The Student Room Group

US forced to admit Yemen 'Al Qaeda bomber' was actually a CIA operative

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Stefan1991
That's interesting. Why did Osama's young unarmed son in his pyjamas deserve to be murdered for the alleged crimes of his father?

Did his 12 year old daughter also deserve to watch her father murdered in cold blood before her very eyes? Will that not stay with her for the rest of her life?

did all those people massacred by terrorists led by/inspired by bin laden deserve to die?

did peoples families deserve to lose or even see relatives die in atrocities caused by this man?

alleged crimes? i know your a bit cracked but this is too far even for your posts
Reply 81
Original post by alex5455
did all those people massacred by terrorists led by/inspired by bin laden deserve to die?

did peoples families deserve to lose or even see relatives die in atrocities caused by this man?

alleged crimes? i know your a bit cracked but this is too far even for your posts

So by stooping to the SAME level is fine?

Do you consider it being okay for some innocent child being killed for simply being related to someone evil?
Reply 82
Original post by SDK94
Ok, you're definitely trolling. I understand. You were bored, had nothing to do, and trolling was the easiest option. I have to admit, you've done a pretty good job of working people up. Kudos.

:lolwut: If anyone is trolling, it's you. I merely relayed a news story which might have been of interest to some people. How you interpreted that as trolling, I will never know.

Don't get worked up on my behalf. I encourage using reason rather than submitting to primitive emotions.
Reply 83

Hello. How exactly is murdering Osama's innocent children, who had nothing to do with his alleged crimes, in any way justifiable or humane?

Yes. Alleged crimes. Because no crimes have been proven to have been committed in a court of law. Therefore they are merely alleged. It's innocent before proven guilty, a concept you really should be aware of. Your ignorance of it is quite startling. Bin Laden was murdered as an innocent man. If it had been proven in court in a fair and open trial that he had committed some sort of crime, that would be a different story. Otherwise you have no basis for your accusations.
That's interesting. Why did Osama's young unarmed son in his pyjamas deserve to be murdered for the alleged crimes of his father?

Did his 12 year old daughter also deserve to watch her father murdered in cold blood before her very eyes? Will that not stay with her for the rest of her life?

It is possible that his 22 y/o son was killed becuase he was picking up a gun, or didnt that thought occur to you? - this wasnt primary school these special forces were entering, it was a lair of one of the worlds worst terrorists.

Additinally if bin laden was concerned about his family and kids, would he have authorised various murders abroad then go on the run with multiple wives and kids? Seems he was more interested in having more human shields available to hide behind for when the americans caught up with him.
Reply 85
Original post by Indo-Chinese Food
It is possible that his 22 y/o son was killed becuase he was picking up a gun, or didnt that thought occur to you? - this wasnt primary school these special forces were entering, it was a lair of one of the worlds worst terrorists.

Additinally if bin laden was concerned about his family and kids, would he have authorised various murders abroad then go on the run with multiple wives and kids? Seems he was more interested in having more human shields available to hide behind for when the americans caught up with him.

"Lair". :rolleyes: It was the home of a man, his wives and his children. Don't attempt to demonise someone's family home to quell your cognitive dissonance.

His son was completely unarmed, this has been admitted by all sources involved. Bin laden himself was unarmed when he was murdered in cold blood. This has been admitted by all official reports and confirmed with all interviews with the SEALS themselves. Stick to the facts please.

The idea that a man, because he is ruthlessly hunted by the most formidable force in the world (so they say), considers his own family "human shields" just because he lives with them, is ludicrous.
"Lair". :rolleyes: It was the home of a man, his wives and his children. Don't attempt to demonise someone's family home to quell your cognitive dissonance.

His son was completely unarmed, this has been admitted by all sources involved. Bin laden himself was unarmed when he was murdered in cold blood. This has been admitted by all official reports and confirmed with all interviews with the SEALS themselves. Stick to the facts please.

The idea that a man, because he is ruthlessly hunted by the most formidable force in the world (so they say), considers his own family "human shields" just because he lives with them, is ludicrous.

im afraid then, you are the 'liar'. Bin laden didnt even live with all his wives abd children prior to moving to pakistan, once there officially on the run from the americans, he called for various wives and children to join him - in full knowledge he could be raided or even bombed by the americans for his crimes. What a hero. including one wife he had been seperated from for years previously.

Seals have all said they elimated the targets they felt at the time were threats to themselves - they are not in the habit of simply exectuing people who mean no harm - unlike bin laden and various islamists. Bin laden got a burial (of sorts) over and above what he deserved - seeing as he offered nowhere near the same to his own victims.
(edited 11 years ago)
No one has never attempted to make up a cover story which wasn't somewhat plausible. We are talking about the greatest minds and propagandists in the world here, who also happen to be gatekeepers of all the available knowledge on the incident. It's not a good idea to take everything they say at face-value...

The only way we know anywhere close to the real truth are when the classified documents are eventually apparently "leaked" or declassified decades down the line... and even then they're probably heavily redacted, doctored and falsified. A real life Ministry of Truth. (or Minitrue in Newspeak)

Why would they want to make something like this up?

Other than the publicity, I don't understand why they would lie about this. Publicity for an organisation which essentially is a secret service is well... not a good idea. I would have thought they would have wanted to keep it a secret.

However, the reason I'm saying it is plausible is the fact that this is the job of a CIA agent. So the CIA actually doing their job makes this more plausible, than a hill-billy claiming to have organised this!

But like you said, who knows whether it is the truth. For now, I'll believe it up to a point, but to me it sounds like a credible story and as if it is something which did happen.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 88
It was the home of a man, his wives and his children.

"Liar".

It was the home to a certain ARMED courier too :rolleyes:.

When you go into a situation as volatile as this, you shoot dead anyone you see as a threat; no thinking required.

Bin laden himself was unarmed when he was murdered in cold blood

Thousands of innocent civilians were "murdered in cold blood" due to this mans actions. The tyrant deserved nothing less than his head being blown off.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 89
Original post by f1mad
"Liar".

It was the home to a certain ARMED courier too :rolleyes:.

There is a long standing tradition of owning and carrying guns in Pakistan.

Infact, the invading army comes from a country where it is the same, and it is actually a right to have a gun in your home to protect yourself incase armed soldiers kick down your door and threaten your life and your family. Funny that. Those rights are there for exactly this reason.

Original post by f1mad

When you go into a situation as volatile as this, you shoot dead anyone you see as a threat; no thinking required.

:facepalm:

No... it is a direct violation of the Geneva Convention to shoot lawful unarmed civilians. That applies shooting unarmed civillians in the street when you are the invading army, and in the home of an unarmed suspected criminal when invading the sovereignty of a country you are supposedly an ally of.

Even the US's own laws and own codes prohibit murdering civilians in cold blood, exposing them as complete hypocrites and criminals themselves.

How does a young guy woken up in the middle of the night in his pjamas pose a threat to a gang of heavily armed soldiers with guns which justifies gunning him down? :lolwut: You're screwed in the head.

Original post by f1mad
Thousands of innocent civilians were "murdered in cold blood" due to this mans actions. The tyrant deserved nothing less than his head being blown off.

"Allegedly". You don't just assassinate someone suspected of a crime. You are suggesting the government should have the power to be judge, jury and executioner over people's lives. That would be tyranny and fascism.
Reply 90
Original post by Doctor.
So by stooping to the SAME level is fine?

Do you consider it being okay for some innocent child being killed for simply being related to someone evil?

one day people will actually read what people type not what they want to believe, do you say bin laden didnt deserve to be killed?
Reply 91
Hello. How exactly is murdering Osama's innocent children, who had nothing to do with his alleged crimes, in any way justifiable or humane?

Yes. Alleged crimes. Because no crimes have been proven to have been committed in a court of law. Therefore they are merely alleged. It's innocent before proven guilty, a concept you really should be aware of. Your ignorance of it is quite startling. Bin Laden was murdered as an innocent man. If it had been proven in court in a fair and open trial that he had committed some sort of crime, that would be a different story. Otherwise you have no basis for your accusations.

since you obviously cant cope with understanding things not directly spelled out for you, BIN LADEN DESERVED TO DIE i said nothing about his son.

i know your a terrorist supporting consipiracy theorist, but alleged crimes? everyone knows hes responsible for atrocities and he had admitted them killing him was perfectly justified
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 92
one day people will actually read what people type not what they want to believe, do you say bin laden didnt deserve to be killed?

No, no one deserves to be killed. He didn't and neither did the people bin Laden caused to be killed. Killing to punish someones actions, isn't a punishment. Prison till death, seems much more fitting.

Either way, killing an unarmed child? How could you possibly condone a child being killed who is merely related to someone bad?
Reply 93
Original post by Doctor.
No, no one deserves to be killed. He didn't and neither did the people bin Laden caused to be killed. Killing to punish someones actions, isn't a punishment. Prison till death, seems much more fitting.

Either way, killing an unarmed child? How could you possibly condone a child being killed who is merely related to someone bad?

like i said one day people will actually read what is typed, i condone the killing of bin laden, where do i condone the killing of his child?

stop putting words in my mouth
Reply 94
like i said one day people will actually read what is typed, i condone the killing of bin laden, where do i condone the killing of his child?

stop putting words in my mouth

I'm not putting words into your mouth. Simply asking a question :tongue:

I'm glad there are some decent people in the world who can actually see that killing someone as some form of punishment? Is pretty stupid :lol:
Reply 95
Original post by Doctor.
I'm not putting words into your mouth. Simply asking a question :tongue:

I'm glad there are some decent people in the world who can actually see that killing someone as some form of punishment? Is pretty stupid :lol:

actually you said how can i condone killing a child, when i never condoned it, so as i said stop putting words in my mouth

how is it stupid? the man was no ordinary criminal, if he was put on trial and imprisoned there would have been attacks aimed at forcing the americans to free him, he was too dangerous to be allowed to live.
Reply 96
actually you said how can i condone killing a child, when i never condoned it, so as i said stop putting words in my mouth

how is it stupid? the man was no ordinary criminal, if he was put on trial and imprisoned there would have been attacks aimed at forcing the americans to free him, he was too dangerous to be allowed to live.

Because there isn't any attacks against Americans now? :s-smilie:
Reply 97
Original post by Doctor.
Because there isn't any attacks against Americans now? :s-smilie:

no successful ones on the mainland. which is what would have been targeted by every terror group out there if bin laden was taken there for trial/imprisonment. more hostages would have been taken and killed to try and gain his freedom
Reply 98
no successful ones on the mainland. which is what would have been targeted by every terror group out there if bin laden was taken there for trial/imprisonment. more hostages would have been taken and killed to try and gain his freedom

Instead there are countless attacks on their troops... They're still being attacked either way?
Reply 99
Original post by Doctor.
Instead there are countless attacks on their troops... They're still being attacked either way?

are you being deliberately difficult?

the attacks on the troops would happen anyway and were happening before bin laden was killed, what im saying is by killing bin laden on the spot they saved having him around for people to try and free, no one can take a hostage and say bring bin laden back to life or we will kill them etc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending