The Student Room Group

Are These Highers (S5) Beneficial Towards Studying Law?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
my sister's a current law student and she took:
H English
H Maths
H History
H Geography
H Chemistry

so I think you'd be fine :smile: you definitely, definitely want to go for the essay based subjects!
Reply 21
hey guys :smile: and the column which i took RMPS in only had physics, chemistry, p.e. etc (RMPS was the most relevant) I have modern studies at Int 2 (had the exam today) and I really like maths :-) you're all very helpful but what i've chosen is due to my columns. I could take history theoretically but then I would have to drop french and maths :frown: confusing I know but my columns are terrible!
Reply 22
Original post by rawragee
my sister's a current law student and she took:
H English
H Maths
H History
H Geography
H Chemistry

so I think you'd be fine :smile: you definitely, definitely want to go for the essay based subjects!

are french & rmps essay subjects? Human Bio is no use to me at all which is really annoying :frown:
Reply 23
Original post by hannahmm
I'm also planning on studying Law at university and I'm currently in S4.
Next year I'm hoping to take:
Higher Maths
Higher English
Higher Art
Higher History
Higher Information Systems :smile:

woohoo :smile: I have never heard of information systems, my school is pretty basic :s-smilie: they stopped Latin last year which is REALLY annoying as I would've loved to do that! Good luck with art :smile:
Reply 24
Original post by itsc0ntagious
woohoo :smile: I have never heard of information systems, my school is pretty basic :s-smilie: they stopped Latin last year which is REALLY annoying as I would've loved to do that! Good luck with art :smile:

It's just basically like computing! My school doesn't do Latin either which is a shame. Thanks, good luck with your subjects too, might see you at uni haha :smile:
Reply 25
are french & rmps essay subjects? Human Bio is no use to me at all which is really annoying :frown:

I'm not sure about rmps - never done it myself - although I do suggest having a look at past papers on the SQA website to see what the exams are actually like though? I am currently doing French. Yes, you do write a lot of essays in it so I would class it as a kind of one? There is a lot about structure and language in it aha, also I heard it's good to have a language just in general!
Reply 26
It's just basically like computing! My school doesn't do Latin either which is a shame. Thanks, good luck with your subjects too, might see you at uni haha :smile:

Aw cool! aw yeah :smile: are you thinking of edinburgh or glasgow by any chance? :tongue:
Reply 27

Yes, RMPS is an essay subject.
Reply 28
Aw cool! aw yeah :smile: are you thinking of edinburgh or glasgow by any chance? :tongue:

I'm considering both along with Dundee too. How about you? :smile:
Reply 29
I'm considering both along with Dundee too. How about you? :smile:

Yeah I'm the same! My careers advisor told me Dundee offers 'law with a language' and you work abroad on your third year which sounds fun :cool::tongue:
Original post by Norton1
I think you've chosen well with regard to law. I don't actually think Modern Studies is all that vital (or indeed helpful)

I agree. I pretty much covered everything I learnt from the politics/law making aspect of Modern Studies in one Constitutional Law lecture. Though both Modern Studies and History (along with English) are really good for developing essay writing skills.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending