The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I got confused between Park village and Park houses too! But I later worked out that Park village are the individual houses for about 5 people with no table in the kitchen and the Park Houses aren't really that much like houses they are more like halls, with floors and corridors, so I guess it is like a big house. The Park houses are split into four I think, York, Lancaster, Kent and the other one I can't remember.
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 21
rowsandcolumns
I emailed and they said forms would come out around Easter time! I'm worried now!

well the end of march can sorta be considered easter time.
Reply 22
so soonish then.. damn I need to get deciding, wanna send it off as soon as I get it, can't afford to spend days deciding once I've got it!
Reply 23
no definetly not, if you dont send it off as soon as you get it i doubt you would get lewes court or brighthelm.
I'm thinking Lewes Court Phase 1 as first choice. And then perhaps not Brighthelm as it seems like a wasted option to have it as a second choice...so i reckon i'll go for one of the park houses. That way, if i don't get into LC, i'll have a decent chance of not ending up in East Slope/Park Village (no offence to anyone living in either of these!).
Reply 25
are all the Park Houses the same or would anyone recommend one over the others?
Personally, I'd pick Norwich and Lancaster over Kent and York by miles.

But when I filled in my form, you couldn't specify which house. I doubt that's changed.

Oh, and Holland House isn't one of the Park Houses. In case that throws you :smile:
Reply 27
zoea85
I got confused between Park village and Park houses too! But I later worked out that Park village are the individual houses for about 5 people with no table in the kitchen and the Park Houses aren't really that much like houses they are more like halls, with floors and corridors, so I guess it is like a big house. The Park houses are split into four I think, York, Lancaster, Kent and the other one I can't remember.

Park Village are for 12. Although there are a very few 2 people flats. The huge majority are for 12, sharing a bathroom and 2 kitchens.
AHHH all this is just making me really want to get Lewes Court!
Reply 29
Abbie
Park Village are for 12. Although there are a very few 2 people flats. The huge majority are for 12, sharing a bathroom and 2 kitchens.

12 sharing 1 bathroom !?:eek: I didn't realise that at all. Sounds as bad as east slope! It probably just looks a bit better?
zoea85
12 sharing 1 bathroom !?:eek: I didn't realise that at all. Sounds as bad as east slope! It probably just looks a bit better?

Yeah, but they tend to have a shower and a separate bath. Some have two showers and a bath.

And a separate toilet too, so you shouldn't need to hold it in while someone's in the shower.

EDIT: I think I'm the only person whose favourite accommodation is Park Village, haha.
If you don't like the look of any on-campus accommodation apart from Lewes Court/Brighthelm, I'd advise you to go for Holland House. It may be off campus but it's situated on a road just off the seafront and very near town. Sure it's nice to be on campus for the first few weeks of term, but after that it can get claustrophobic and the 40 minute bus journeys into town can be frustrating! I guess the only major downside is it takes 40 minutes to get into uni in the morning! Not great for 9 o clock lectures!
Reply 32
dogtanian
EDIT: I think I'm the only person whose favourite accommodation is Park Village, haha.
I loved it! We had 1 bath w/ shower, a separate shower and two toilets. There were never all 12 of us in - everyone has different schedules so it was never a problem. I had a great time there and would definitely recommend it

Jo x
Reply 33
zoea85

In my ES flat, it's 8 sharing 2 bathrooms.
Reply 34
I've decided I've given up worrying about where to put down on my form. In the end I'll get what I'm given and the only thing I really dont want is a shared room. Anything else I'll be happy with. Nice to hear everyone's opinions though, reassuring to know there isnt one single block that everyone hates, it's all pretty mixed.
I've only just discovered the housing link on the site, the only one I remotly like is Park Houses. The rest of them I'm not really grabbed by. Might be different when I see it properly. And what's up with all these service charges? Every other uni accommodation I've seen you don't have to pay for anything but the accommodation.
hallucination
I guess the only major downside is it takes 40 minutes to get into uni in the morning! Not great for 9 o clock lectures!

I'd end up going to none of my lectures. I'm probably going to be skipping enough as it is, I need to give myself some chance. :rolleyes:
mc_hamster
I've only just discovered the housing link on the site, the only one I remotly like is Park Houses. The rest of them I'm not really grabbed by. Might be different when I see it properly. And what's up with all these service charges? Every other uni accommodation I've seen you don't have to pay for anything but the accommodation.

At Lewes Court we have to pay electricity but it doesn't come to much if you're sensible. Last term it came to less than 15 pounds each.
kupoartist
In my ES flat, it's 8 sharing 2 bathrooms.

Mine's 12 sharing two showers, 2 toilets and a bath...
Reply 39
if you ARE considering off campus accom, florence road is pretty good. within walking distance from the clubs (20 mins-ish) and you can walk to the supermarkets (sainsbury's, somerfied, co-op and iceland) and it's a 6 minute train ride to uni, and the week train pass is cheaper than the week bus pass. if you're in 14, it's a 5 min walk uphill to the train station and if you're in 49 it's about 2 minutes downhill. amazing place to live in my opinion, plus the rooms are big compared to any of the on campus ones, including lewes court phase 2. you get a washbasin in your room and they're cheaper than almost all on campus rooms.

Latest