infer that from me paraphrasing the articles. Read/spell carefully.

You is bare 'ard.
Reply 47
Good one :rolleyes: Especially coming from someone who doesn't know what the word "family" means.

As Pads rightly said; you're the one who cannot understand what "family" means. You can continue bitching about the semantics of the context in which that word should be used.

Bottom line is you were wrong, now shut up about it.

Buffoon of a post?

Thanks for admitting it. If you haven't already noticed; everyone here views you as one.

You can't respond intelligently, because you don't have anything intelligent to say. You'll just attempt to ridicule something you don't understand because it doesn't conform to your sheltered world-view. Please educate yourself before embarrassing yourself further, I hope you take this as a valuable lesson.

:rofl:. The only one that needs educating is you.

Anyway, where am I defending anyone? :confused: Are you getting a bit confused with another thread?
Not sure how you managed to infer that from me paraphrasing the articles. Read/spell carefully.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1976994&highlight=qatada+stefan1991

Good night!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 48
Original post by BusheSCFC
You is bare 'ard.

You "are" bare hard. Were you a retarded child?
Reply 49
Original post by f1mad
As Pads rightly said; you're the one who cannot understand what "family" means. You can continue bitching about the semantics of the context in which that word should be used.

Bottom line is you were wrong, now shut up about it.

No... I was not incorrect.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Osama_bin_Laden

Osama's son was gunned down by armed soldiers on the stairs of his home whilst completely unarmed. A son is a member of one's family. Even a 3 year old would get this. :rolleyes:

Original post by f1mad
Thanks for admitting it. If you haven't already noticed; everyone here views you as one.

You really are lacking in English comprehension skills. How is that even remotely an admission? :lolwut: Notice how there's a question mark right after it, that should be a clue. :rolleyes:

And speak for yourself, not everyone is as dimwitted as you.

And what is that meant to prove? :confused: Where did I "defend" anyone in my OP? You're a very unconvincing troll.

No seriously, go educate yourself. Actually learn something instead of taking everything in life on face value like a gullible idiot! :lol:
Reply 50
How do you know of this agenda?

What conspiracy? :confused:
Your conspiracy is based completely on statements CIA officials have told you. It's like asking Harold Shipman if he's a good doctor. Would you accept what any criminal told you what happened on face value and without question?

Through various events that have happened throughout the world, through news stories from multiple outlets in multiple countries of multiple political persuasions, through talking to people that support such acts and seeing for myself on the internet evidence of such people, through talking to members of the Forces who have first hand experience with bomb making labs and who are friends of people who have had contact with SFSG and Anti-terror squads.

So what you're trying to say is, the mainstream accepted narrative is the conspiracy...and what you have made up is the truth? :lolwut:
Reply 51
Original post by Steevee
Through various events that have happened throughout the world, through news stories from multiple outlets in multiple countries of multiple political persuasions, through talking to people that support such acts and seeing for myself on the internet evidence of such people, through talking to members of the Forces who have first hand experience with bomb making labs and who are friends of people who have had contact with SFSG and Anti-terror squads.

So what you're trying to say is, the mainstream accepted narrative is the conspiracy...and what you have made up is the truth? :lolwut:

By definition the "mainstream accepted" narrative is a conspiracy theory. It's a theory whose only source of proof is the word of the CIA officials who were themselves involved in the conspiracy to bomb planes.

You're saying because the CIA said it's true, it is. If they say their narrative is true, everyone must immediately accept it as the infallible truth because there's no way an authority would ever twist the truth :rolleyes: How naive. Do you blindingly and naively accept anything that's told to you like a little child?

You need to look up the definition of conspiracy. The CIA you trust so much is by definition a conspiracy. Using covert actions and secret plans, many of which are of the most unsavory kind. What are covert operations if not conspiracies? At the same time, the CIA is an institution, a structural part of the national security state. In sum, the agency is an institutionalized conspiracy, with a long history of lies, deceit, murder, assassination, torture, false flag terrorism and human experimentation.

And what I have made up? I haven't made anything up. Point to one thing I've made up. I only shoot documented facts.
Reply 52
By definition the "mainstream accepted" narrative is a conspiracy theory. It's a theory whose only source of proof is the word of the CIA officials who were themselves involved in the conspiracy to bomb planes.

You're saying because the CIA said it's true, it is. If they say their narrative is true, everyone must immediately accept it as the infallible truth because there's no way an authority would ever twist the truth :rolleyes: How naive. Do you blindingly and naively accept anything that's told to you like a little child?

