Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Pizza Hut

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Anyone work for pizza hut?
    What is the pay like? And what did you have to do at the interview?
    I am thinking of applying for buffet host? or team member?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    My friend worked there briefly. I don't know what the interview was like but I know the pay was absolutely pitiful.

She quit after about a month because they were pretty unreasonable about her hours.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I used to work there for 3 months, on £3.64 an hour absolutely hated it!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've worked at Pizza Hut since April 2011, and I love it. I worked at a large store in a retail park, and it was ok. Moved to Cardiff, transferred to a Hut here and now I love it. Everyone's friendly, the work isn't awful, and as for wages - if you're Front of House, you keep all your own tips and it really boosts your earnings. You can do anything from £10-£60+ per shift
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'm assuming that quite a lot of people who work for Pizza Hut will see this; you front of house people are genuinely awesome. It is some of the friendliest service you can get. Now I don't know if there's a big box of happy pills through the back to create this or something but I do know I like it. Keep it up.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Norton1)
    I'm assuming that quite a lot of people who work for Pizza Hut will see this; you front of house people are genuinely awesome. It is some of the friendliest service you can get. Now I don't know if there's a big box of happy pills through the back to create this or something but I do know I like it. Keep it up.
    No happy pills! Just the Pizza Hut "hand-shake" we're meant to use with every customer - a set of five steps to follow to give great service. And we're supposed to treat all customers as if we're their "friend on the inside"
    That, and we live in the hope people will fill out the surveys mentioned on their receipts
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dougalbug)
    No happy pills! Just the Pizza Hut "hand-shake" we're meant to use with every customer - a set of five steps to follow to give great service. And we're supposed to treat all customers as if we're their "friend on the inside"
    That, and we live in the hope people will fill out the surveys mentioned on their receipts
    Do you get something if I fill in the survey? If so I will start filling them in.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yep - we get the Area Managers to stop threatening us with disciplinaries if we don't start getting more.
    And most Huts offer internal incentives to their staff if they get a certain amount a week etc but seriously? We appreciate it so, so much when they get filled in.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering, as a team member what are the different things that you do?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chlodobaggins)
    I was wondering, as a team member what are the different things that you do?
    Team Member is the generic title given to all members of staff that aren't management.
    This is split into two: FOH and BOH. Front of House, these days you start as a "Salad Chef", which is basically just filling and maintaining the salad bar. After a while, you move on to waiting. Some stores have set Buffet Hosts, some just schedule people in to do so some weeks, waiting others.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 6, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.