You need to look up the definition of conspiracy. The CIA you trust so much is by definition a conspiracy. Using covert actions and secret plans, many of which are of the most unsavory kind. What are covert operations if not conspiracies? At the same time, the CIA is an institution, a structural part of the national security state. In sum, the agency is an institutionalized conspiracy, with a long history of lies, deceit, murder, assassination, torture, false flag terrorism and human experimentation.

And what I have made up? I haven't made anything up. Point to one thing I've made up. I only shoot documented facts.

:facepalm:

Once again, looking at the given narrative, the framework of evidence, motive and history.

And you have taken what exactly to create your narrative? Again, I'll ask you to clarify, because from what I can see you are rejecting everything logical and, not putting anything in it's place :lolwut:
Reply 53
Original post by Steevee

Once again, looking at the given narrative, the framework of evidence, motive and history.

And you have taken what exactly to create your narrative? Again, I'll ask you to clarify, because from what I can see you are rejecting everything logical and, not putting anything in it's place :lolwut:

I haven't made up any type of narrative, idiot. All I'm doing is analysing and critiquing the CIA establishment narrative. Taking any suggestion made as truth without question isn't logical in the slightest. You are kidding yourself if you think it is.

Why are you so gullible to believe any narrative which is given to you like a little sheep when we know as fact that narratives are routinely established to fit an agenda and mislead us? Use your brain.

Sheeple: "The term is used to describe those who voluntarily acquiesce to a suggestion without critical analysis or research."

"people who tend to accept and take statements at face value, especially if it is cited in mainstream media"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheeple
Reply 54

I haven't made up any type of narrative, idiot. All I'm doing is analysing and critiquing the CIA establishment narrative. Taking any suggestion made as truth without question isn't logical in the slightest. You are kidding yourself if you think it is.

Why are you so gullible to believe any narrative which is given to you like a little sheep when we know as fact that narratives are routinely established to fit an agenda and mislead us? Use your brain.

Sheeple: "The term is used to describe those who voluntarily acquiesce to a suggestion without critical analysis or research."

"people who tend to accept and take statements at face value, especially if it is cited in mainstream media"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheeple

Once again I'm going to ask you to clarify your narrative.

Come now, it shouldn't be that hard, clearly you can't accept the accepted one, so clarify yours. Tell me what you think happened.
Reply 55
Original post by Steevee
Once again I'm going to ask you to clarify your narrative.

Come now, it shouldn't be that hard, clearly you can't accept the accepted one, so clarify yours. Tell me what you think happened.

I don't know what happened. I'm not the one pretending they do. That's you my friend.:rolleyes:

I never said I didn't accept it. I'm saying I'm not accepting it without question. Like you.

"the facts are what I am going on, based on what appears to have happened and what the CIA and press have told us"
Yes, the Criminals Impersonating Authority and the MainStream-Media, the ultimate purveyors of infallible truth! :lol:

Please.
Reply 56
I don't know what happened. I'm not the one pretending they do. That's you my friend.:rolleyes:

I never said I didn't accept it. I'm saying I'm not accepting it without question. Like you.

"the facts are what I am going on, based on what appears to have happened and what the CIA and press have told us"
Yes, the Criminals Impersonating Authority and the MainStream-Media, the ultimate purveyors of infallible truth! :lol:

Please.

I see. So you're admitting you have no idea what happened, but you;re sure it can't be what seems to have happened? I see. Now, to most people, you're the conspiracy nut here :mmm:

And I question, my dear, but the salient point is what the CIA and media have said makes sense, and until such a time as evidence comes to light to challenge this version of event, I am happy that my questions have been satisfied and I am willing to accept the version presented to us, whilst of course accepting that we will not have been told the whole truth.
Reply 57
Original post by Steevee
I see. So you're admitting you have no idea what happened, but you;re sure it can't be what seems to have happened? I see. Now, to most people, you're the conspiracy nut here :mmm:

Admit you have no idea what really happened either, then you will actually be making some progress in how you form your beliefs.

A good historian checks his sources and assesses their credibility before taking anything they say as the infallible truth. As I've already pointed out, your sources are consistent liars and deceivers, who have consistently in the past lied about these types of things.

Yet you are willing to believe whatever they say and without question, which makes you a gullible idiot. :rolleyes:

You talk as if the CIA was not from it's very inception designed to be a propaganda machine. You really do need to read some history because you are lacking in basic knowledge.

So you only believe conspiracy theories which the CIA tells you to believe... even though by definition the CIA is an institutionalised conspiracy. The idiocy I encounter on these forums is sometimes palpable.

Original post by Steevee

And I question, my dear, but the salient point is what the CIA and media have said makes sense, and until such a time as evidence comes to light to challenge this version of event, I am happy that my questions have been satisfied and I am willing to accept the version presented to us, whilst of course accepting that we will not have been told the whole truth.

I'd prefer if you didn't enjoy addressing me as if I was your wife, I don't wish to participate in your strange and sordid fantasies.

So you believe anything which "makes sense"... A lot of things "make sense". Doesn't mean they are true. The narrative of 9/11 being an inside job makes more sense than the official one, that doesn't mean it's true. You are an idiot if you don't question or challenge anything you're told unless your superior comes along and tells you believe something else. :rolleyes:
Reply 58
Admit you have no idea what really happened either, then you will actually be making some progress in how you form your beliefs.

A good historian checks his sources and assesses their credibility before taking anything they say as the infallible truth. As I've already pointed out, your sources are consistent liars and deceivers, who have consistently in the past lied about these types of things.

Yet you are willing to believe whatever they say and without question, which makes you a gullible idiot. :rolleyes:

You talk as if the CIA was not from it's very inception designed to be a propaganda machine. You really do need to read some history because you are lacking in basic knowledge.

So you only believe conspiracy theories which the CIA tells you to believe... even though by definition the CIA is an institutionalised conspiracy. The idiocy I encounter on these forums is sometimes palpable.

I'd prefer if you didn't enjoy addressing me as if I was your wife, I don't wish to participate in your strange and sordid fantasies.

So you believe anything which "makes sense"... A lot of things "make sense". Doesn't mean they are true. The narrative of 9/11 being an inside job makes more sense than the official one, that doesn't mean it's true. You are an idiot if you don't question or challenge anything you're told unless your superior comes along and tells you believe something else. :rolleyes:

Oh my dear, you do need to calm down. People like you are so funny, the ones that think they alone see the true world, that everyone else is a sheep, it's comedy. It really is. :')

I'll repeat myself once more. The narrative given by the CIA and media, in tandem with the facts we have tally. Looking at the history and motives behind why terror groups attack the West and previous operations similar to this one, things tally. And yes, even taking into account the sordid history of the CIA, a version of the official explanation seems the most plausable at this time. I have questioned, I have looked at the story. In fact I dare say I've questioned just a little harder than you :smile:

You're line of thinking seems to be 'They've lied before, they're certainly lieing about everything right damn now!' Rather than properly examining motives, the MO of international intelligence agencies and so on. Again, it's funny.

And I would just like to point out once again the hilarity of you essentially stating 'I have no idea what happened, but it sure as heck can't be anything like what they said because they don't alway tell the truth, and sometimes, sometimes they even totally lie!' :eek:
Reply 59
Original post by Steevee
Oh my dear, you do need to calm down. People like you are so funny, the ones that think they alone see the true world, that everyone else is a sheep, it's comedy. It really is. :')

No.... that is you who believes the government narrative is always the "true world" no matter what. I don't believe I know the "true world" but I'm a damn sight closer than you because I actually question things before believing them.

Original post by Steevee
I'll repeat myself once more. The narrative given by the CIA and media, in tandem with the facts we have tally.

No... you don't have any "facts". You only have what the CIA has told you which you have decided to immediately accept as fact. What other facts other than that one source do you have? Exactly. None.

Now stop pretending you know anything. :lol:

Original post by Steevee

Looking at the history and motives behind why terror groups attack the West and previous operations similar to this one, things tally. And yes, even taking into account the sordid history of the CIA, a version of the official explanation seems the most plausable at this time. I have questioned, I have looked at the story. In fact I dare say I've questioned just a little harder than you :smile:

Ignoring that one CIA/government source, what do you know? Nothing.
You don't even bother to check your sources. You're a godsend to public relation manipulators. I bet they could convince you it's in your own interests to give up your freedom and feed your family to the wolves. Seriously, what won't you believe? Were you one of those people frothing at the mouth about "Weapons of Mass Destruction"? :lol:

Original post by Steevee

You're line of thinking seems to be 'They've lied before, they're certainly lieing about everything right damn now!' Rather than properly examining motives, the MO of international intelligence agencies and so on. Again, it's funny.

Stop putting words in peoples mouths to make your stupid little worthless straw man argument. I never said "they've lied before therefore they must be lying now". However an intelligent person would see that someone who has lied many times before, is likely to lie again, and might actually question if that is the case and consider whether it damages their credibility. Unlike you.

Original post by Steevee

And I would just like to point out once again the hilarity of you essentially stating 'I have no idea what happened, but it sure as heck can't be anything like what they said because they don't alway tell the truth, and sometimes, sometimes they even totally lie!' :eek:

Liar. I would like to point out the hilarity that I didn't say any such thing. Nice one for exposing yourself as a lying idiot.
Now jog on before you embarrass yourself further :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending